FFXV details equipment, lodgings, cooking, and chocobos + screenshots

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I can't stress enough how much I appreciate your efforts, Leon. Thank you!
I can!

Leon, we appreciate you thiiiis much!

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Here are some more translations for you all! This first one is showing Ignis learning a new recipe.

Here we can see that the party must have killed a Dual Horn to get some of its meat as a drop. From this, we see that Ignis has learned a new recipe called Spicy Bone-in Ribeye Steak which sounds delicious. There are a list of ingredients which include Dual Horn Meat and Pepper, and also the effects that this food will give.

I deliberated over what the word for "リードペッパー" was, ultimately I don't know what "リード" is supposed to be. It could be a name brand for paper towels and these could be paper towels... but I really don't think you make food with paper towels. However, you might use them to soak up the grease, but it's weird to be an ingredient. I also considered it being Red Pepper, as red peppers are spicy, so it would make sense to use them. However, 9 red peppers is going to make something unbearably hot... so really it's hard to say. It's possible it's just a name that's only native to this region. Thank you to @r_kane1, @Kume856, @kero_0206 and @MoogleKupoCake on Twitter for their assistance. If anyone has any idea of what this could be, let me know. If I come up with something better, I'll be sure to update this section.

Next up is the menu selection screen, this takes place right after the camping window when you decide to rest. I posted the camping section earlier if you want to take a look, it's nothing special though, this is just when you decide to camp for the night.

There are a couple of choices here, including the toast you can make when you have no ingredients, and even pizza! In this case, they are deciding to eat the Spicy Bone-in Ribeye Steak that Ignis learned earlier. It's made with Dual Horn Meat x1 and Pepper x9. We can see foods will have different types of buffs, from what it looks like, a maximum of three buff types perhaps based on the UI itself. We have Attack Power Plus Lvl.5 and HP Plus Lvl.4 buffs for this steak. The attack gives us +50 attack power and the HP a total of +200 to our maximum HP. We also can see here a little sprite of Prompto with a heart. This might mean that Prompto really loves this particular dish, and might get an extra boost from eating it!

Time to relax around the campfire and enjoy some delicious steaks. The food in this game is incredible looking, this is the only image from the food I will include, as it's the only food with text on it. The only difference here is the name of the actual campsite, which I translated to Blackium Haven mainly because it sounded amusing. The Haven this time I was able to translate from the official translations came out from Episode Duscae. I remember my original translation of this word back when the FFXV thread was still fairly new... those were the good old days.

That's not the only place you can eat though, you can also get something to eat out in the world.

Here we are back at Gardena trying out the Gardena Gratin which seems to be an oyster gratin. I'm not really a sea food type of guy, but it still looks really nice. Here we can see the return of the Fresh buff we saw in Episode Duscae with an overall stat boost as well as a 10% bonus to your EXP gain much like how it was in the demo. We also can see a HP Plus Lvl.10 this time which gives us a huge +500 to our max HP!

The way you eat comes from talking to people at diners and restaurants where you can also get information. I would include the image, but there's only one thing to translate, so I didn't bother including it. If you look through the screenshots posted in the first post, you can see what the window looks like.

Making another post soon for our other buddies! :happyboko:

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Let's take a look at our find feathered friends, the Chocobos! :chocowalk:

There are places in the world where you can stop to rent a Chocobo like this machine here.

We've known in the past that we can rent Chocobos, now we can see just how this process comes about. It all starts with the Chocobo Rental Machine which is used to get the Chocobo Whistle to summon your rented Chocobo wherever you are. In this case, 4 days of rental is only 200 gil, not too bad!

One of the many Chocobo pictures included, I picked this one because Noctis has a creepy ass face in it. You can see the Chocobo rental time next to the mini map. Also, you can see where the car is located on the mini map as well. In the lower left you can see the Chocobo is Lvl.1 and has its own ST gague (stamina) as well as the controls.

You can feed your Chocobo as well at the campsite, I decided to include this in the Chocobo section instead, but this is from back at Blackium Haven. Ignis is thinking really hard about those 99 Gysahl Greens he's ready to feed the Chocobo. Chocobos can level up too, and the different food you give them will likely influence stats they get just like the rest of your party.

I believe that's all of the pictures that need to be translated. Thank you for all the kind words from everyone! That is why I continue to spend my time working on these knowing that you guys appreciate them!

If I've missed any, please let me know. :happyboko:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
hmm the chocobos can level too, hope they can do crazy shit with lvl 99.

the food bonus is really good, wonder if the ingredients will drop constantly from enemies.