FFXV near 80% complete?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-15-director-talks-about-the-all-male/1100-6426084/

"Tabata: While the game is probably closer to 80% completion, the Episode Duscae demo represents the previous, 60% done version."

"To clarify on that 60 percent figure, it's the playable demo that represents the 60 percent, which is what was referring to in February. The main challenge right now is taking all the lessons we learned from making the demo and turning them into something positive to bring to the full game,"

Could be readin too much into this. But does he mean the Demo is what he is referring to by the 60%? That we are playing a 60% complete demo? While the Main game is near 80%?

If this is the case my late 2015/Early 2016 guess seems more of a reality than I originally thought.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
As Wazi said, we should wait for the next update to know how XX% complete is FFXV but even if they tell us this there´s 1 thing we can´t say for sure and that is what aspect of the game represent said XX% complete.

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
At this point, you can't put a number on the development from our perspectives and theirs. They only do that to give the viewers, gamers & fans an 'idea' of the development stage they're at with FFXV.

The development team are now getting the player's feedback in everything about what they thought of the demo. Whether or not this will require them to do some changes or extra work into the final game, we won't know for sure until a proper update of the game has been publicized.
The idea I got from this interview was:

They are getting close to the point where they are going to start full PR ( probably starting at E3 2015).

" Tabata: "In the demo, we were able to focus on one of those pillars and really bring that across to players--you'll be able to see it. But there still remain two pillars that players may not fully appreciate from the demo. As we head towards release of the full game, promotion wise, how we can show this to users what's coming up, and conveying that to our fans, is one of the challenges," he said."

I don't know, the way he's talking in the bold, it sounds like Full PR mode isn't far away. "As we head towards release", If the game was more than a year away he wouldn't have said this type of thing yet. However, he could just be conveying what's in store in the future.

It's pretty much a given FFXV will be at E3 2015. In what way though? A Huge blowout of info with a release window? Or Just a Trailer with interviews.

From this interview, he says the Demo is about 60% complete from the Main game ( which is alot further than that 70%ish?) He also did say 60% was him being conservative so he doesn't throw out too big a number. By this we know it's more than 60% complete but how much more? I think we are roughly 70% complete personally judging by the info we have.

I am feeling more confident though of a late 2015/early 2016 release.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I think that a ""better"" way from them to tell us how much of the game is finish would with quotes like : "we´re now developing the final boss battle", "we´re now rendering the game´s last cutscene" or something similar.

I´d like the realease date to be in the game 10th anniversary---8th may 2016---

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
You can start a game development creating the final boss, think of it like a movie where you can film any part and then put it all together at the end.

King Bimpy

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 11, 2014
The newest picture was of Acorodo from Neogaf. It's def on LE because the water is different. so yea 80% sounds true

King Bimpy

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 11, 2014
Pretty sure these are old prototypes for the 2013 trailer they showed at the Visual Works talk.
Ebony Engine (2013) translates onto Luminous Studio (what Tabata has been using since then). It's a noticeable change that was shown in the recent visual works video at the very end. so this is acordo's predesign or the current design?

Last edited:

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Ebony Engine (2013) translates onto Luminous Studio (what Tabata has been using since then). It's a noticeable change that was shown in the recent visual works video at the very end. so this is acordo's predesign or the current design?
That isn't in-game footage. Pretty sure that 2015 Accordo pic is an unfinished version of the E3 2013 pic, and that's Visual Works footage, it doesn't belong to either engine.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Pretty sure these are old prototypes for the 2013 trailer they showed at the Visual Works talk.
That isn't in-game footage. Pretty sure that 2015 Accordo pic is an unfinished version of the E3 2013 pic, and that's Visual Works footage, it doesn't belong to either engine.
Yes, you are both exactly right. Someone slapped 2015 on it like it meant something. Keep in mind... these were shown in a MONTAGE from VISUAL WORKS which means that VISUAL WORKS made this. Visual Works does CG, therefore this is CG... Pretty obvious as you two point out.

They are outdated because you can see the water doesn't go through the pillars or anything, it's obviously decreased quality. Also the camera work in the shots is obviously not in game camera work, if you watch the clips back its obvious as soon as you see it for the brief second that you do that it's not in game camera work, you can just tell from the second still based on the exaggerated roll.

Flash Over

Chocobo Knight
Mar 7, 2015
NL, Canada
If it is truly at 80%, then all they really have left to do is debugging and optimizing, and probably making a few tweeks based on fan feedback. I doubt it, but being at 80% in March can definitely mean a year-end release. I kind of hope that they wait until Q1 2016 so that they can add "Ten years in the making" on the cover haha (even though it's technically only been 4 years)