FF15 Royal Pack Content - Discussion Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Feb 19, 2018
All in all now that it's all been deciphered and untangled I'm pretty satisfied with this DLC. Sure it could've had some better parts but overall it's a pretty good package imo. Also as a side note I will fight every last Square employee if they come out with a launch trailer tomorrow spoiling every single aspect we just spent hours and weeks trying to learn about.

Solid Sora

Red Wings Commander
Feb 11, 2015
Egypt
I see people complaining online that the wall contradicts with Ardyn's motives, since he wants Noctis to come to him, and I think they're missing the point. Ardyn knows that Noctis will be able to destroy the wall since he has five of the six on his side. He just wants to humiliate Noctis and get on his nerves by forcing him to destroy the wall his father spent his life raising. It's a dick move that's totally in character for Ardyn and I love it.

Feb 19, 2018
Maybe it's the groundwork for something relating to the next DLCs? The bros all got new stuff in the main game after you played theirs, so maybe summonable/playable Luna is coming after one of those.
I could see them using Luna to improve the summoning system somehow. I don't know how but her summoning all 5 Astrals felt like a bit of a tease to me. Maybe post game you can have a tech skill for summoning Luna and she arrives with whatever Astral/summon you equip her with? Just brainstorming here but that would be an awesome use of Luna gameplay wise imo.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I see people complaining online that the wall contradicts with Ardyn's motives, since he wants Noctis to come to him, and I think they're missing the point. Ardyn knows that Noctis will be able to destroy the wall since he has five of the six on his side. He just wants to humiliate Noctis and get on his nerves by forcing him to destroy the wall his father spent his life raising. It's a dick move that's totally in character for Ardyn and I love it.
yeah its clear he wants to make noctis feel stressful as possible throwing obstacles and bosses at him.

noakai

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Mar 5, 2018
I could see them using Luna to improve the summoning system somehow. I don't know how but her summoning all 5 Astrals felt like a bit of a tease to me. Maybe post game you can have a tech skill for summoning Luna and she arrives with whatever Astral/summon you equip her with? Just brainstorming here but that would be an awesome use of Luna gameplay wise imo.
I could see it. The fact that she seems to have healing spells is what kinda makes me think she's a summon since there's no healing spells in the game and having a healing summon is usually something they do when that happens. So maybe you can summon her and switch to her and play as her until the end of the battle or your time runs out and during that time you can summon an Astral? And you can actually pick which one instead of having to meet conditions. That would be kinda cool.

Feb 19, 2018
Honestly most of the criticism thrown against FFXV isn't all that well thought out. Not that the game is above criticizing cuz it is faaaaaar from perfect but people always love to criticize stuff even it does make sense or have a valid reasoning behind it. Ardyn's motives aren't inconsistent at all with his actions in this DLC but just because one guy said it 20 others will jump on the bandwagon without thinking twice about it and 20 more will do the same and so on and so forth. It's whatever at this point.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I could see it. The fact that she seems to have healing spells is what kinda makes me think she's a summon since there's no healing spells in the game and having a healing summon is usually something they do when that happens. So maybe you can summon her and switch to her and play as her until the end of the battle or your time runs out and during that time you can summon an Astral? And you can actually pick which one instead of having to meet conditions. That would be kinda cool.
it mirrors the prophecy mural with the oracle supporting the main cast from "above"

Feb 19, 2018
Yeah I like the sound of that. She could be a support summon. They could make it so that you can summon Luna as a tech for Noctis on the wheel whenever there isn't a guest party member taking up the 4th slot and once she arrives she just floats over the battlefield giving you healing and counters to various ailments like Frog or Poison and Noct's tech gets replaced with one for Luna which allows you to summon whichever Astral you have equipped on Luna at the cost of ending Luna's support in favor of a big offense then the tech bar reverts back to being Noct's summon for Luna.

Last edited:

noakai

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Mar 5, 2018
Honestly most of the criticism thrown against FFXV isn't all that well thought out. Not that the game is above criticizing cuz it is faaaaaar from perfect but people always love to criticize stuff even it does make sense or have a valid reasoning behind it. Ardyn's motives aren't inconsistent at all with his actions in this DLC but just because one guy said it 20 others will jump on the bandwagon without thinking twice about it and 20 more will do the same and so on and so forth. It's whatever at this point.
I honestly noticed a lot of people kinda have a hard time with the idea that Ardyn is invested in emotional torture and that's why he does half the stuff he does. Like, what he does with Ignis and Prompto is mostly unnecessary to his plan to die. Same with what he does to Noct. In fact a lot of the time it does kinda seem like it's holding up his plan. But Ardyn doesn't just want to die, he wants to get revenge on the families of people he feels wronged him before he gets peace. Which means killing Luna and Ravus and emotionally torturing Noct in any way possible. He knows Noct is gonna finish the job because Noct was already declared the Chosen King that will bring the dawn so he can sit back and screw with him as much as possible before Noct does. In my opinion anyway.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
To add to this, Ardyn further insults him and the Old Wall by infecting 3 of the kings with the Starscourge and forcing them to fight him. Definitely all a means to piss Noct off more before the final fight.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I honestly noticed a lot of people kinda have a hard time with the idea that Ardyn is invested in emotional torture and that's why he does half the stuff he does. Like, what he does with Ignis and Prompto is mostly unnecessary to his plan to die. Same with what he does to Noct. In fact a lot of the time it does kinda seem like it's holding up his plan. But Ardyn doesn't just want to die, he wants to get revenge on the families of people he feels wronged him before he gets peace. Which means killing Luna and Ravus and emotionally torturing Noct in any way possible. He knows Noct is gonna finish the job because Noct was already declared the Chosen King that will bring the dawn so he can sit back and screw with him as much as possible before Noct does. In my opinion anyway.
He's also trying to completely go against the prophecy of the Cosmogony. He waited 2000 years to fight the Chosen King and kill him at full power. This is why Ardyn leads you to Titan, then to Luna, then to the Crystal, all to obtain power. He wants to make sure Noct has everything (the power of the six, the royal arms, and the ring) before tearing it all down.

I fucking love Ardyn as a result.

Feb 19, 2018
To add to this, Ardyn further insults him and the Old Wall by infecting 3 of the kings with the Starscourge and forcing them to fight him. Definitely all a means to piss Noct off more before the final fight.
Yeah I just don't get how people still can't grasp the showmanship aspect of Ardyn's character. He doesn't just want to end the line of Lucis he wants its demise be the most grandiose spectacle in all of Lucis' history. The tale of how he brought down all those who wronged him and came out the victor against all odds.

noakai

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Mar 5, 2018
He's also trying to completely go against the prophecy of the Cosmogony. He waited 2000 years to fight the Chosen King and kill him at full power. This is why Ardyn leads you to Titan, then to Luna, then to the Crystal, all to obtain power. He wants to make sure Noct has everything (the power of the six, the royal arms, and the ring) before tearing it all down.

I fucking love Ardyn as a result.
Yep. Ardyn basically wins no matter what: he either gets peace or he tears down the entire system that doomed him to suffering for thousands of years when it's at its height. And he wants to inflict maximum suffering/insult before the end regardless so that either he still got his revenge even if he dies (and him dying still technically gets him something he wanted) or he really, truly did the most damage before he finally "won" and killed the Lucis line and gave a giant middle finger to the Astrals and the Crystal. Ardyn gets something he wants either way.