Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Final Fantasy Type-0 Trailer : Traitors of Orience

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
It matters to the market this game targets.

Microsoft and Sony market their home consoles as cutting edge technology, so the consumers they target expect the software to be as well. People are not investing in a PlayStation 4 and XBox One to play PlayStation 2 looking games that cost $60.

Why do you think Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is coming with a Final Fantasy XV demo? It’s a nice incentive to get people to pick up an outdated looking game on 8th generation platforms don't you think?

And it's not just any demo. It's a demo of an highly anticipated, ambitious looking, 8th generation game. That's the type of software people want to experience and why they invested in a PlayStation 4 and XBox One in the first place.
Well, this game is different, considering this is the game that fans petitioned to get localized, graphics shouldn't matter as much for this game. Like I said before, it would cost more to import the PSP version.

LittleKingCael

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
It matters to the market this game targets.

Microsoft and Sony market their home consoles as cutting edge technology, so the consumers they target expect the software to be as well. People are not investing in a PlayStation 4 and XBox One to play PlayStation 2 looking games that cost $60.

Why do you think Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is coming with a Final Fantasy XV demo? It’s a nice incentive to get people to pick up an outdated looking game on 8th generation platforms don't you think?

And it's not just any demo. It's a demo of an highly anticipated, ambitious looking, 8th generation game. That's the type of software people want to experience and why they invested in a PlayStation 4 and XBox One in the first place.
agree, this game is too expensive with those graphics, physics are not good at all, we can see eight kicking the air while he tries to attack an enemy, a PS vita can run this for sure. if i play it a day this game going to be the first game with better graphics in game than the CGI, this game costs $30-40, i feel that they are selling us the episode duscae anyway. i am expecting 5.0-7.5 on metacritic.

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
You're right, graphics should not be this ultimate determinant, but Square have elected to set this remaster at full price - a remaster that so far looks very inconsistent in terms of how it looks. Therefore I think it's only fair that Type-0 should be judged as if it were a full PS4/Xbox One title in all departments including the graphics.
Personally, when a game has never released outside of Japan. Paying full price is justified for assets they put into the game.

Archeia

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Isn't that the reason why a lot of Japanese game developers doesn't want to release on newer consoles? The stigma that the games need to be super high res and why the mobile market is appealing from a budget and asset standpoint.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
It won't stop me from buying the game. Still a rip-off nonetheless. Thank goodness this hasn't been done to the Kingdom Hearts HD titles. It's seriously bad practice what Square is doing to Type-0 HD.
I don't see the problem. You could import this game on PSP or an HD version with various fixes for $60 and this is somehow a rip off? Why are people NOW talking about the graphics when you've had all the time in the world to complain? Where is this sudden outburst coming from?

Last edited:

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
Put it this way: On one hand, the two Kingdom Hearts HD titles brings about 4 HD remastered games in which 3 of the 4 games are the Final Mix version meaning western players get to play & experience content that was once exclusive to Japan. On top of that, the two HD titles includes 2 lengthy movies that were made from the ground up (a large majority for 358/2 Days). the 2 HD titles each costs 40 dollars. The value is amazing. Some could say it might even be a steal.

On the other hand, we are getting Type-0 HD that has been visually enhanced and some tweaks for the controls and gameplay elements to be properly played on the big screen. The content & everything else is remained un-touched and for that, we have to pay 60 dollars. Regardless if western players was not able to get hold of Type-0 many years ago for the PSP, it's still a remaster. Little has been changed & added to give the game a 60 dollar price tag.

If I'm not mistaken, gamers in Japan can get Type-0 HD for around 6000 yen. That's around 50-60 dollars even though a majority has already played the PSP version.
A game that we never "legally" ever played.