FF15 Judgement Disc Demo Discussion Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
You've probably already commented on it, but I'll ask anyways: does anybody else feel as if the encounters are too scarce?

I wonder if it's related to it being a demo or locked on "easy mode". The fact that you can't use a chocobo yet heightens that sensation, I guess.

Also, after experiencing some cutscenes like the one where you're introduced to Ardyn during sunset and other daylight conditions, I really don't know why they don't really choose them to showcase those specific scenes in trailers: the lighting conditions during dawn, dusk, twilight, night... look SO much better than the ones during broad sunlight.

I wasn't that keen on the whole Plague of the Stars making nights that much longer (I liked it more as a concept, although I was fine with it in a gameplay level, too), but now I'm very happy: nights are terrifying, the atmosphere and the music tracks are better and the enemies are cooler and more fun to fight. That said, the Fire Iron Giant completely wrecked my shit yesterday (my ice spell didn't do crap to him). Which is weird, as the first one I ever encountered was relatively easy to beat (in both instances his health dicreased with sunlight, as those fights tend to last a bit and 3 or 4 AM mean that sun's getting up).

Argento

Red Wings Commander
Nov 5, 2016
You've probably already commented on it, but I'll ask anyways: does anybody else feel as if the encounters are too scarce?

I wonder if it's related to it being a demo or locked on "easy mode". The fact that you can't use a chocobo yet heightens that sensation, I guess.

Also, after experiencing some cutscenes like the one where you're introduced to Ardyn during sunset and other daylight conditions, I really don't know why they don't really choose them to showcase those specific scenes in trailers: the lighting conditions during dawn, dusk, twilight, night... look SO much better than the ones during broad sunlight.

I wasn't that keen on the whole Plague of the Stars making nights that much longer (I liked it more as a concept, although I was fine with it in a gameplay level, too), but now I'm very happy: nights are terrifying, the atmosphere and the music tracks are better and the enemies are cooler and more fun to fight. That said, the Fire Iron Giant completely wrecked my shit yesterday (my ice spell didn't do crap to him). Which is weird, as the first one I ever encountered was relatively easy to beat (in both instances his health dicreased with sunlight, as those fights tend to last a bit and 3 or 4 AM mean that sun's getting up).
I did noticed that the encounters are too scarce. Bit too much imo. I sometimes need to walk for like a kilometer to find a group of mobs that can easily be killed with two attacks anyway lol. I hope that this is related to the easy difficulty limitation. And i also hope that monsters will get tougher and won't get down after there shots of revolver..
I killed the red giant :3 but party members kept dying.... Magic didnt help that much either, yeah.... Nothing really affected him, and i didnt find what could have. Looked like every weapon and magic i used was a violet damage.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
I did noticed that the encounters are too scarce. Bit too much imo. I sometimes need to walk for like a kilometer to find a group of mobs that can easily be killed with two attacks anyway lol. I hope that this is related to the easy difficulty limitation. And i also hope that monsters will get tougher and won't get down after there shots of revolver..
I killed the red giant :3 but party members kept dying.... Magic didnt help that much either, yeah.... Nothing really affected him, and i didnt find what could have. Looked like every weapon and magic i used was a violet damage.
Yeah, it kinda sucks considering combat is pretty fun. It's actually the opposite compared to when I was a kid and prayed for random battles to not happen in the PSX games (especially in IX, as they're slow as hell). In the previous games, not so much.

And indeed, every time I face a big Daemon, my party is royally fucked (minus, maybe, Prompto, as he's a long distance figther). I think I mixed 99 Ice with a potion, but I'm not too sure.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
Im just training on Bandersnatch and trying to git gud, you don't have to seek for enemies, just rest at camp and fight him again.

Argento

Red Wings Commander
Nov 5, 2016
Yeah, it kinda sucks considering combat is pretty fun. It's actually the opposite compared to when I was a kid and prayed for random battles to not happen in the PSX games (especially in IX, as they're slow as hell). In the previous games, not so much.

