FF15 Royal Pack Content - Discussion Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
So no one has managed to get out of bounds yet since the new patch? Do none of the old glitches work? Surprised no PC out of bounds either, seeing as it would probably be easier to do on PC.
It will take time, but in have a feeling someone will exploit it. On PC this will infinitely easier. We'll see stuff eventually

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Dunno how far you can go with Ansel but in theory...

Should be interesting for OOB stuff. I know so far I've used it to go out as far as Insomnia from Leide in the demo.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Finished the expanded Insomnia dungeon yesterday night (after collecting the Armiger Unleashed. A few thoughts:
  • I had previously thought that the Bahamut summon in the original game was the closest we'd yet gotten to PSOne-era CGI spectacular in real time, but the scene where the Hexatheon take down Ardyn's Wall blows that out of the water. It's right up there with the most epic CGI scenes in the entire series. XD
  • Adding four uniquely flashy bosses to Insomnia really sells it as the final dungeon. The switching mechanic for the Rulers of Yore fights is a fantastic way to tie up the brotherhood theme before Noct is forced to go solo for the final boss, and when you have Cor in your party for Cor, it ties up his role nicely as well.
  • Speaking of Cor, he gets some fantastic lines. I think I love the exchange where he tells Noct that Regis always said, "A single act of grace can save the human race." Noct doesn't quite get it initially (it sounds too easy for someone who knows that salvation will cost his life), but there's a lot to chew on there, and it really draws out the game's Christian themes.
  • Noct's speech to the Kingsglaive is fantastic as well. <3
  • The lore changes and some of the added scenes in the Royal Pack give the game an interesting relationship with disability. It's always been there to a certain extent (particularly with Ignis' and Luna's sacrifices of their eyesight and health, respectively), but the combination of the revelation that Noct's powers have been seriously limited by the injuries he sustained as a child and the mechanical fact that Noct is the only one with a stamina bar implies that the main character himself struggles with a certain amount of disability, which is pretty interesting for the genre.
  • Finally, Ardyn continues to be his usual glorious jerk self. Using the Wall and the Kings of Yore to rattle Noct is actually pretty brilliant. XD;

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Finished the expanded Insomnia dungeon yesterday night (after collecting the Armiger Unleashed. A few thoughts:
  • I had previously thought that the Bahamut summon in the original game was the closest we'd yet gotten to PSOne-era CGI spectacular in real time, but the scene where the Hexatheon take down Ardyn's Wall blows that out of the water. It's right up there with the most epic CGI scenes in the entire series. XD
  • Adding four uniquely flashy bosses to Insomnia really sells it as the final dungeon. The switching mechanic for the Rulers of Yore fights is a fantastic way to tie up the brotherhood theme before Noct is forced to go solo for the final boss, and when you have Cor in your party for Cor, it ties up his role nicely as well.
  • Speaking of Cor, he gets some fantastic lines. I think I love the exchange where he tells Noct that Regis always said, "A single act of grace can save the human race." Noct doesn't quite get it initially (it sounds too easy for someone who knows that salvation will cost his life), but there's a lot to chew on there, and it really draws out the game's Christian themes.
  • The lore changes and some of the added scenes in the Royal Pack give the game an interesting relationship with disability. It's always been there to a certain extent (particularly with Ignis' and Luna's sacrifices of their eyesight and health, respectively), but the combination of the revelation that Noct's powers have been seriously limited by the injuries he sustained as a child and the mechanical fact that Noct is the only one with a stamina bar implies that the main character himself struggles with a certain amount of disability, which is pretty interesting for the genre.
  • Finally, Ardyn continues to be his usual glorious jerk self. Using the Wall and the Kings of Yore to rattle Noct is actually pretty brilliant. XD;

That summon scene involving the wall, the new main bosses, the expanded Insomnia map, the slightly revamped Ardyn fight, the Armiger Unleashed, especially the Cor scenes, were some of the best parts of the DLC for me, thoroughly enjoyed them, and made Chapter 14 a much better chapter for me.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
What has been revamped about the Ardyn fight? I was still able to just spam kill him in the final form.
What I mean by that is that he has some attacks he used in Episode Ignis verses 1 and 2, such as the martial arts and the laser beam attack. It might not be a revamp everyone wanted, but I'm fine with adding some moves to his move-set.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I made an observation and notice that The Mystic, Rogue and Fierce (alongside The Oracle) seem to be quite prominent in the XV Universe by how frequently they are used for "important" stuff.

Vankwisha

Chocobo Knight
Feb 25, 2018
I've been thinking, knowing that we are getting another year and a bit of support for FFXV, what can we expect in terms of size. If you think about Episode Gladiolus(small), Episode Prompto(medium), Episode Ignis(medium), Comrades(Large), Royal Pack (Large). If you think about the DLC like that, I'm wondering what size the next four packs will be. I'm hoping for Royal Edition level :p

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I found one of the omega archives thing in the leide imperial base.
Had a feeling they werent in Insomnia. Good job!

@Vankwisha, yeah, I think with the amount of time they plan on spending on the DLC, they will all be significant.

They keep saying they want it to be "meaningful" and not just story filler. While I'm just interpreting, it leads me to believe that starting with Episode Ardyn, the content will be:

1. More integrated with the main game (perhaps it will be optional content in the main story but you can play them all in post game as well so that way you don't have to play the whole story again)
2. Expand on the main game (additional magic, additional regions and areas, additional combat mechanics? I don't see what else it could be aside from those and more story. Not plot filler, but meaningful additions like this)

I believe the above 2 are what they mean, but of course it is just being wishful at this point. This is what I feel like "Completing" FFXV will be about. Hopefully that is the direction they take. Luckily, episode Ardyn will show is how it will all work, AND they plan in still giving us the roadmap (The interview from 2 days ago confirmed it).

Not much longer now I hope