FFXV ENG VA leaked

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Had Robbie Daymond for like a year now. Not my ears finding it, obviously, but I was almost 100% positive of that one already.

Noctis was leaked a couple of days ago. I had never heard of him before, so I dunno what to say there. Now seeing Ignis and Gladio, and I had to google both of them. Gladio's VA didn't even come up in google until I added the words "voice actor" so I'm guessing he's not super duper famous.

SilverGlyph

Balamb Garden Freshman
Feb 27, 2016
All I have to say is, they're doing a great job so far.

I want to know who's voicing all the cast from Kingsglaive in the game and how close they are to the professional VAs.

NemesisSP

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 1, 2013
Hmm, I'm surprised honestly, I thought Gideon Emery was voicing Ignis. Certainly sounded like him, at least.

Omegataco

PSICOM Soldier
Apr 1, 2016
I don't know why I didn't pick up on Robbie Daymond being Prompto sooner, especially after playing through Tales of Zestiria recently.

Seems pretty obvious now >___>

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
The only notable role I can find in VGs for Parson is Yusuf Tazim in AC: Revelations. Gladiolus is his first truly major role in a video game. I know Daymond from Tales of Zestiria (Soray) and FF Type-0 HD (Kurasame). Didn't know anything about Chase. Croasdell is a British actor with quite a few major and minor television roles to his name, but barely anything in the video game area.

As to the Kingsglaive actors, should they prove true... Devall is a jack-of-all-trades for minor and supportive roles across animation and VGs, DePaul is prevalent in VG voice roles, while Khan... I've found two Khans: one is credited with only one role, while the other is a very recent arrival who is known as writer, producer and staffed in a couple of TV miniseries.

SilverGlyph

Balamb Garden Freshman
Feb 27, 2016
Who is your favourite VA from the main cast?
Initially I liked Ignis the best, but the more I hear of each of them, the more I really like them. I went from not being sold at all on Noctis's voice to having it as my second favorite (it helps that Ray Chase lightened up on the deep-ness of Noctis's voice). It also helps that I like the lines that he's had to deliver.

My least favorite would be Prompto, but that's because I don't think that type of high-pitched, youthful boy tone translates very well into English, so that's just a personal preference. For what he has to work with, I think Robbie Daymond's doing a great job.

Last edited:

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Who is your favourite VA from the main cast?
I'm pretty much sold on all of them now, but if I were to pick one I could tolerably have for a long period of time... Ignis, no doubt. He just so reminds me of Balthier's voice (one of my favorite dub jobs alongside Liam O'Brian's Caius/Grimoire Weiss, Ali Hillis' Palutena, Tara Platt's Zero and Yuri Lowenthall's Luke fon Fabre), and he acts as a good counter to Gladious' burly American accent. It's like Noctis and Prompto's different vocal tones also complement each other, though I'm super glad they stopped Noctis sounding like a young Batman (even the director regretted that).

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
FFXIII had some high profile voice actors, namely Laura Bailey, Troy Baker and Ali Hillis.
Legit asking, not challenging. Were any of those VA's as big then as they are now? Troy Baker didn't really get the recognition he deserved until TLoU, I thought.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
Legit asking, not challenging. Were any of those VA's as big then as they are now? Troy Baker didn't really get the recognition he deserved until TLoU, I thought.
I... haven's thought of it this way lol. But you're right they weren't really big back then. Although, they already had some big projects under their belts. Bailey and Baker voiced characters in Persona 4, abd Ali Hillis was Liara in Mass Effect.