FFXV 2019 DLC Content Speculation Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Luna is likely not an alternate thing as well. We have no idea how all of this is gonna go. He'll, maybe even Nocts is mostly canon
Yeah, I know that possibility in regards to Lunafreya's Episode, but even if is the case, it would be hard to slot into my replay due to it's synopsis, and Noctis' Episode might not be canon, depending on how things go.

Borzas2010

Balamb Garden Freshman
Oct 1, 2016
Luna is likely not an alternate thing as well. We have no idea how all of this is gonna go. He'll, maybe even Nocts is mostly canon
Luna probably not an alternate thing, just explain more LUNA, but noctis? probably yes, I really bet etro will be the final boss, really a "what if" story he stay away from astrals, he never use the ring, so he not need to die, he not kill arden, just defeat him, or weaken it, but he kill etro, and destroy the crystal. And a new world is coming.. Probably Episode ignis confirmed Etro existence in FFXv with the "Unknown Voice Female" Sounded like a fal'Cie goddess,
1 they used Luna voice, probably they didn't wanted to find other woman for that,
2 or just an "unknown" astral.. but that would be say against the game because the game say only have 6 astrals very strange if anybody look the picture at the end of duscae demo you can clearly see diablos, and siren too, and ultros and there are more, where are they? Square enix really downgraded the game eh?
3 in 2013 versusXIII story would be that that etro gived the ring to the lucii family right? maybe tabata didn't really droped out the idea.... maybe that's why you can find the picture in the royaledition, even in the music directory, there are files like bgm_epi_luna.win.mab, bgm_epi_ardyn2.win.mab I think this two files already confirmed the two DLC.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
I'm thinking that it won't be some brand new party that Noctis fights but instead we may go through a gauntlet where we fight all the Astrals or something. We've already seen just how much the Astrals like to make Noct's life miserable when he's trying to work with them, I'm betting they'll be straight up furious once he actually turns against them and rescues Ardyn. That being said my biggest hope is getting a more crazy and extensive Ardyn fight, I want to some Aranea style air fighting, I want Ardyn tossing out all sorts of crazy moves you have to counter and dodge, I just want something grand and crazy out of him that puts him on par with fighting Ifrit and the Kings of Yore.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
if they made the crystal evil then the original ending would be ruined, basically.

it would retroactively change the entire perception of it

its just useless to mess with this

all this build-up to another ending accomplishes nothing really, its filler.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
if they made the crystal evil then the original ending would be ruined, basically.

I don't think this is entirely true. Ardyn was the main problem in the story of FFXV, that much is true. This problem was solved by the end of it. But Ardyn himself is the only person that should know the true nature of the crystal.

By it's command (it's said that it actually tells him to do it), he saved the world from the Starscourge. Then, by it's command, it betrays him for doing so. Ardyn rid the world of the scourge by doing the one he thought was possible, and he was punished for it. That right there makes the crystal not all good. It is directly written into the lore.

I'm not saying it's evil either, but I personally believe it is a problem for the world, and have always believed that since watching the ending for the first time.

This also begs the question as to who gave the Lucian line the crystal in the first place? Was it Bahamut? Was it Chaos if he/it exists? Was it Etro if she still does? Regardless of who it is, if the crystal is only a vessel by which bad things can happen and it has a will, then the person who provided it is also not all good either.

We will be facing something worse than Ardyn in Nocts DLC, that much I'm sure is certain, otherwise, what would we be saving Ardyn from?

I really don't think that destroys the canon, I just think it goes to the root of the problem.

It's like pulling weeds out of your lawn but not actually doing a thorough cleanup of the roots under the ground. The problem still exists, even though in FFXV's current ending, that wouldn't be readily apparent.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
I don't think this is entirely true. Ardyn was the main problem in the story of FFXV, that much is true. This problem was solved by the end of it. But Ardyn himself is the only person that should know the true nature of the crystal.

By it's command (it's said that it actually tells him to do it), he saved the world from the Starscourge. Then, by it's command, it betrays him for doing so. Ardyn rid the world of the scourge by doing the one he thought was possible, and he was punished for it. That right there makes the crystal not all good. It is directly written into the lore.
[Citation needed]

Seriously, where in the world does the game say that the Crystal told Ardyn to turn himself into a walking, talking infestation? It doesn't. Just because the Crystal wanted Ardyn to save the world from the Scourge doesn't necessarily mean that Ardyn actually chose to listen to what he was commanded to do. It's far more likely that the Crystal wanted Ardyn to sacrifice himself and he noped out of that solution.

