Final Fantasy 12 Hd Remaster anyone?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
12 as a remaster would be fine, but what about 5 and 6 which still haven't been remade? I'd like 12 on PS3 but I'd want 6 as a full remake on Vita or something first. What if it's possible they've already been given the go-ahead to remaster 12 since it'd be easy money but are just deciding the order to release it in. Like should it be out pre-15 or post-15.
They don't seem interested in remaking FFV and FFVI for 3DS and PSVita. All they've done was make shitty remakes for mobile devices.

Last edited:

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
If people want new stuff and want it often, then they’re going to have to stop demanding games with big production values and settle for less.

Last edited by a moderator:

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
New stuff is good. Remakes have been all to often by most RPG makers right now. I want new RPGs too, especially ones that'll be series. But I'm willing to wait, I don't want to drop in production value. I think a good balance of good looking game but lower cost was Bravely Default.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
In agreement with Squirrel. Games like FFX HD are needed in between the LONG waits for these money-draining high production RPGs like FF15. You could probably argue SE doesn't need to blow so much money on creating games like FF15 either, but these lower costing projects are necessary to help bring in some extra revenue. It's not like there's gonna be too much more for them to remaster anyway. FFXII would be the next one, but what then? Perhaps a Dragon Quest PS2 game? Not as profitable as FF here. It's not like remasters are all we'll get from them. We've had FFX/X-2 and that's it. No need to worry that that's all they're gonna do for ages now. But the odd remaster and lower production games (like Bravely, as mentioned), will be key whilst they try to churn out FF15.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
Think about all the things Square Enix could do with a numbered Final Fantasy title!

Remaster
Remake
Remaster Remake
Remake Remaster
Director's Cut Remaster
Director's Cut Remake
Director's Cut Remaster Remake
Director's Cut Remake Remaster
Remaster Port
Remake Port
Remaster Remake Port
Remake Remaster Port
Director's Cut Remaster Port
Director's Cut Remake Port
Director's Cut Remaster Remake Port
Director's Cut Remake Remaster Port

They can milk the IP really dry! :D

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Think about all the things Square Enix could do with a numbered Final Fantasy title!

Remaster
Remake
Remaster Remake
Remake Remaster
Director's Cut Remaster
Director's Cut Remake
Director's Cut Remaster Remake
Director's Cut Remake Remaster
Remaster Port
Remake Port
Remaster Remake Port
Remake Remaster Port
Director's Cut Remaster Port
Director's Cut Remake Port
Director's Cut Remaster Remake Port
Director's Cut Remake Remaster Port

They can milk the IP really dry! :D
You forgot making it an Iphone game.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
Yeah yall make a solid point with the remastering/remakes helping the money flow for FF15 + KH3 and future Square games.
So no one thing thinks there's a demand to follow up FF12HD with FF6 remake? People argued for years that it was a better game than FF7 or 10 combined. I was hearing those arguements for the longest time when I first found out about forums (back when I first played Chrono Cross and FF8). If people love it that much, and we already have the characters revisited and voiced in Dissidia (Kefka and Terra/Tina), why not?

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
No idea why FF5/6 remakes haven't happened yet. Should have been done for 3DS a long time ago. Could use the Bravely engine too. Perhaps it's something that will happen in the near future, what with SE realising people actually want traditional RPGs after the success of Bravely.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
No idea why FF5/6 remakes haven't happened yet. Should have been done for 3DS a long time ago. Could use the Bravely engine too. Perhaps it's something that will happen in the near future, what with SE realising people actually want traditional RPGs after the success of Bravely.
Only after they stop milking IV and Iphone games.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
Hard to know the exact details but I imagine the reason why FFV and FFVI 3D remakes have not happened yet has everything to do with traditional handhelds dying and mobile taking over.

Both FFIII and FFIV 3d remakes came to mobile devices so I don't see what's stopping them other then the lack of resources.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Hard to know the exact details but I imagine the reason why FFV and FFVI 3D remakes have not happened yet has everything to do with traditional handhelds dying and mobile taking over.

Both FFIII and FFIV 3d remakes came to mobile devices so I don't see what's stopping them other then the lack of resources.
Mobile games hadn't boomed as much when those games where released. Hence why they don't really need those kind of remakes now.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
To elaborate a bit. If they're worried about poor software sales, then the current state of traditional handhelds shouldn't worry them too much as they don't have to keep them exclusive to those platforms. They can also port them to iOS and Android as well. They can release them on Steam too.

People want them. They've been asking for them and Square Enix likes to milk the IP to death. Remakes and remasters are a great way to update classics and sell to a new audience.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
I d
Both FFIII and FFIV 3d remakes came to mobile devices so I don't see what's stopping them other then the lack of resources.[/QUOTE]

I feel like FF6, like the PS1 FFs, has a sense of reverence about it that makes them nervous about touching it in any material way. Thus why the versions they've put out of all these games have been based on the original code base with art changes and things. To do an FF4 DS on FF6 would take balls. Same as 7-9. I do think it's basically inevitable, though... when, not if, at this point.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
I remember them thinking about remaking FFV back in the day but the NDS wasn't powerful enough. FFVI is pretty content heavy so that could be what's stopping them as well.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
People trolled them for not understanding that sooner.

That boss theme is still pretty hyped! I like it. Best music on 12 other than Gilgamesh's.

Never liked phone games, RPG or other. I play all the RPGs I can on my TV or PSP/Vita. If I had my way, they'd ALL be on the TV.