FFXV discussion thread [No Spoilers]

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
If you're referring to:

Insomnia

Then don't worry too much. You can skip over pretty much all of it but the, I guess you could call it mini-boss before the final stretch and come back when you're stronger.

I only say this because the first enemy you see there is goddamn BRUTAL and there are a few other fun fights in between. But I feel like that area is there for people to fight all that stuff after they've spent a considerable amount of time in the open world. I think it's overtuned on purpose.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
i managed to down the first using a lot of items

but then two fucking nagas wrecked me, advanced a bit some enemies ain't that hard but had almost no items so NOPE

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
i managed to down the first using a lot of items

but then two fucking nagas wrecked me, advanced a bit some enemies ain't that hard but had almost no items so NOPE
I saw how quickly the first one wrecked my overconfident ass and immediately double checked with the internet to make sure I could skip it and come back, lol. Those Nagas ended up being the only fight I actually did in there besides the required story battles. I feel like those random monsters are significantly harder than the final bosses.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Currently in chapter 9 in Altissia right now.

This location may actually be in my top 5 favorites in any FF.
It's a goddamn maze, though, lol. I went to do all the hunts in there all in one sitting and it seriously felt like running a maze and finding a new monster to kill at the end of every corridor. Altissia, one of the best dungeons in the game, lol

It's gorgeous, though. I've found the method of rendering the reflections with post processing to be incredibly distracting, but projecting what that place will look like on a PC, oh man.

Great atmosphere, and lots of stuff to to.

Recommend some 10,000 gil JMV. Just get used to the basics of swapping characters in and out and you can last forever. The prizes are in-freakin-sane.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
https://www.reddit.com/r/FinalFantasy/comments/5ibvvc/you_guysare_the_best_seriously_ray_chase_noct/

AMA with ray chase

- "My favorite voice lines I think have been supplanted by what we recorded for the Holiday DLC - there are some in there that are GOLD. PURE GOLD. Get excited."

- he mentioned more fishing for the holiday dlc

- "Square is really an incredible company in the sense that they have the confidence to show off things they are still working on - the nuts and bolts of the process and are open about mistakes made and listening to fan feedback.

What naturally comes with being open about the process is that things change over time - on anygame project or film - and because Square lets you behind the curtain as it were, you see things that might not be in the final product.

With a game that has two distinct directors and a changing of the guard halfway through, you will inevitably see things shift. This was a PS3 game at the start and part of the FNC series - these are significant changes!

So while many decry that things were not as they imagined from the first trailers, I feel that they are not realizing how fortunate they are to have a peek at the process of game design, that no other film studio or game studio I know of does. I watched every ATR and loved how open TBT was about fan feedback and faults in the gameplay they worked on. You only know what you're missing if you get to see it in the first place.

As far as I know, nothing truly significant that we recorded was cut from the game, however we only record after the Japanese cast records, so we're usually far at the end of the dev cycle. I feel personally there should be more cutscenes during some chapters, for example, Jared's story flew by most people without much context, but I feel Square will be good on their word about filling in the gaps. Here's hoping!"

- "I'll take the opportunity here to reveal that I did voice another character in the game - I played Wiz in Duscae! I don't know who ended up with the part for the game but he did a great job too. :D"

Last edited:

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
As far as I know, nothing truly significant that we recorded was cut from the game, however we only record after the Japanese cast records, so we're usually far at the end of the dev cycle. I feel personally there should be more cutscenes during some chapters, for example, Jared's story flew by most people without much context, but I feel Square will be good on their word about filling in the gaps. Here's hoping!"
...does that mean we can finally put to rest those stupid rumors about serious cuts and/or revisions at the eleventh hour? I wouldn't doubt that there were a few more instances of "Let's play hide and seek with him!" that were altered, but it sounds like the script that the English cast were given was substantially similar to what we ended up getting.

Looking forward to seeing what he's talking about re: the Holiday DLC, though!

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
my god, the fight against
Ifrit

the last chapters are fucking delivering!

a bit of trivia: in the time when we barely had new versus information, i imagined doing aerial combos in the battle with the same entity on the same place, i'm not kidding; the ending is close and i'm shaking.

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Did anyone buy the Final Fantasy XV Complete Official Guide? It has the entire history of Astrals, the nations of Eos, and Nocti's mother's name.
I did!

The history timeline was amazing!

I swear it was such an interesting read and I sincerely hope they will find a way to add it into the game.

Shit was epic i tells ya. The Astral War sounds awesome.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
https://www.reddit.com/r/FinalFantasy/comments/5ibvvc/you_guysare_the_best_seriously_ray_chase_noct/

AMA with ray chase

- "My favorite voice lines I think have been supplanted by what we recorded for the Holiday DLC - there are some in there that are GOLD. PURE GOLD. Get excited."

- he mentioned more fishing for the holiday dlc

- "Square is really an incredible company in the sense that they have the confidence to show off things they are still working on - the nuts and bolts of the process and are open about mistakes made and listening to fan feedback.

What naturally comes with being open about the process is that things change over time - on anygame project or film - and because Square lets you behind the curtain as it were, you see things that might not be in the final product.

With a game that has two distinct directors and a changing of the guard halfway through, you will inevitably see things shift. This was a PS3 game at the start and part of the FNC series - these are significant changes!

So while many decry that things were not as they imagined from the first trailers, I feel that they are not realizing how fortunate they are to have a peek at the process of game design, that no other film studio or game studio I know of does. I watched every ATR and loved how open TBT was about fan feedback and faults in the gameplay they worked on. You only know what you're missing if you get to see it in the first place.

- "I'll take the opportunity here to reveal that I did voice another character in the game - I played Wiz in Duscae! I don't know who ended up with the part for the game but he did a great job too. :D"
He's exactly right I think.

Very few companies are this open abou development and letting people see the behind the curtain.

Ooh glad I bought the season pass. The holiday pack sounds exciting.

I think it's a good thing that Ray also agrees that there should be more cutscenes. Shows that he's objective about the game. With that said, he seems to have faith that square will fill in the gaps which is a good sign.

my god, the fight against
Ifrit

the last chapters are fucking delivering!

a bit of trivia: in the time when we barely had new versus information, i imagined doing aerial combos in the battle with the same entity on the same place, i'm not kidding; the ending is close and i'm shaking.
Yeah the last chapter is epic as fuck.

Glad you're enjoying it ;)

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016
I'm very much looking forward to exploring more of the beautiful Eos with the other guys. I hope each episode will be 5-10 hours of content at least (expecting more).