FFXV TGS 2016 trailer

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
You know what's funny? I haven't seen anyone complain about how Aranea is a weak female character. I mean, we've only seen her 3 times and she's been so overly sexualized/romanticized because of that pole dancing thing and even when attacking Noctis he pretty much just blocked her. On top of that the latest thing we saw her in she had her face smashed into the ground by Noctis. On top of that she clearly only exists has a boss character meaning that her existence is really only as a hurdle for Noctis to overcome, meaning that she only exists to further the male protagonists journey.
Do note, I'm basically just twisting the arguments I've seen on NeoGAF about how Luna is such a weak character to fit Aranea, and I'm posting them here because I can't post on NeoGAF. I think that pretty much all of the female characters (except maybe Cidney) are fine, and even then Cidney is just a bit iffy cause of her design and we don't really know much about her character outside of as a mechanic.

Sep 27, 2013
Here's hoping Ardyn/Niflheim has a good motivation
Now it looks, literally and figuratively a story of black versus white, and I'd love if that got an additional layer.

TGS trailer was so good, there's so much story potential for them to work with and do something simple but good, and I really hope they don't mess it up.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
You know what's funny? I haven't seen anyone complain about how Aranea is a weak female character. I mean, we've only seen her 3 times and she's been so overly sexualized/romanticized because of that pole dancing thing and even when attacking Noctis he pretty much just blocked her. On top of that the latest thing we saw her in she had her face smashed into the ground by Noctis. On top of that she clearly only exists has a boss character meaning that her existence is really only as a hurdle for Noctis to overcome, meaning that she only exists to further the male protagonists journey.
Do note, I'm basically just twisting the arguments I've seen on NeoGAF about how Luna is such a weak character to fit Aranea, and I'm posting them here because I can't post on NeoGAF. I think that pretty much all of the female characters (except maybe Cidney) are fine, and even then Cidney is just a bit iffy cause of her design and we don't really know much about her character outside of as a mechanic.
It's a bit of a different argument, but I agree with the sentiment.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I'm guilty of this myself, but at a certain point, were NeoGAFing ourselves over NeoGAF.

They wanna talk about this stuff, let em. At least they have it in its own thread, which is supposed to keep it separate. Let's let it be separate.

(Or, even better, we can direct all of the VS fans that still haven't gotten over it and anyone who is still whining about graphics after that last bit of footage in there with them and see who comes out alive. )