FFXV discussion thread [No Spoilers]

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
I wish they would tell us when the Season Pass will come in effect. I really want to get it before I go overseas, and since the Holiday period has already started, I would assume the Holiday Pack would be coming out soon. I also wish they would tell us about the Holiday and Booster Packs themselves.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I think the company is in full production mode atm with lots of things going on at the same time for this game.

Holiday pass, cleaning up bugs and glitches, planning the extra story parts for base game, DLC etc etc so it may take them awhile to get organised and announce something I think.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Move over, FFX chocobo races. There's a new king of the omgwtfmotherfuckergaaaaaaa, and it's name is Pitioss Ruins.

What a goddamn experience that was. Wow.

I won't spoil it for anyone, but will say this is the dungeon you need the type F for, and simply landing there is pretty tricky. And it's kind of a litmus test for what's in store. There are no enemies, but it's the hardest dungeon in FF history with a bullet. You can't save. You can't port out (you can walk out, but I'd really recommend doing it in one sitting anyway). Wanna say it took me about 4 and a half to 5 hours blind.

The two level 84 Malboros hanging around outside the area feel like little puppies compared to that place.

Last edited:

Rogue-Tomato

ShinRa SOLDIER
Jan 17, 2016
Worcester, UK
Move over, FFX chocobo races. There's a new king of the omgwtfmotherfuckergaaaaaaa, and it's name is Pitioss Ruins.

What a goddamn experience that was. Wow.

I won't spoil it for anyone, but will say this is the dungeon you need the type F for, and simply landing there is pretty tricky. And it's kind of a litmus test for what's in store. There are no enemies, but it's the hardest dungeon in FF history with a bullet. You can't save. You can't port out (you can walk out, but I'd really recommend doing it in one sitting anyway). Wanna say it took me about 4 and a half to 5 hours blind.

The two level 84 Malboros hanging around outside the area feel like little puppies compared to that place.
I spent 3 hours in that fucking place the first time. Couldn't figure out how to get passed ''the moving wall''. It also took me about half an hour to figure out how to actually get into that room, because of that annoying revolving door.

Second time round took me 4 hours to complete the whole thing. The most annoying part is when it goes all upside down on you.

Great dungeon though. Best in FF history i think.

Oh and those Malboros can go fuck themselves. Thank god for warping. Haha

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
Hahah wow you guys are talking about level 86 Malboros. My biggest enemy rn are level 34 Coeurls. Although I'm level 31, they just keep one-shotting my whole party. It took me 4 Phoenix Downs on myself just to beat them. Seriously though, why is the trap finding quest listed at like level 12 or something when there are level 34 Coeurls just standing around.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
i just finished steyfill grove, it turned out to be one of the best parts of the game at this point for so many reasons.

holy shit

the dungeon was fucking beautiful, but mainly aranea

edit: sunhilegend from neogaf strikes again

What is that? O_O

Rogue-Tomato

ShinRa SOLDIER
Jan 17, 2016
Worcester, UK
Hahah wow you guys are talking about level 86 Malboros. My biggest enemy rn are level 34 Coeurls. Although I'm level 31, they just keep one-shotting my whole party. It took me 4 Phoenix Downs on myself just to beat them. Seriously though, why is the trap finding quest listed at like level 12 or something when there are level 34 Coeurls just standing around.
Nothing stings quite so much like Bad Breath from a level 86 blue Malboro - Especially when there are 2 of them. Oh and i feel your pain about the Coeurls. They're right bastards in this game. Also the Cockatrice - proper annoying.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I spent 3 hours in that fucking place the first time. Couldn't figure out how to get passed ''the moving wall''. It also took me about half an hour to figure out how to actually get into that room, because of that annoying revolving door.

Second time round took me 4 hours to complete the whole thing. The most annoying part is when it goes all upside down on you.

Great dungeon though. Best in FF history i think.

Oh and those Malboros can go fuck themselves. Thank god for warping. Haha
It's one of the best designed dungeons I have literally ever seen. Certainly the most unique and with the best puzzles. Frustrating as all hell, though! Lmao.

I actually really liked the crooked parts. I found the lack of light and uncertainty about your next step to be exhilarating. And I don't think ive ever seen anything quite like it in terms of subverting traditional navigation, if that makes any sense.

