FFXV TGS 2016 trailer

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
With the Gentiana thing, I see what you mean, haha.

Ardyn thing, I also get what you mean now, yeah. He sort of is like, if you're a mortal killing you is meaningless, which implies that he is above mortal.
Exactly. Not to mention that location is not a Fantasy based on Reality. That shit is on the moon or a farplane or something.

Jul 16, 2015
Just for the record, I don't think Gentiana is Shiva either. My issue was with Ilazy's oft repeated refrain of saying everything debunks those spoilers when there's no connection here.

But as for Ardyn, I do think that the trailer supports the idea that he's not a normal human, and that he has Final Fantasy reasons to be the villain, not Niffleheim political reasons. It's closer to support it than not, anyway.
Ardyn looks like the guy on the cover of that book. He clearly is more than human. He says killing Noctis as a mortal would give him scant satisfaction so he wants him to claim the power of the crystal before killing him. He is clearly a powerful being of sorts if he is that confident in killing Noctis in a more powerful state.

Jul 16, 2015
Yeah, I'm coming around on this Ardyn is Bahamut theory. Smelling more and more true.
No one likes my Gentianna is Leviathan theory and I do see a few holes in it but that is definitely her on the cover of that book with possibly Ardyn and that reminds me of the Genesis painting where Leviathan and Bahamut are together.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
No one likes my Gentianna is Leviathan theory and I do see a few holes in it but that is definitely her on the cover of that book with possibly Ardyn and that reminds me of the Genesis painting where Leviathan and Bahamut are together.
I'm with you there as well, actually.

In fact, in the Genesis artwork, you see what looks to me humanoid versions of Bahamut with Humanoid leviathan together, and the idea that that might be Ardyn and Gentiana rings true as well.

Thing is, even though Gentiana seems like a good guy (gal), there's a number of ways that can work. In the trailer, Gentiana is educating Noctis about his path, presumably to push him along it, and despite being the obvious bad guy at this point, Ardyn is ALSO pushing Noctis to reach his full potential as well. There's no reason we can't believe that they're both pushing Noctis along this path, just for different reasons.

I find it plausible. Very much plausible.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Ardyn looks like the guy on the cover of that book. He clearly is more than human. He says killing Noctis as a mortal would give him scant satisfaction so he wants him to claim the power of the crystal before killing him. He is clearly a powerful being of sorts if he is that confident in killing Noctis in a more powerful state.
The thing is, the book shows what might be Bahamut giving the King the Crystal.

Jul 16, 2015
Perhaps the crystals power may only be used by someone of royal blood like Noctis. Ardyn may need Noctis to harness it's power before consuming it himself. That Cosogony book looks like it tells the story of the prophecy which is shown in the Genesis painting. The king on the cover is probably Noctis. Who knows what's gonna happen in this story. I expect many twists and turns and surprises.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Yeah, but the opening scene in that trailer shows Ardyn giving Noctis the crystal so hard he got stuck in it, lol.

Edit: Just so everyone here knows, BTW, story speculation is by far my weakest skill here and I intentionally have all KINDS of holes in my understanding of what's what. I don't like to do a full on plot analysis until after I've experienced the full game for myself.

Do not ever be afraid to tell me I'm way off base on something.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
I don't know where you see Luna on there. That guy has Ardyns exact hairstyle and the person with the Crown has dark hair which means it wouldn't be Luna.
I rephrase it a bit, its more like King, Oracle and her attendant. Not exactly Noctis and Luna. I think they are not first King and Oracle in this universe.

Sep 27, 2013
I rephrase it a bit, its more like King, Oracle and her attendant. Not exactly Noctis and Luna. I think they are not first King and Oracle in this universe.
It's worth noting that the attendant is carrying blue flowers, likely Gentian flowers, which Luna is seen caring for here, refering to Gentiana. Either the assistant is Gentiana, or it's Luna.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
It's worth noting that the attendant is carrying blue flowers, likely Gentian flowers, which Luna is seen caring for here, refering to Gentiana. Either the assistant is Gentiana, or it's Luna.
I'm fairly certain that in the Cosmology picture that the flowers the Oracle (woman in white) is holding represents Gentiana as a guiding force for the Oracle. The Astrals had a hand in creating the world, and the Gods gave Lucis the crystal. This is what's being depicted partially on the front of this.