I'm not saying it's evil either, but I personally believe it is a problem for the world, and have always believed that since watching the ending for the first time.
That's coming from your own previous experience, then, not anything in the game.

This also begs the question as to who gave the Lucian line the crystal in the first place? Was it Bahamut? Was it Chaos if he/it exists? Was it Etro if she still does? Regardless of who it is, if the crystal is only a vessel by which bad things can happen and it has a will, then the person who provided it is also not all good either.
It was Bahamut, yes. That is known.

We will be facing something worse than Ardyn in Nocts DLC, that much I'm sure is certain, otherwise, what would we be saving Ardyn from?
The Starscourge is the obvious answer.

I really don't think that destroys the canon, I just think it goes to the root of the problem.

It's like pulling weeds out of your lawn but not actually doing a thorough cleanup of the roots under the ground. The problem still exists, even though in FFXV's current ending, that wouldn't be readily apparent.
The problem is that the original ending was intended to be the thorough cleanup of the roots under the ground. That's why adding another problem behind the problem would destroy the canon.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
As for Ardyn absorbing the Starscourge, as this point in time, we do not know for certain whether it was due to:

1. him being ordered to do so,
2. he chose to do it himself because he thought it was the best way and did not know what was going to happen, or
3. he was ordered not to do it, but did it anyway (and perhaps he still didn't know the consequences)

The game has dropped new information down the line, so I think it's safe to say that this question will be answered in Ardyn's episode.

I think it's pivotal to his character, and ultimately, the story, which one out of the three options it turns out to be.

It's the difference between him being a truly tragic character who was wronged from the very beginning and deserves our sympathy, and a spiteful person who had no one to blame but himself for being disobedient (I still think his treatment was harsh though).

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
[Citation needed]

Seriously, where in the world does the game say that the Crystal told Ardyn to turn himself into a walking, talking infestation? It doesn't. Just because the Crystal wanted Ardyn to save the world from the Scourge doesn't necessarily mean that Ardyn actually chose to listen to what he was commanded to do. It's far more likely that the Crystal wanted Ardyn to sacrifice himself and he noped out of that solution.

That's coming from your own previous experience, then, not anything in the game.

It was Bahamut, yes. That is known.

The Starscourge is the obvious answer.

The problem is that the original ending was intended to be the thorough cleanup of the roots under the ground. That's why adding another problem behind the problem would destroy the canon.

Where in the world in my post did I say anything about the Crystal telling Ardyn to absorb the scourge? The Crystal DID tell him to save the world. Ardyn absorbed it because he didn't know any other way to get rid of it.

And it's fairly obvious that he had no other choice but to absorb it. Ardyn singlehandedly destroys the world while Noctis is asleep. And at the end, the man is telling Noctis that the Lucian line is practically being puppeteered into doing what it wants. Ardyn was a sacrificial lamb, and that is what he is angry about

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
so the tentative title, Sage is most likely referring to Ardyn right? i think they'll really play out with the jesus imagery a lot.

im so excited for his dlc, but knowing it'll only come out in 2019 is just, ugh
Yeah, Ardyn's Episode is going to take a while to come out, same with Aranea's Episode, and I'm looking forward to Ardyn and Aranea's Episodes the most out of the four, and those two are the ones I want the most. The Season 1 Episodes were a mixed bag for me; Episode: Gladiolus didn't add much to the story, despite fun, yet, clunky game-play, and failed to make me like him, Episode: Prompto, despite having an interesting story, the game-play felt weird, and the final boss was on-rails, but Episode: Ignis was the best of the three, in terms of game-play and story, and I'm looking forward to what Ardyn and Aranea's Episodes have in-store.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
As for Ardyn absorbing the Starscourge, as this point in time, we do not know for certain whether it was due to:

1. him being ordered to do so,
2. he chose to do it himself because he thought it was the best way and did not know what was going to happen, or
3. he was ordered not to do it, but did it anyway (and perhaps he still didn't know the consequences)

The game has dropped new information down the line, so I think it's safe to say that this question will be answered in Ardyn's episode.

