FF15 Judgement Disc Demo Discussion Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Argento

Red Wings Commander
Nov 5, 2016
Well i already spent 90€ for the premium edition, i dont think im gonna spend other 25 for a guide lol... Even if I AM tempted as well tho.

Another fucking hidden boss? How many of these are in this demo lol? I know they're inaccessible, but we've already seen the Naga Raja and now this. The boss is named Jormungand (ヨルムンガンド) by the way for those interested.
At least it doesn't seem like too important of a boss. Mostly the same moveset as Mirdgardsormr but with a few extra things.

Argento

Red Wings Commander
Nov 5, 2016
Another monster found in the Judgment Demo via sewer glitch. The shiled is a great weapon in XV.
Btw did he get the shield through the glitch as well? Cos i remember people talking about the shield.
Also, monsters design is pretty awesome. Can't wait to complete the bestiary :3

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Btw did he get the shield through the glitch as well? Cos i remember people talking about the shield.
Also, monsters design is pretty awesome. Can't wait to complete the bestiary :3
Have not idea (and haven't even watched the video), but I'm assuming that he gets the shield in that dungeon, yeah, as I think it's nowhere to be found in the open areas of the demo. So, unless I'm wrong, Gladio is the only one that doesn't have secondary weapons avaible in JD (Ignis can get the spear and Prompto the Bioblaster located north of the map).

The shield was the most satisfying weapon for me in PD, by far. It also (both the shield itself and the sword) is aesthetically great; really liking its ornamental, slick black design. Let's see how many of them there are and how they look, but I can see myself having a shield most of the times in my weapon deck.

Argento

Red Wings Commander
Nov 5, 2016
Have not idea (and haven't even watched the video), but I'm assuming that he gets the shield in that dungeon, yeah, as I think it's nowhere to be found in the open areas of the demo. So, unless I'm wrong, Gladio is the only one that doesn't have secondary weapons avaible in JD (Ignis can get the spear and Prompto the Bioblaster located north of the map).

The shield was the most satisfying weapon for me in PD, by far. It also (both the shield itself and the sword) is aesthetically great; really liking its ornamental, slick black design. Let's see how many of them there are and how they look, but I can see myself having a shield most of the times in my weapon deck.
Omg yeah, it was sooo useful!
Each swing of the giant's sword was a parry lol, and it was great making him stagger.
And yeah i think there are gonna be many shields, as well as weapons in general. Also i guess one royal arms could be a super badass shield with special properties.
I really like how they implemented each weapon anyway.
In the Judgement Demo, the most useful i found was the lance. Really looking forward to find every weapon.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Y
Omg yeah, it was sooo useful!
Each swing of the giant's sword was a parry lol, and it was great making him stagger.
And yeah i think there are gonna be many shields, as well as weapons in general. Also i guess one royal arms could be a super badass shield with special properties.
I really like how they implemented each weapon anyway.
In the Judgement Demo, the most useful i found was the lance. Really looking forward to find every weapon.
Yep, the parrying feeling with the shield was really satisfying. I know we've already seen all the Royal Arms in videos and such. Can't remember if there's a shield among those, though. The shuriken was great too.

And true, the lance felt fucking great. Fast, with quite a long reach and with the coolest animations imo. Dragoons are underrated; I wish a mainline main character had those as his/her default choice instead of, you know, swords.

Argento

Red Wings Commander
Nov 5, 2016
Y

Yep, the parrying feeling with the shield was really satisfying. I know we've already seen all the Royal Arms in videos and such. Can't remember if there's a shield among those, though. The shuriken was great too.

And true, the lance felt fucking great. Fast, with quite a long reach and with the coolest animations imo. Dragoons are underrated; I wish a mainline main character had those as his/her default choice instead of, you know, swords.
Haha, swords are too mainstream. But i always wanted to have a main character like firion, who could switch between a big variety of weapon.
They do should focus on the dragoons yeah, they are pretty interesting (i was main DRG in FFXIV, if you ever played it :p ).
Actually every weapon feels fucking great :p maybe just the gunplay is a bit static, but i bet there are gonna be automatic guns too (or maybe just some freaking cool gun like the sniper rifle they showed).