As for people speculating that Ardyn is Bahamut, perhaps, but it doesn't change the fact that the Bahamut like figure is giving the King the crystal. Look at his hands, they are on the outside of the king's hands. When you clasp your hands around someone else's like this it implies that you are giving them something and you are telling them to hold onto it. Also, look at the eyes of both these two. The King looks at the crystal in awe, while the Bahamut like figure looks into the kings eyes. This also shows how this Bahamut like figure is giving the King the crystal, and that he's focused on the King's reaction, while the king is enamored by the crystal.

How Ardyn fits into this, I don't really know, perhaps he doesn't. As people mention though, the hairstyle sort of is similar.

Jul 16, 2015
I'm fairly certain that in the Cosmology picture that the flowers the Oracle (woman in white) is holding represents Gentiana as a guiding force for the Oracle. The Astrals had a hand in creating the world, and the Gods gave Lucis the crystal. This is what's being depicted partially on the front of this.

As for people speculating that Ardyn is Bahamut, perhaps, but it doesn't change the fact that the Bahamut like figure is giving the King the crystal. Look at his hands, they are on the outside of the king's hands. When you clasp your hands around someone else's like this it implies that you are giving them something and you are telling them to hold onto it. Also, look at the eyes of both these two. The King looks at the crystal in awe, while the Bahamut like figure looks into the kings eyes. This also shows how this Bahamut like figure is giving the King the crystal, and that he's focused on the King's reaction, while the king is enamored by the crystal.

How Ardyn fits into this, I don't really know, perhaps he doesn't. As people mention though, the hairstyle sort of is similar.
I responded to you saying that it looked like the winged man was giving Noctis the crystal a little while ago but perhaps you missed. it. I'll just repost it here. Perhaps the crystals power may only be used by someone of royal blood like Noctis. Ardyn may need Noctis to harness it's power before consuming it himself.

Sep 1, 2016
I replayed the TGS trailer so many times. Loved the new scenes with some that brought up that important question again: WTF is Ardyn up to? He is just disgustingly sinister lol

Some things I took away from the trailer:
  • Music is gorgeous as always - all hail Yoko Shimomura!
  • Ravus continuing with his hate crusade of the Lucis bloodline. As much as I want to see more scenes with Noctis and Luna together, I also want to see more Ravus and Luna interaction...
  • Luna's bedroom is the size of a freakin' house - also, is that her wedding dress in the background?
  • Cid's comment about brothers and trust was heartwarming.
  • I loved the way young Noctis hid his face behind the book when Gentiana was talking to him like a shy, adorable, little kid.
  • Gentiana's JP voice is lovely. I hope her EN voice will match. Her comment about the King and Oracle should always stand together was interesting.
  • Even more interesting was the cover of the Cosmogony: Seems like an Astral (possibly Bahamut from the Genesis painting?) is entrusting a crystal to a King while the Oracle, holding her trident and sylleblossoms, oversees this exchange. Looks like an interesting legend to learn about.
  • Shiva is beautiful - wasn't expecting her to be so well-endowed, but oh well, if you got it, flaunt it lol. She might be the reason for the partial nudity rating and I counted 5 of them! Lol
  • The other interesting Ardyn scene, besides the first one, was of him slapping Luna. Now, I did not interpret this as "Luna being weak" bullshit. I understood this as the complete opposite. She must've done something or refused to do something to really piss him off. This is the first time that we've actually seen Ardyn lose his cool, calm demeanor. I say "Luna you go girl - stand up to that oily bastard!"
  • The only negative opinion I have is the more I hear Luna's JP voice, the more I don't like it. Maybe it's just cultural differences, but she just sounds too cutesy, I can't take her seriously especially when she's giving inspirational speeches. When I compare the Leviathan scene with the EN version, Amy Shiels just sounds so much better.
Overall, the trailer was great - I hope we get an English version as well. It'd be nice to compare the two. Now I'm looking forward to the next Brotherhood episode!

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Agreed on Luna's JPN VA. I also thought Ray Chase did a much better job at Noctis' shocked reaction over Insomnia than Suzuki's, which is surprising for me.

Chocobocoholic

ShinRa SOLDIER
Mar 29, 2016
Yeah, I actually burst out laughing at the "HAH?!" which was definitely not the right reaction lol

Lol I stand corrected :p
He didn't say "HAH?!" as in like laughing ha, more of a "HUH?!" shock reaction. I don't think I've seen the English section of this to compare the two reactions.