FFXV Moogle Chocobo Carnival Discussion

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
so any assumptions to what the dream egg is?

black chocobos were mentioned during a npc conversation, but maybe it's a personal moogle.

btw, "so do you prefer chocobos or moogles?"

"moogles are the best"

"friendship. over"

best line

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
My first thought was it could indeed be a baby black chocobo.

It seemed like they were a very large number of them back in the day but they slowly died out for some reason the poor things.

They were definitely alive 2000 years ago since there is a concept art of Ardyn riding a black chocobo through a cheering crowd.

Chocobos are better than Moogles btw xD

What I want to know is if someone's started a NG+ with Noctis wearing the mariachi outfit
facing off vs. Ifrit.
... I am now very tempted to try this and with the ChocoMog outfit too lol

Edit: Kenny Crow being a freaky mascot once again

https://twitter.com/isamegu_ff15/status/823849492092887040

I would be totally fine with it if they create new outfits of Noctis and the guys wearing the Chocobo, Moogle, and Kenny Crow costumes.

Last edited:

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
Found a "guide" of sorts on Reddit on how to get certain items in Pthe Carnival.

Gonna aim to get all of this before the deadline is up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/5q19rx/missable_moogle_chocobo_carnival_items/
Some tips.

When you take quest photos, wait a few seconds after taking a shot for the game to register it.

For fishing, use the tonberry lure if you have it, it can be obtained pretty early in the game and it lures every type of fish obtainable in the carnival, even the big fish. A~D tag fish are all deepwater (they cannot be seen near the surface) and are generally in the back. A tag, scorpion grouper(?), is big and red and only appears at night. Pigeon Grouper, B tag, is big, fat and wide. It has the the biggest width of all the fish.

For the balloon fetch quests, if you happen to fail, the quest will reset after a while.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
What I want to know is if someone's started a NG+ with Noctis wearing the mariachi outfit
facing off vs. Ifrit.
Just saw a video of this shared on Facebook. It was only a matter of time. Honest to goodness I just can't seem to take him seriously in that mariachi hat lol

Some tips.

When you take quest photos, wait a few seconds after taking a shot for the game to register it.

For fishing, use the tonberry lure if you have it, it can be obtained pretty early in the game and it lures every type of fish obtainable in the carnival, even the big fish. A~D tag fish are all deepwater (they cannot be seen near the surface) and are generally in the back. A tag, scorpion grouper(?), is big and red and only appears at night. Pigeon Grouper, B tag, is big, fat and wide. It has the the biggest width of all the fish.

For the balloon fetch quests, if you happen to fail, the quest will reset after a while.
Nice. I'll put that into use then.

Haven't managed to completely any photo quests and that's probably because I kept deleting the pictures instantly thinking I did it wrong D:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Lots of cameo appearances at the Carnival.

There's Aranea, Vyv, Sania, one of her frogs, Dino, Wiz and Gentiana.

I'm sure there's more but need to complete some photo missions before more will appear it seems.

Last edited:

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
So, I see Jubie's list upthread, but does anyone have a decent rundown on what's actually worth picking up here before the event ends? I tried to do some of it last night, but I'm in full-on minecraft mode and I can't get into it. I don't want to miss out on anything, though, for when I will be back to it. Like that egg people are talking about.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
So, I see Jubie's list upthread, but does anyone have a decent rundown on what's actually worth picking up here before the event ends? I tried to do some of it last night, but I'm in full-on minecraft mode and I can't get into it. I don't want to miss out on anything, though, for when I will be back to it. Like that egg people are talking about.
Tbh most of the items aren't exactly important. Dream egg for unveiling purposes in the future perhaps?

The fishing equipment you win at the Carnival are lower stat level compared to the fishing equipment you can get at Vesperpool and Totomostro.

Actually if you haven't upgraded all of your weapons from Cid yet, you can trade in the medallions to get the parts required. That's what I'm doing.

There's a weapon upgrade guide so if you look it up, you can see which parts you should trade the medallions in for.

Aug 13, 2016
Pleasantly surprised by the Chocobo Moogle carnival and i'm wondering if it is another dream sequence similar to Platinum Demo with Carbuncle's involvement? Much more to do than i was expecting and makes me look forward to the upcoming DLC. Finding a new recipehhh is the definite highlight!

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
The references in this carnival are just... XD

The mission names are a bizarre mix of Final Fantasy references (Interrupted by Fireworks, ODEKA Ke Chocochicks) and... literature? (The Brothers Kupomazov/The Brothers Karamazov, Waiting for Maagho/Waiting for Godot)

I'm pretty sure Noct getting questionably assaulted by Kenny Crow is meant to be reminiscent of the infamous Honey Bee Inn segment in FFVII.

And the actual fireworks show kind of feels like they decided that the most memorable part of the date at the Gold Saucer was being able to go with Barret, so they one-upped themselves by having you date a talking Fennec fox instead instead. XD Seriously, though, there were parts where I was wondering whether they were going to reveal that Carbuncle was somehow linked to Luna or something given some of the things it was saying. Well played, Squenix.

On a related note, the fireworks show itself was ridiculously pretty and kind of seemed like a way of showing off what Luminous can do. The amount of effects on-screen at the same time... o_o

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
i like to think noctis dreamed about this carnival while he was alone in gralea, carbuncle knowing about his struggles and his imminent death gifted him with a dream of joy and happiness.

:(

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Has anyone managed to complete the photo side quest where you go around taking pictures of what is shown on the wooden billboards?

I'm trying to find one with a cat in a flower decoration outside a window near an orange roof, and a blue bird on a statue. Running around trying to find it but to no avail.

Also having trouble finding Gentiana too D=