FFXV 2019 DLC Content Speculation Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Feb 19, 2018
Bahamut calls the power of Providence that Noctis receives "the sole means to ending the immortal Accursed. A power greater than even that of the Six, purifying all by the Light of the Crystal and the glaives of rulers past."

That seems like more than just heavy implication. *shrugs*
Plus the bit in Episode Ignis where Ignis is given the vision of Noctis becoming stronger than the Astrals happens before Iggy's choice meaning that's another canon instance of that fact being stated as Verse 2 isn't initiated yet at that point.

Feb 19, 2018
So something interesting I noted about the promotional image for the new batch of DLC, it's still using young Noctis instead of adult Noctis. I wonder if that's just because they couldn't be bothered to get an artist to draw up older Noct or if it's because this DLC will take place before Noctis has a chance to grow older?

Prompto

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Mar 29, 2018
So something interesting I noted about the promotional image for the new batch of DLC, it's still using young Noctis instead of adult Noctis. I wonder if that's just because they couldn't be bothered to get an artist to draw up older Noct or if it's because this DLC will take place before Noctis has a chance to grow older?
Do you mean the artwork set at cape Caem with Ardyn or the render? Because they definitely have a render of old noct since they used it in parts for the royal edition artwork, the kids in the cape caem art are supposed to be noct and lunas children (who I’m betting are going to be called Solis and Aurora)

Feb 19, 2018
Do you mean the artwork set at cape Caem with Ardyn or the render? Because they definitely have a render of old noct since they used it in parts for the royal edition artwork, the kids in the cape caem art are supposed to be noct and lunas children (who I’m betting are going to be called Solis and Aurora)
I'm referring to that high res render that each of the characters has of their faces. If what you say is true and Noct does indeed have one as King Noctis then I think that's a good clue as to which Noct we'll be playing as in his Episode.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland

this video is from december, but its incredible how much of this makes sense after the announcement of the dlcs, clever analysis

it confirmed Ep Luna dlc premise before it got revealed, sadly this also cements even further the idea that her dlc might be totally non-canon

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018

this video is from december, but its incredible how much of this makes sense after the announcement of the dlcs, clever analysis
There's just one glaring problem with this theory right off the bat though. Luna is still alive or at least partly alive and healing Noctis while Pryna bestows the vision upon Ignis. It's also Bahamut's voice that relays the prophecy to Ignis probably since he's the only one immediately available to save Noct and by extension the prophecy at that point. So basically a call to action from Bahamut is how I interpreted it who was probably pissing himself at that point what with Ardyn lingering about and both Luna and Regis being dead. Ignis receiving the vision was most likely Bahamut's way of saying "yo this is more important than you think so get to it." Anyways Luna and Noct were probably still sharing their dream chat in purgatory up until the point she transcended physical form in Ravus' arms (which is when her healing glow on Noctis ends). So she couldn't really have been responsible for initiating Verse 2 since she wasn't in spirit form yet when Iggy got the vision. Maybe she does something after that though that explains Noctis living in that timeline but the start of that timeline was definitely all Iggy and his defiant will to see his friend live.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
There's just one glaring problem with this theory right off the bat though. Luna is still alive or at least partly alive and healing Noctis while Pryna bestows the vision upon Ignis. It's also Bahamut's voice that relays the prophecy to Ignis probably since he's the only one immediately available to save Noct and by extension the prophecy at that point. So basically a call to action from Bahamut is how I interpreted it who was probably pissing himself at that point what with Ardyn lingering about and both Luna and Regis being dead. Ignis receiving the vision was most likely Bahamut's way of saying "yo this is more important than you think so get to it." Anyways Luna and Noct were probably still sharing their dream chat in purgatory up until the point she transcended physical form in Ravus' arms (which is when her healing glow on Noctis ends). So she couldn't really have been responsible for initiating Verse 2 since she wasn't in spirit form yet when Iggy got the vision. Maybe she does something after that though that explains Noctis living in that timeline but the start of that timeline was definitely all Iggy and his defiant will to see his friend live.
he does specify thats bahamut voice tho (3:43) and that is different than the mysterious voice, basically hes saying that after you enter the alternate route its all luna guiding ignis to find a way to save noctis, and that is done by replacing the need of the Providence

Feb 19, 2018
he does specify thats bahamut voice tho (3:43) and that is different than the mysterious voice, basically hes saying that after you enter the alternate route its all luna guiding ignis to find a way to save noctis, and that is done by replacing the need of the Providence
Ah my mistake, I should have watched instead of assuming based on the thumbnail. Anyways yeah I thought it was a given that it was Luna guiding Ignis since her voice actor was even listed for the "Mysterious Voice" in the credits. Either way the more in depth look at Luna's involvement beyond her just narrating should be interesting to see. I'm wondering if she'll have a Verse 1 and Verse 2 as well with one leading to the current Royal Edition stuff and the other leading to to Verse 2. Would be kind of ironic that the episode titled "The Choice of Freedom" ends up not giving you any choice or freedom as to how you want to play it. lol