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Haha, swords are too mainstream. But i always wanted to have a main character like firion, who could switch between a big variety of weapon.
They do should focus on the dragoons yeah, they are pretty interesting (i was main DRG in FFXIV, if you ever played it :p ).
Actually every weapon feels fucking great :p maybe just the gunplay is a bit static, but i bet there are gonna be automatic guns too (or maybe just some freaking cool gun like the sniper rifle they showed).
I'm very impressed by the amount of animations and weapon "feels" this game has. I was one of those bothered about not being able to control any character beyond Noctis (a lot of it came from the fact that it seemed as if Cor would be a main character and I really liked his design lol), but I don't care at all anymore, considering how, in Noctis, you have many different jobs (that you can actually swtich from one to another in just a button press).

Haven't played XIV (can't really into MMORPGs, even if people that don't really like them enjoyed XIV), but what I've seen of it makes me like Dragoons even more. Especially with that expansion (Heavensward?) where the default character is a Dragoon.

And yeah, guns are a bit awkard, but I don't think I'll use them much anyways. I'm curious to see how snipers work and such. Maybe we can have dual gun wielding, who knows.

Argento

Red Wings Commander
Nov 5, 2016
I'm very impressed by the amount of animations and weapon "feels" this game has. I was one of those bothered about not being able to control any character beyond Noctis (a lot of it came from the fact that it seemed as if Cor would be a main character and I really liked his design lol), but I don't care at all anymore, considering how, in Noctis, you have many different jobs (that you can actually swtich from one to another in just a button press).

Haven't played XIV (can't really into MMORPGs, even if people that don't really like them enjoyed XIV), but what I've seen of it makes me like Dragoons even more. Especially with that expansion (Heavensward?) where the default character is a Dragoon.

And yeah, guns are a bit awkard, but I don't think I'll use them much anyways. I'm curious to see how snipers work and such. Maybe we can have dual gun wielding, who knows.
Mmmmmhh dual wielding :Q___ he's already cool with two daggers, Imagine with two guns... im pretty sure there will be fun variations of that simple and static revolver anyway....
I was kinda bothered about the characters thing too... I would have loved to control Prompto :3 as well as the others. But i preordered the premium digital edition so i'll be able to do so anyway since every dlc is included.
Actually i kinda miss the whole Versus XIII lol, the atmosphere and everything was fucking sick @_@

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Guns might look awkward when you've got a player who stands back out of range and holds the circle button, but I've seen gifs on NeoGAF and Youtube clips that show that there's more to them than that. The revolver, at least, offers a near-instantaneous initial attack, medium range, and good movement capabilities, and it can drop aerial enemies to make them easier to deal with. It seems like it'd make a perfect secondary weapon to keep up one's offensive while staying out of range -- you can fire while rolling, and maybe you'll even be able to combo from the one-handed sword's backflip to a gunshot to provide the split-second of hitstun needed to ensure your safety when coming back in with the sword.

I'm definitely curious about the snipers, too. I imagine they'd offer long range and high damage output in return for a very slow fire rate and a higher-than-usual skill requirement (you actually have to aim them!). It'll be interesting to see whether there are multipliers from hitting vulnerable targets... or maybe even the ability to break appendages instantly if you're accurate enough. Either way, I feel like they'd be used more strategically, as magic and machinery are.

As for dual wielding, Prompto wields two pistols in Chapter 0. Since Noct is able to use all the same weapons as his friends, you might get your wish!

Argento

Red Wings Commander
Nov 5, 2016
Guns might look awkward when you've got a player who stands back out of range and holds the circle button, but I've seen gifs on NeoGAF and Youtube clips that show that there's more to them than that. The revolver, at least, offers a near-instantaneous initial attack, medium range, and good movement capabilities, and it can drop aerial enemies to make them easier to deal with. It seems like it'd make a perfect secondary weapon to keep up one's offensive while staying out of range -- you can fire while rolling, and maybe you'll even be able to combo from the one-handed sword's backflip to a gunshot to provide the split-second of hitstun needed to ensure your safety when coming back in with the sword.

I'm definitely curious about the snipers, too. I imagine they'd offer long range and high damage output in return for a very slow fire rate and a higher-than-usual skill requirement (you actually have to aim them!). It'll be interesting to see whether there are multipliers from hitting vulnerable targets... or maybe even the ability to break appendages instantly if you're accurate enough. Either way, I feel like they'd be used more strategically, as magic and machinery are.

