FF15 Royal Pack Content - Discussion Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Mystugan

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 4, 2018
when u beat the new chapter 14 and you go back to future Insomnia in chapter 15 you can do the Cerberus fight again like u were able to do the ifrit fight in the old chapter 14, or u can only repeat from the Ifrit fight?

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Ok but if thats the case, why show his cutscene in a flashback in the luna scene ? Makes no sense tbh. If this is really how it works, they should notify you that cor can join if you finish all side quests first don't you think ? Smh square...
It was for like. 25 seconds so it's not that bad, but yeah it's odd

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Is it remotely possible that a second patch is supposed to come in and add these things? Like square doesn't want all of the spoilers out while the DLC is only available in Australia?

At least the Cor and Armiger HAVE to be in, that much has been shown to us already. But things like additional Luna stuff and the Regalia also hidden by it?
That's a good question.

Nariya36

Sphere Hunter
Feb 18, 2018
Is it remotely possible that a second patch is supposed to come in and add these things? Like square doesn't want all of the spoilers out while the DLC is only available in Australia?

At least the Cor and Armiger HAVE to be in, that much has been shown to us already. But things like additional Luna stuff and the Regalia also hidden by it
Idk man that would be unfair to new Zealand and australia folks who would have to replay the chapter (via chap select and lose progress) to see the content or scenes.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
was the regalia quest data also found in the pc demo files or only in the benchmark files?
Both, but I wouldn't even go by that. The dialogue the Mystic says in the DLC (after you beat him) is in the benchmark but not in the demo.

The new trophies are not in the demo but only the benchmark as well.

It's safe to say that everything from the benchmark was meant to be in the game. The demo files just have quite a few things scrubbed, especially things that are already in the game.

Solid Sora

Red Wings Commander
Feb 11, 2015
Egypt
Anyways, even in the best case scenario where everything is in the DLC and we're just yet to find it, I think it's incredibly stupid for them to lock crucial story moments behind obscure stuff that even the most devoted, hardcore fans that bought the thing on the AU store because they can't wait a few more hours to get it can't figure it out 5+ hours in.

Like, even in the best case scenario, this is just incredibly stupid.

If it's worst case and crucial scenes they heavily advertised in the only trailer they released and in their official site until the day of the release is not even in the DLC... Then this is the shadiest shit I've ever seen in a while and I'm heavily disappointed. So I hope this is just stupid game design and we'll eventually find the scenes, because otherwise, damn.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Also how much of a troll would it be if the full Luna dialogue is locked behind having to complete all of the city objectives?
It's not even full dialogue, there are prompts that show she joins your party, dialogue for healing you and your party, performing attack actions, as well as summon Bahamut. It all is supposed to take place where the current scene is right now

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Anyways, even in the best case scenario where everything is in the DLC and we're just yet to find it, I think it's incredibly stupid for them to lock crucial story moments behind obscure stuff that even the most devoted, hardcore fans that bought the thing on the AU store because they can't wait a few more hours to get it can't figure it out 5+ hours in.

If it's worst case and crucial scenes they heavily advertised in the only trailer they released and in their official site until the day of the release is not even in the DLC... Then this is the shadiest shit I've ever seen in a while and I'm heavily disappointed. So I hope this is just stupid game design and we'll eventually find the scenes, because otherwise, damn.

Don't worry, there's no way the Armiger is not in the game, but I can see this stupid stunt being pulled. It isn't beneath them to do it.

Wena Washo

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 30, 2017

Perhaps it's even better if the stuff is not there and they just added later via a patch into the "main story", rather than it being there but extremely difficult to find.
It's a shady business practice and incredibly disrespectful to the consumer regardless.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Perhaps it's even better if the stuff is not there and they just added later via a patch into the "main story", rather than it being there but extremely difficult to find.
It's a shady business practice and incredibly disrespectful to the consumer regardless.
i don't think being hard to find is shady or disrespectful to be honest.

it adds replayability

also compared to other FFs, FFXV lacks these hard to find events/items (let alone other titles with huge amount of missables), just because you're eager to see them doesnt mean its a bad thing.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Something is DEFINITELY UP. No doubt about it. I highly doubt this shit is that hard to find. I feel like the Armiger would be easy to get once you get all 13 royal arms (like a quest prompt starts after you get them all).

No way they make you randomly scour the entire map to try and find it, that is pure masochism. Same with the Talcott/Regalia stuff, Cor scenes and (maybe) the Luna stuff.

It'd be shitty but I'm absolutely praying for another patch tn. It's better than this atm.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016

it adds replayability

also compared to other FFs, FFXV lacks these hard to find events/items (let alone other titles with huge amount of missables), just because you're eager to see them doesnt mean its a bad thing.
I'd agree if it was like random optional items or datalog stuff only (monuments, etc), but I can't see certain story events and gameplay elements being so obscure to find.

I totally get where you are coming from though

Wena Washo

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 30, 2017

it adds replayability

Yeah, no, sorry, as nice as a spin you can put on it, you won't be able to convince me of that. As someone who already beat the game, I don't think I should have to replay chapter 14 (or any other chapter) two! more times in order to see additional story content, specially when storytelling is the number one thing the game has been criticized for.

If story and storytelling were solid in the base game (like they were in most of the previous FF games), then sure, no problem with adding hard to find events.
But when the game's number one criticism has been it's lackluster story and storytelling, and if the developers are really interested in improving said aspect of the game, then scenes like these (as in, scenes with characters who were barely present in the game/suddenly disappeared from the plot/fans have been asking more content for) should NOT be this complicated to find.