Final Fantasy 7 is pretty terrible honestly

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Fenus

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jun 26, 2017
Like i am not saying this to be an edgelord or anything. I usually made fun of North Americans who preferred FF6, because they would whine how much they hated ff7 and how overrated it is, so i basically went back to play FF1,FF2 (Which i didnt beat the last boss, got to Jade's Passage which is close to it) and FF3. I didnt use emulators.. like i wont tell which verson i played but its legal versions atleast, because i dont wanna come off as some nerd. But i did it just to kind of annoy those edgelords in a way.

But basically if you have played FF1,FF2 and FF3, you actually have no reason to play FF4-FF10. Because FF4 is when it became standardiced cinematic easier dificulity for the sake of the story type of game. I mean i could recommend FF5 just because its sort of humor effects to it, the only bad thing i can say is the queer art design of the main character that puts me off. And Lenna art reminds me of grandmother tea plates hanging on walls that i used to visit, but the battle theme is probably the best in the series

My problem is FF7 should just have been a movie. Like there is literally no gameplay value to play it other than to get it for the story, the game in its own way just plays itself. And thats sort of true with FF4,FF5 and FF6. I mean i get so tired of being interupted by the story all the time, it was amazing in 2005 when i beat it on a pirated PS1... (I bought a PS1 legal disc now because i felt guilty of games i pirated in the past, aswell as buying it from steam and PS store) and i could only like get to the boat.. and thats where i just lost it and threw away the game. And i just couldnt take it. It was just such an incredibly boring game. The only good thing which is really that and the story that was the reason i played it was the summonings.... ONE REDEEMING fACTOR. To see those amazing summonings, thats it + the story. Unless you have actually played it once, otherwise it has no redeeming replay factor. Like i remember the reason i played this in 2005 was because a friend showed me that Advent Children movie which i thought was cool. So i saw on the bonus disc it was based off a game, so to get the backstory i decided to check it out.

I mean FF2 has a story and is more story driven than FF1 and FF3. But there is a key difference, FF1-FF3 is much more game mechanical than from FF4 which is standard cinematic formula that is what set FF games until FF11 came out which it changed. You can compare FF2 to Assassin's Creed 1, yeah sure it has a story, but it only exists to progress the game, you dont feel like the story prevents you from the actual game, it doesnt hijacks that atmosphere, its just there because you progress and then it reveals stuff but you still feel its mostly gameplay centered. Thats sort of how i can say it.

In either case... i just sort of figured i am not a huge fan of Final Fantasy. I wonder if Wizardry is generally better. It was afterall that game which Square and Enix got their inspiration from to make their games.

Another turn based RPG i tried on a demo as a child which i later played on PS1 is Jade Cocoon, which i think is more fun for some reason. Its just less boring and less stupid. Like it doesnt have weird looking depressing houses that Tetsuya Nomura designs like if it was made in a amusement park or something. Like i dont try to personally attack anybody, but thats how i feel. Houses in Final Fantasy games feels like that, same in Kingdom Hearts... i just get depressed and i feel i wanna die when i see them. But so does it when i play arc the lad twilight of the spirits on PS2.. that didnt help me either.

Fenus

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jun 26, 2017
I deserve to be punched for writing so much nonsense. This is the greatest game ever. I remember now why i love it. I changed the TV colours and contrast settings, now its awesome. Yeah i am stupid and made that stupid rant, this game rocks!!! try it is my suggestion. And by that i mean FF7

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
I am not sure if OP has bipolarity issues for making such 180 impression...
I'd like to assume jumping the gun. Beyond that, don't you know the hottest trend on the internet is to hate on something...regardless if the reasons are valid or not!