As for dual wielding, Prompto wields two pistols in Chapter 0. Since Noct is able to use all the same weapons as his friends, you might get your wish!
Yupppp i think you will have to be strategical while using sniper rifles.
If you remember, the VR experience trailer had Prompto using his gun against the behemot. He actually had to aim at specific zones of his body (like the neck) to deal way more damage. I bet they kept that feature for Noctis as well. So using a sniper would mean warp away, switching weapon to it, aiming at a specific spot (think about machine enemies, that spot would be the joints) and shoot, then "CRUSH" the enemy and beat his ass while he is weak lol.

Noctis_Caelum

Chocobo Knight
Jul 15, 2014
So I played over 15 hours of the demo and I think I explored everything.
1. It rains, but only when you're going to Insomnia
2. There 3 dungeons
First. Boss is the spider Arachne
Second. The elevator (showed also at PAX), boss is the samurai
Third. A ladder down to the dungeon
3. Found a tunnel where Goblins are
4. You can climb a ladder of a tower in the north between the tomb and dungeon
5. You can go to the place where Noct and co are looking to Insomnia and see the Niflheim airships while Noctis is calling Cor

AverageAfro

PSICOM Soldier
Aug 3, 2016
So I played over 15 hours of the demo and I think I explored everything.
1. It rains, but only when you're going to Insomnia
2. There 3 dungeons
First. Boss is the spider Arachne
Second. The elevator (showed also at PAX), boss is the samurai
Third. A ladder down to the dungeon
3. Found a tunnel where Goblins are
4. You can climb a ladder of a tower in the north between the tomb and dungeon
5. You can go to the place where Noct and co are looking to Insomnia and see the Niflheim airships while Noctis is calling Cor
This. The very fact that there's so much to do just in the first section is really good. I wont be seeing most of it in my first playthrough as I want to get through the story and get spoilers out of the way, however i'm looking forward to exploring EVERYTHING on my second playthrough!

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Mmmmmhh dual wielding :Q___ he's already cool with two daggers, Imagine with two guns... im pretty sure there will be fun variations of that simple and static revolver anyway....
I was kinda bothered about the characters thing too... I would have loved to control Prompto :3 as well as the others. But i preordered the premium digital edition so i'll be able to do so anyway since every dlc is included.
Actually i kinda miss the whole Versus XIII lol, the atmosphere and everything was fucking sick @_@
Yeah. Although, to be fair, the shooting mechanics shown during the Versus era (namely the 2011 trailer) were very awkward. Almost as if barely any thought process had been put into them. Let's see how they might work in the Prompto DLC, considering the gameplay of those slices are, supposedly, going to significantly differ from Noctis' playstyle.

Oh, yeah, when you actually get to play the game, it's no as awkward looking: I usually had it and mixed it up with aerial sword attacks and the spear (eventually gave my spear to Ignis so that his combos and cross skills would be better. Didn't buy another one for me as I didn't play more than... 7 hours lol).

I hadn't notice that during Chapter 0, actually. Got close enough to look at Ignis (looking great) and how he was throwing those spears. Another thing I'm kinda interested is seeing if we can wield two swords at the same time, even if it's a very short amount of time (had this thought after seeing that key art poster).

I wonder what other kinds of firearms we have (RPGs? Shotguns?). Also, machines. Anything that makes you think of Sabin is cool, and the Bioblaster, even though not very fun to use (to be fair, I gave it to Prompto very soon), was very interesting, especially with a lot of enemies around. I was also very surprised to see what the warping strike button (O for me) did. Didn't expect that, even though it makes sense considering what weapon it is.

I mentioned having a FF main character with spears as preferred weapons, but one with all kinds of machinery would be sweet too.

Argento

Red Wings Commander
Nov 5, 2016
Yeah. Although, to be fair, the shooting mechanics shown during the Versus era (namely the 2011 trailer) were very awkward. Almost as if barely any thought process had been put into them. Let's see how they might work in the Prompto DLC, considering the gameplay of those slices are, supposedly, going to significantly differ from Noctis' playstyle.
Oh im sure we are going to enjoy the dlcs. Maybe gladios' one will be the most... boring i guess?, since its gameplay is not that different from Noctis' one.
I bet that Prompto's mechanics will be like dirge of cerberus anyway (which i enjoyed a lot) sooo it will be fun.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Technically speaking, Ignis, Gladio and Prompto's gameplay don't differ too much from Noctis (outside of his warping) since he can use all their weapons.