I think it's pivotal to his character, and ultimately, the story, which one out of the three options it turns out to be.

It's the difference between him being a truly tragic character who was wronged from the very beginning and deserves our sympathy, and a spiteful person who had no one to blame but himself for being disobedient (I still think his treatment was harsh though).
Exactly. The one caveat I'd add is that the sympathy the Royal Edition granted The Mystic practically rules out option 1, because The Mystic would need to be a right jerk to try to have Ardyn executed for something he was ordered to do in the first place. =P

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Copying and pasting from General News Thread.:

What I mainly want from free updates are bug fixes, perhaps a Hard Mode, more weapons if possible, and more lore on Solheim, but that's debate-table, even though there's plenty of it so far. Most of my main priorities for the story of this game on the gaps I wanted filled and delved into were filled/are being filled through Updates/DLCs so far, with a following list.:

Ifrit's Betrayal (Chapter 12 1.16 Update.)

Solheim (Glimpse of Solheim in Chapter 12, and Royal Pack DLC added Omega, a Magitek Armor made by Solheim, as well as adding more lore about Solheim for the Data-Log.)

Revamped Final Battle/Revamped Chapter 14 (Royal Pack DLC.)

Chapter 9's Altissia Invasion (Episode: Ignis.)

World of Ruin (Comrades)

Seeing more of Ravus (Chapter 13 Verse Two and Episode: Ignis.)

Ardyn's Past 2,000 Years Ago (Episode: Ardyn.)

The Fall of The Niflheim Empire (Episode: Aranea.)

Seeing More Of Aranea (Episode: Aranea.)

I know I said the second half was where the game's story fell apart for me, but thanks to the additions they've added in regards to the subjects I have put up above, which I see as vital to the story, I'm going to say that the story may end up being complete for me depending on how Ardyn and Aranea's Episodes go, even if we don't get an expanded Cartanica, which I am sad about, but I am willing to see past it as long as Ardyn and Aranea's Episodes are great or decent, and it's been a long road for FFXV, and I am looking forward to it's conclusion.

Last edited:

Borzas2010

Balamb Garden Freshman
Oct 1, 2016

If the dlc would come with another Arden fight, a mutant super hyper strong arden fight it would be massive disappointment, lack of creative ideas etc..

"All of these episodes are being directed by Takefumi Terada (who directed the Episode Ignis DLC), and the last one will also feature an "alternate ending" to the storyline."

alternate ending.. this is confirm, the dlc is a "what if" story, so it would not "ruin" the original ending in any way. Its just a what if story, for those who hated the original one, If turn out we need to destroy the crystal and kill a goddess or bahamut then basically confirm that the original story bahamut played out everyone and he is "evil" and the only one who knows everything is Arden. Well I'm very sure its a hyper super happy ending, when everybody is alive and well, even Arden, he will ate cakes at insomnia palace.

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Copying and pasting from General News Thread.:

What I mainly want from free updates are bug fixes, perhaps a Hard Mode, more weapons if possible, and more lore on Solheim, but that's debate-table, even though there's plenty of it so far. Most of my main priorities for the story of this game on the gaps I wanted filled and delved into were filled/are being filled through Updates/DLCs so far, with a following list.:

Ifrit's Betrayal (Chapter 12 1.16 Update.)

Solheim (Glimpse of Solheim in Chapter 12, and Royal Pack DLC added Omega, a Magitek Armor made by Solheim, as well as adding more lore about Solheim for the Data-Log.)

Revamped Final Battle/Revamped Chapter 14 (Royal Pack DLC.)

Chapter 9's Altissia Invasion (Episode: Ignis.)

World of Ruin (Comrades)

Seeing more of Ravus (Chapter 13 Verse Two and Episode: Ignis.)

Ardyn's Past 2,000 Years Ago (Episode: Ardyn.)

The Fall of The Niflheim Empire (Episode: Aranea.)

Seeing More Of Aranea (Episode: Aranea.)

