Final Fantasy 13 Series Worth Playing?????

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Game worth playing

• Yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

Mistwalker

SOLDIER Second Class
Sep 20, 2014
Santiago de Chile
www.youtube.com
Yes, but (aside from what Sora96 may say :p) don't have high expectations.

The XIII games are good games (sans FFXIII:LR, that's an awful game IMO), but they have a lot of problems: the first is way too linear, the seconds is way too silly while trying to be a very serious, dark game (and I love it!) and the third is a piece of... that lost its way during development and has no identity. Every game has it's own feeling and they will leave you with something. I recomment you to play them, but don't expect cult classics.

The music of this saga is awesome, anyways. Uematsu levels of awesome.

Last edited:

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Yes, please give the game a try!

Sorry I won't tell you anything more. I think it would be best you form your own opinion once you play. But I will throw this out there, I hope you enjoy it. :)

NemesisSP

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 1, 2013
The best way to judge if a game is worth playing is to play it yourself. You can ask people if it's something you'll like, but it's honestly best if you try it yourself to see for sure.

I personally like all three games, though I think Lightning Returns is the weakest, but I know many people don't.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
I really liked XIII. It's not a good Final Fantasy but it's still a good game.
XIII-2 and LR were still ok but also dissapointing at the same time.

Brian_FTP

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jun 21, 2015
Is the FFXIII trilogy worth playing? I would say yes, it's worth it, but of course, that depends on how you feel about the game. I honestly think that the "linear" complaint doesn't make sense. What game ISN'T linear? You go from point A to point B to proceed in the main story, and you're limited by walls and boundaries. That describes just about every game ever made. FFXIII doesn't offer much as in exploration except for 1 or 2 comparatively larger areas, so in that sense, I can see why people would complain about XIII's "hallways." :) I think that XIII shines in its CG cutscenes and character development. I grew attached to the characters more in the first game more than I did in the sequels.

FFXIII-2 had improved and faster combat, but it was lacking the character development (and CG cutscenes) that shone in the first game.

LR is the grand finale, so it's worth playing it for closure (if you liked the first 2 games). The graphics are definitely a step down from the previous games, but the gameplay is very different and a refreshing change for the last game.

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
If you have time, yes, so you can begin to understand its rather mixed reception (compared to previous mainline entries).

gsedgemanx

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jun 25, 2015
California
Yeah, some of the terms are confusing but you'll understand everything fine in the end.
It's not the problem with understanding, it's a problem with the Datalog lol, but I'm willing to write that off as my gaming OCD. I feel like I have to read EVERYTHING right away, and it kinda breaks the pace with me. Again, it might just be my personal problem.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
They are worth playing but don't expect masterpieces like older FFs. Though I couldn't bring myself to finish Lightning Returns. The game's design wasn't something I was fond of.