The wall was great, too. The atmosphere in general was great, with the blood smeared all over the place, and I was for some reason totally creeped out by that statue of the womsn when it first came into focus during the crooked parts. Sonething about it being so far down and kind of by itself surrounded by oblivion.

And one of the best things about it is it's sheer size. I must have thought to myself, "ok, that must have been the hard part, we're almost there" at least a dozen times, but then it just keep getting deeper and deeper. I camped right outside before I went in to see that as my last rest area. I was in that dungeon for 6 days, lol

I mean, really frustrating, though. It did take a minute to adjust to platforming with controls clearly not intended for it, but in the end, if you can keep a steady thumb, you get used to it.

Last edited:

Rogue-Tomato

ShinRa SOLDIER
Jan 17, 2016
Worcester, UK
It's one of the best designed dungeons I have literally ever seen. Certainly the most unique and with the best puzzles. Frustrating as all hell, though! Lmao.

I actually really liked the crooked parts. I found the lack of light and uncertainty about your next step to be exhilarating. And I don't think ive ever seen anything quite like it in terms of subverting traditional navigation, if that makes any sense.

The wall was great, too. The atmosphere in general was great, with the blood smeared all over the place, and I was for some reason totally creeped out by that statue of the womsn when it first came into focus during the crooked parts. Sonething about it being so far down and kind of by itself surrounded by oblivion.

And one of the best things about it is it's sheer size. I must have thought to myself, "ok, that must have been the hard part, we're almost there" at least a dozen times, but then it just keep getting deeper and deeper. I camped right outside before I went in to see that as my last rest area. I was in that dungeon for 6 days, lol

I mean, really frustrating, though. It did take a minute to adjust to platforming with controls clearly not intended for it, but in the end, if you can keep a steady thumb, you get used to it.
Yeah i thought that too on every section - I thought, well at least this can't get any harder. Oh how wrong I was.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Lol don't feel bad about the Coeurls, for some reason they are more broken than any other monster their level, I was like lvl 43 and still had a pain in the ass time fighting them

Rogue-Tomato

ShinRa SOLDIER
Jan 17, 2016
Worcester, UK
Lol don't feel bad about the Coeurls, for some reason they are more broken than any other monster their level, I was like lvl 43 and still had a pain in the ass time fighting them
You think thats annoying! I went to fight that big Midgar snake thing and i got him down to about half of his health, all was going fine (I'm level 54) until an airship swings by and decided to drop in a level 80 mech that completely obliterates my party.

Dick move. =p

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Lol all these comments are so awesome to read xD

Guess SE did a good job bringing back the difficulty level from the game's of old. Like dying in Mario and they send your ass all the way right back to the very beginning lol

You think thats annoying! I went to fight that big Midgar snake thing and i got him down to about half of his health, all was going fine (I'm level 54) until an airship swings by and decided to drop in a level 80 mech that completely obliterates my party.

Dick move. =p
Those damn Niflheim troops keep dropping in at the worst possible times. Same thing happened to me when I fought the Midgar snake at level 30 something. Killed them all but I used sooo many potions,elixirs, and spammed Ignis' Regroup ability.

Regroup is best ability in the game, done by the best bro too.

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Them Couerls are truly sick, sadistic monsters lol.

Have you tried the hunt where you take on 5 of them at the same time?

Good luck :p

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
man i've got a lot to say about chapter 9 and the transition to chapter 10 (spoilers ahead).

the story presentation is a bit weak overall and i felt this more than before giving the huge event, but if that CG in the end wasn't a hell of a beautiful scene, really.

then the transition was atmospheric, dreamy, the lights on the train, the depressing music playing, you could feel the passage of time, the sense of being in a unknown land after a changing experience.

this gotta be one of my favorites parts of the franchise.

Last edited:

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
As aesthetically beautiful and well directed the Luna FMV was, it felt overplayed and undeserved. There was no impact because Nocts and Luna's relationship was presented as flat and shallow.

Sure I felt
a tad bit sad for Noct but I found the revelation of Ignis losing his sight to alot more heavy and emotional. I would of directed that scene so that Noct, in a fit of rage and concern rushed up to him and demands Ignis to take his glasses of so he can observe the damage in disbelief. Grabs him by the shoulder and hugs him apologising while the waterworks don't stop