I know I said the second half was where the game's story fell apart for me, but thanks to the additions they've added in regards to the subjects I have put up above, which I see as vital to the story, I'm going to say that the story may end up being complete for me depending on how Ardyn and Aranea's Episodes go, even if we don't get an expanded Cartanica, which I am sad about, but I am willing to see past it as long as Ardyn and Aranea's Episodes are great or decent, and it's been a long road for FFXV, and I am looking forward to it's conclusion.
they added a lot of content indeed, just my playtime with og version (no dlcs) + comrades is around 400h.

still i think the state of the whole project isnt ideal as a fan.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
they added a lot of content indeed, just my playtime with og version (no dlcs) + comrades is around 400h.

still i think the state of the whole project isnt ideal as a fan.
Yeah, I get what you're saying, I was just saying my opinion about it, and how I feel about the state of the game now, but I understand what you're saying, I'm not asking you to share my state of it, you have the right to feel the way you do. The state of the game, story-wise, feels a whole lot better than it was at launch for me.

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I do wonder who the final bosses for the four DLCs could be, Ardyn's final boss could be Somnus, as for the others, I have no idea.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
The Crystal DID tell him to save the world. Ardyn absorbed it because he didn't know any other way to get rid of it.

And it's fairly obvious that he had no other choice but to absorb it.
We are uncertain of this.

My post above explains why.

There has been no dialogue, or text or any nature, that specifically state what you’re saying.

Ardyn’s episode alone will yield the answer at this point.

Exactly. The one caveat I'd add is that the sympathy the Royal Edition granted The Mystic practically rules out option 1, because The Mystic would need to be a right jerk to try to have Ardyn executed for something he was ordered to do in the first place. =P
Jerk characters in FFXV exist so I wouldn’t rule it out entirely.

It’s not uncommon for family members to betray one another to get their hands on the Crown.

alternate ending.. this is confirm, the dlc is a "what if" story, so it would not "ruin" the original ending in any way. Its just a what if story, for those who hated the original one, If turn out we need to destroy the crystal and kill a goddess or bahamut then basically confirm that the original story bahamut played out everyone and he is "evil" and the only one who knows everything is Arden. Well I'm very sure its a hyper super happy ending, when everybody is alive and well, even Arden, he will ate cakes at insomnia palace.
The argument thus far is focal attention on an alternative ending or material, at all, is entirely unnecessary.

The best way to put it into perspective is with this simple question:

Would you rather alternative focused DLC?

Or DLC that adds in Cartanica, Tenebrae, expanded Altissia, more cutscenes, greatly improved chapters 1-14, more Regis, Cor, and other characters as part of the main story, etc. In other words, material that improves the core game by integrating it in that.

Take your pick.

You’d be daft to choose alternative over the second option if I’m to be openly honest.

Another point of contention is that, the original ending and its impact would be greatly diminished since people will be claiming “this happier ending is waaaay better. I hate how sad the original one is. This is canon now. Ugh the original ending sucked.”

I’ve seen a lot of people say this.

Square are making light of the theme of sacrifice and the greatness of the original ending by their own hand.

That is the true tragedy.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
We are uncertain of this.

My post above explains why.

Jerk characters in FFXV exist so I wouldn’t rule it out entirely.

It’s not uncommon for family members to betray one another to get their hands on the Crown.

The argument thus far is focal attention on an alternative ending or material, at all, is entirely unnecessary.

The best way to put it into perspective is with this simple question:

Would you rather alternative focused DLC?

Or DLC that adds in Cartanica, Tenebrae, expanded Altissia, more cutscenes, greatly improved chapters 1-14, more Regis, Cor, and other characters as part of the main story, etc. In other words, material that improves the core game by integrating it in that.

Take your pick.

You’d be daft to choose alternative over the second option if I’m to be openly honest.

Another point of contention is that, the original ending and its impact would be greatly diminished since people will be claiming “this happier ending is waaaay better. I hate how sad the original one is. This is canon now. Ugh the original ending sucked.”

I’ve seen a lot of people say this.

Square are making light of the theme of sacrifice and the greatness of the original ending by their own hand.

That is the true tragedy.
correct, i want to play the real deal not a fanfic

the problem is from all the options they could pick they chose the most unappealing, when fans were clamoring for dozens of other things and its even more baffling considering how much potential the game still has to be explored.