Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Exhibition

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Pixel

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Nov 9, 2015
You probably know about this exhibition already, in the Mori Arts Cenre in Tokyo. Figured I'd share some FF7 remake stuff from it.

First, concept art

There was also a bit of dialogue they got Aerith's voice actor to record for the event, and I got a translated version recorded. :p

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
well the artworks are coming up nicely at least lol

migdar is such a massive and ambitious city, can't wait to explore it.

thanks for sharing

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
https://twitter.com/RedMakuzawa/status/961213793140264960

"FF30th Art Gallery today: Seems like they updated the designs for Cloud, Biggs, Wedge and Jessie. Everything from old FFVII Remake trailers were redone and development is advancing well. Audience got a new look, but doesn't seem these imagery will be released anytime soon."

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/02/0...d-clouds-design-nomura-says-closest-original/
"According to some of the fans in attendance, there’s been a change in Cloud’s design. According to development leader Naoki Hamaguchi, this new design was said to have finally got the go-ahead from director Tetsuya Nomura. While it’s been a struggle for the team, the hard work appears to have paid off as Tetsuya Nomura went as far as acknowledging it as “the closest one to the original [Cloud design] up until now.]

A fan attendance described Cloud’s new design as a more natural look. Nomura and Hamaguchi mentioned that “while Cloud may look this way, he was a dork. I believe those of you who played the the original would understand what I mean by saying he’s a dorky character.” That said, we’ll see more of the youthful side of Cloud rather than the always-serious one we’ve seen more outside of the original game.

The four screenshots also showed other members of AVALANCHE, and one fan described Biggs as “super handsome,” Wege as “refreshingly chubby,” and Jessie as “cute!”
that's interesting.

its fucking versus all over again

Last edited:

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Does Tetsuya Nomura actually ever deliver on these alleged "uncool" characters? The only one who I can think of is Sora. He's pretty clumsy and goofy while still being a capable protagonist. Cloud was kinda dorky in VII from what I can recall (it has been awhile), but that wasn't really from Nomura's input. Whenever he's gotten his hands on the character Cloud has been super edgy, slick, stoic and badass. For example, just look at how Cloud is portrayed in Advent Children, and both Kingdom Hearts games. The dorkiest I've ever seen Cloud is in Crisis Core and that was directed by Tabata. Who ironically made Noctis pretty dorky and uncool as well in Final Fantasy XV. Plus, the Cloud from the remake trailers seemed pretty inline with what Nomura did with the character in Advent Children. There's also the potential of the more goofier aspects of the game being retooled or removed outright due to modern-day sensibilities (Honey Bee Inn) as shared by devs working on the game. It also doesn't help that Lightning, a character who was designed to be a "female Cloud", is very undorky like in her portrayals. There's precedent to be skeptical of these comments IMO. Or maybe Nomura-san and I have different definitions of the word "dorky".

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Does Tetsuya Nomura actually ever deliver on these alleged "uncool" characters? The only one who I can think of is Sora. He's pretty clumsy and goofy while still being a capable protagonist. Cloud was kinda dorky in VII from what I can recall (it has been awhile), but that wasn't really from Nomura's input. Whenever he's gotten his hands on the character Cloud has been super edgy, slick, stoic and badass. For example, just look at how Cloud is portrayed in Advent Children, and both Kingdom Hearts games. The dorkiest I've ever seen Cloud is in Crisis Core and that was directed by Tabata. Who ironically made Noctis pretty dorky and uncool as well in Final Fantasy XV. Plus, the Cloud from the remake trailers seemed pretty inline with what Nomura did with the character in Advent Children. There's also the potential of the more goofier aspects of the game being retooled or removed outright due to modern-day sensibilities (Honey Bee Inn) as shared by devs working on the game. It also doesn't help that Lightning, a character who was designed to be a "female Cloud", is very undorky like in her portrayals. There's precedent to be skeptical of these comments IMO. Or maybe Nomura-san and I have different definitions of the word "dorky".
https://twitter.com/Hosagi/status/961250827707981825?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https://s9e.github.io/iframe/twitter.min.html#961250827707981825

"That sounds good, I saw someone say his face looked softer like in Advent Children."

"Yeah definitely softer, has like feminine lips and very light blue eyes."

lol i liked the early design

https://twitter.com/DKHF4/status/961224162852315136?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https://s9e.github.io/iframe/twitter.min.html#961224162852315136

lmao

man waiting for this game will be like torture...

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
@Jenova the closest thing to uncool dorky characters delivered by Nomura would be (excluiding Sora):
  1. Roxas (mainly in KH 358/2 Days)
  2. Ventus
  3. Terra? (I'm torn in whether calling him dorky or retarded)
Re: Cloud
From what we were shown so far, Cloud totally matches his OG VII persona as a somewhat distant, cocky, selfish, dorkyless, serious character...or at least the fake character he thinks is for about 2/3 of the story until his mental breakdown, after that he returns to his true self as a caring open-mind guy that values the bonds he made and still has.