And indeed, every time I face a big Daemon, my party is royally fucked (minus, maybe, Prompto, as he's a long distance figther). I think I mixed 99 Ice with a potion, but I'm not too sure.
Heh i had a 200+ wild magic and still sucked hard.
And dat FFIX loading screen lmao... Every attack took like 20 seconds to perform @_@

Argento

Red Wings Commander
Nov 5, 2016
Im just training on Bandersnatch and trying to git gud, you don't have to seek for enemies, just rest at camp and fight him again.
Well what we mean is, we want more enemies in the final game, also because a big part of the fun comes from the combat (which is fucking awesome imo). More enemies and more though enemies. We want CHALLENGE! So just killing the same boss over and over again isnt that fun after a bit. I just want to be forced to fight random shit while exploring more frequently.

Jul 16, 2015
There could be a couple reasons as to why there are scarce encounters. One could be the fact that it's on easy mode and another reason could be that it's just how they wanted to make the beginning of the game so that it's not too overwhelming for the player while they get used to the open world structure. It also may be because they toned down the encounter rate for the demo. Either way all the other areas they have shown off in presentations have shown a lot of encounters with enemies so i'm not worried. I rather not step on an enemy every five feet though so I can enjoy running around and exploring.

Omegataco

PSICOM Soldier
Apr 1, 2016
There could be a couple reasons as to why there are scarce encounters. One could be the fact that it's on easy mode and another reason could be that it's just how they wanted to make the beginning of the game so that it's not too overwhelming for the player while they get used to the open world structure. It also may be because they toned down the encounter rate for the demo. Either way all the other areas they have shown off in presentations have shown a lot of encounters with enemies so i'm not worried. I rather not step on an enemy every five feet though so I can enjoy running around and exploring.
We're also going to have the Niflheim airship encounters like in ED once you get to a certain point in the story

Noctis_Caelum

Chocobo Knight
Jul 15, 2014
Bloody hell, cactuar came outta nowhere, confused my party and freakin' Prompto was shooting like a drunkards everywhere!

This games full of surprises xD
Yeah the cactuar confused and than attacked me, I did a counter, but Noctis attacked Gladiolus instead the enemy. After the catuar ran away they were still confused and did really strange things like moving their arms up and down, just crazy.^^
Really fun the status confuse xD

Anyway, I played more than 5 hours and defeated Bandersnatch, got the car, but two dungeon are not avaible.
Can you enter any dungeon?

Nevertheless, l like the demo,
+ the character, really sympatic and realistic
+ the world/exploration, really can't wait to explore the other landscapes
+ the music, so much variations and FF-like
+ the sounds, magic spells and weapons sound really good
+ battle system, all in real time and cool combos
+ camping, gives a different feeling to the game
+ Promptos photos, that's an awesome feature, because the pictures look so natural, realistic and you can really feel that they are friends and have fun.
+ magic crafting, collecting the energy and combinate it with a catalysator gives you so many possibilities (too bad couldn't read the japanese what I was even creating^^)
+ the monsters, they look so good so I really hope there's a bestary
+/- the camera, it was good while you fight against a small enemy, but big ones like bandersnatch is not comportable. The best way is just to attack the big enemies without locking on (I do this also in the Souls series)
- the driving, it's very "heavy" to drive to the left or right side, also you can't drive off road (I know it's GTA, but the car even stops automatically when you want to crash against a wall or cars)
- japanese, the language and also the text are in japanese so I couldn't really understand they were saying and couldn't read anything, that reduced my play-fun, but well the game have multible languages and text
- the volume of the music, the battle themes are louder than the environment/menu music.
So it's not balanced, if I want to hear the beautiful menu music louder, the music in battle were also but too loud which you can't even hear exactly the sounds. Also the sounds of Bandersnatch were really silent.
But it could caused that my TV, I don't know. Well that was my biggest concern in the demo.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
One minor gripe: they should add more generic NPC variety. I don't mind at all if their face is the same just put them in different attire like in the Witcher 3.

I came across this mercenary like base. I really like the design of those npcs.