FFXIII Trilogy Coming to Steam?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
Really hope they include Japanese Audio... (NA region) It's checked on the side, but not mentioned in the description. :/

Well, it'll be in one way or another given that its on PC now.

Nov 29, 2013
Well, whatever. I'm on my third playthrough on PS3, so I'm not particularly eager to play the Steam version.

Plus, Steam can't give me a platinum trophy.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
I'm exciting due to the modding community.

Hopefully there is one to add content to it and mark up its visuals.

Joshua

Sphere Hunter
Oct 7, 2013
California
I hope the effort to put this on PC was not too significant of a draw on Toriyama's time and that he is still well underway with his next project.

ConceptX

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 1, 2014
United Kingdom
Currently #1 on Steam within an hour, on a pre-release of whats some call "the worst FF" , if this doesn't send a BIG message to Square Enix about the PC market, then nothing will.

I look forward to hearing about XV PC.

Indeed. I will never willingly pay any more money for this game, but it's encouraging to see so many people who are. If FFXII IZJS ever appears on Steam, I can die a happy woman. And FFXV, but I would need to invest in something substantially more powerful than the potato I have.

Though having said that, FFXIII's assets at 1080p, and moving at a buttery 60fps sounds great. But FFXV on PC at 1080p and 60fps even better, and with the action combat system, it's a game that needs it.

EDIT: On the other hand, the thought of Toriyama's ego expanding from this late new sales success has me throwing up in my mouth a little.

Last edited:

Kaii

PSICOM Soldier
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Aug 19, 2014
San Diego
Yeah. Hopefully this does mean games like FFXV, FFXVI and KH3 on PC. I can see myself one day going PC and abandoning consoles. It's going to be inevitable.
Agreed. Has anyone else noticed that Square-Enix digital downloads are having crazy sales all the time? I love that they're part of the competitive price-lowering. Even if I already own them for whatever console, I can just wait until they drop to like $5 and then I can play them leisurely on my laptop on a space train to the moon, or whatever I'm doing that day.

Mistwalker

SOLDIER Second Class
Sep 20, 2014
Santiago de Chile
www.youtube.com
I was wondering, do you think there's a chance the whole trilogy will come to eight gen consoles?
I don't know, I just ended watching Lighting Returns ending on YouTube (I have the game and I've tried thrice, but I can't get myself to finish it... One of the few FFs to have that effect on me, sadly) and I was thinking it would be nice to have the chance to play it on current-gen consoles, some like a "Final Fantasy XIII: Lightining Saga" or something.

They are not my fav games on the franchise (though I admittedly love XIII-2), but even so. Do you think there is a chance?

Alleo

Yevonite
Nov 25, 2013
I am quite happy that they come to Steam. =) But since Dragon Age Inquisition will be out in November I am going to wait till next year to buy them. :) I dont think that they will come out to PS4 in the near future. Maybe if Sony (?) manage this Cloud thing were you could play old PS3 Games on the PS4. On the other hand it would be kinda funny to see the reactions of the various forums if something like that really happens :p

:lightning:

UNKLE

Red Wings Commander
Oct 26, 2013
But the pc version will be the x360-version with native fullhd so the ps3 textures are still better.

Leonhart

PSICOM Soldier
They are releasing this just because they needed to port FFXIII to use with the DiveIn streaming service in Japan. They can't stream PS3 or X360 version so they made a PC one. I don't think this indicates that they will bring over all the series to the PC - specially Final Fantasy XV.

They know that piracy is strong in the PC realm and I don't expect to see XV releasing for PC anytime soon.
But is $-E we are talking about... So If XIII trilogy become a huge hit is possible that they think about release more games to the PC.
But don't expect a simultaneous release.

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I am quite happy that they come to Steam. =) But since Dragon Age Inquisition will be out in November I am going to wait till next year to buy them. :) I dont think that they will come out to PS4 in the near future. Maybe if Sony (?) manage this Cloud thing were you could play old PS3 Games on the PS4. On the other hand it would be kinda funny to see the reactions of the various forums if something like that really happens :p

:lightning:
No, they won't come out on PS4, but you can stream FFXIII on PS4/PS3 if you wanted to.

Mistwalker

SOLDIER Second Class
Sep 20, 2014
Santiago de Chile
www.youtube.com
I've been playing XIII again, but this time with Japanese voice over, and the game is so much better. Really.
In my opinion, the English voice over was one of the main reasons some scenes felt so weird and 'narm' on the original release of the game on PS3, but watching the same scenes again with Japanese voicing feels so in the right place, like watching an anime. And even the soundtrack feels better because the original songs and melodies are unaltered from the Japanese version (no Leona Lewis, yay!).

This is just a personal opinion, but re-playing the game on Steam on its original form (in Japanese!) has helped me change my opinion of the game a little. It's quite enjoyable... And I'm surprised o.o