Final Fantasy 12 International Zodiac Job System

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Zerox20

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Aug 31, 2013
I am currently replaying FF12 ZJS, anybody else played through it yet? Thoughts on different parties or any experiments you had?

You can watch us play it through it on our novacrystallis Twitch channel in my signature below. So far I am going Vaan as a Monk, Penelo as a Red Mage, not sure what I want to make Balthier and Fran yet.

Other random thoughts... Emulated with 5x native and 8x AA makes this game look pretty freaken amazing...

Mark

Yevonite
Oct 6, 2013
Scotland
I've always wanted to play XII IZJS, but I always thought that eventually Square would make a HD version for current consoles and actually localize it.

Nikolasvanitas

Chocobo Knight
Sep 27, 2013
Greece
www.youtube.com
I love this game especially with the english patch

My team:
Vaan=Monk=Tank
Balthier=Uhlan
Basch=Archer=DPS
Fran=Black Mage
Penelo=White Mage
Ashe=Samurai=DPS with Cure for some healing

I got the Collectors edition last year,amazing cover:)

Joshua

Sphere Hunter
Oct 7, 2013
California
What amazes me is that the English patch is still being supported to this day. I see ffgriever responded to feedback on PSX Scene as recently as yesterday...

As for future prospects - I would love for ZJS to get a legit English language HD release but I know it is not likely. Though receiving HD versions of KH Final Mix, X International and X-2 International+Last Mission all within a relatively short time frame PLUS the comments the fine crew at RPGSite/NC got out of Kitase on the matter gives me the tiniest sliver of hope...

Zerox20

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Aug 31, 2013
Yeah I saw the patch was at v0.22 I don't know if he ever plans to do a new patch but so far its been working great for our twitch stream and users are loving the choice =)

There's no reason why an HD remaster of Final Fantasy XII with the full International Zodiac Job Edition package included can't exist, but we're now approaching the eve of the PS4 and Xbox One launches, and the pace of FFX and X-2's HD development has been snail-paced, to put it mildly. I doubt that there will be much motivation by goodness-knows-when to release something for the PS3 when by then it will have been comfortably usurped by its successor. Given the most recent interview with Kitase, a Vita-only release might not be very unlikely, albeit a wee bit disappointing for a non-Vita owner.

But damn, I would gladly blood sacrifice someone if it means I can actually play an English release of the superior version of FFXII. It's lamentable the fact that throughout the PS2 generation, everyone not named Japan have been deprived of these International/Full Mix versions of a game. Except for the PAL version of FFX, but that was probably because it took THAT long for it to get to our shores.

No no no, the DS one is Revenant Wings, the pseudo-RTS-RPG game with Vaan and Penelo as actual main characters.

IZJS is so far, the enhanced Japan-only release with some very significant changes. It's basically what FFXII should have been. There are twelve Licence Boards, each corresponding with a Zodiac sign and job, which means essentially, a job system. Guest characters can be controlled by the player and their Gambits can be edited, with Espers' ultimate attacks free to be activated at will. Quickenings don't consume MP, and have their own independent gauge, while attaining MP is done through leveling up and the maximum is dependent on a character's job. There's a new speed mode at the press of a button, and a trial mode where at the end you can face all five Judge Magisters at once.

That's probably not everything, but they're the main things that I'm aware of. It's basically like an International release, but more mechanically substantial.

Mark

Yevonite
Oct 6, 2013
Scotland
I doubt that there will be much motivation by goodness-knows-when to release something for the PS3 when by then it will have been comfortably usurped by its successor. Given the most recent interview with Kitase, a Vita-only release might not be very unlikely, albeit a wee bit disappointing for a non-Vita owner.
If an english version of XII IZJS in HD came onto the Vita, I would be further pushed to purchase a Vita TV.