Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

It's happening? A FFVII Remake is happening?

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 26, 2017
Costa Rica
Another rumor via reddit.

From El Segundo SE branch in California

This will not have ALL the information as this is a publishing /localization branch and as the source in Shibuya who works at Shinjuku Division 1 will have the most info, but will share what there is. This is for PART 1 in no particular order.

-Game is in fact 2 parts. Part 1 ends exactly as Aerith is let down into the water after her death and a fade to black.

-Materia is shown in ALMOST all weapons. They do not appear in accessories nor do accessories appear on your character model. Different weapons will however appear on your model for example Rune Blade will be on Cloud's back if equipped and exploring.

-Different weapons have different triangle heavy hits (does not cost an ATB charge) Buster Sword has Punisher Rune Blade for for example has Cleave. You use these heavy hits after a string of regular hits. Regular hits are chip damage and the main damage will be from heavy combo finishers and the of course the massive LIMIT BREAKs.

-Using Magic will consume ATB along with MP. You get more bars as the game progresses.

-Summons will work for the most part as cut scenes like the original, they do not fight with you on the field. There is 1 new Summon Amarok and appears to be a wolf and causes darkness in addition to damage.

-Over-world map is almost seamless. There are some "zones." There will be roads and methods of transportation. It is open world. Vehicles like the Tiny Bronco work almost exactly the same only being able to go in lighter water. There will be items available occasionally on the field. Chocobos will of course be obtainable after the farm.

-They have really made an effort to make each town feel lived in, and feel like there is a reason why each place is like the way it is. Each town is very unique from the last. Cosmo Canyon and its occasional dust storms are a stark contrast to the streets of Midgar. Upper Junon feels very much more like a military installation than Midgar as well.

-Sephiroth is very limited in what is shown of him until the Kalm flashback. Before this you only hear his voice or see glimpses of him during Clouds breakdowns.

-The HP shown during the state of play is not indicative of what their HP should/would be normally during those times. Simply for Dev showcasing.

-There will be demos on the game floor with PSN demo following shortly after for people at home directly after E3.(Playstation Plus required)

-Monster redesigns for a lot of the enemies but most will remain recognizable. Some do not make an appearance. For example there was no ghost enemies in the train yard.

-Shin-ra HQ wont have quite as many floors to explore but MORE to do on the floors you do go to so it still feels like your fighting through a lot to get to the top.

-The design for Tifa is also true to the original outfit, her face appears to be mostly similar to her Advent Children design but slightly more western. Materia also shows up on her gloves.

-Cait Sith seems to be pronounced "Ket" Sith but has undergone no major design overhaul. His fighting style is more close up, and does have his BARS for a LIMIT BREAK.

-Golden Saucer will have some games that are not playable(yet) because they are essentially replaying a part of a later story mission. Some will be playable right when you arrive. They want it to feel more grand and provide a break from the main story beats while still eventually having to incorporate the story into it later.

-Red XIII has clones Cobalt XIV and Indigo XV you must fight before he joins your party in Shin-ra HQ

-Cid does not appear to be smoking but you see evidence that he does. He is clearly upset with Shera but toned down the aggressiveness as they felt it was unnecessary.

-Yuffie and Vincent are no longer optional. You can miss them up until a certain point where they then become mandatory to get. You automatically get Yuffie if you have not gotten her before Rocket Town for example.

-Cloud will have a dress and wig in one particular scene. But its fade to black getting in/out of it.

-Honey Bee in requires GIL to get into instead of a membership card.

-Squatting mini-game returns.

-As these are FULL games each will be in fact priced at 59.99 USD

-Signals have gone out to retailers to prepare for pre-orders.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Any chance of one last PS4 Pro LE? I've missed out on all the others. I really wanted the KH III one, but they dried up really fast.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
Reads like a series of educated guesses (yes, Cait Sìth is pronounced Kat Shee -- not a leak in any sense) and wishful thinking. I do think it's closer to release than maybe we think. And I think if it is actually two parts, the project and reception will be better off - witness the sales of the Xenosaga trilogy and the FFXIII series.

Skye

Red Wings Commander
Sep 26, 2013
Hi guys, I don't know if you watch Game of Thrones, but there's a music track that's been out lately called "Stay a Thousand Years". It's dedicated to the character Daenerys Targaryen. The track is very similar to Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children called "The Promised Land", there's some sadness within these two tracks. I noticed that Daenerys and Aerith have a similar background, like being the last ancient people.

This is the track from Game of Thrones

The Promised Land

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
So how do people feel about the possibility of incorporating Crisis Core and Advent Children into this multi-game release?

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Crisis Core: the most I can see be added to the remake would be reimagined death of Zack and a bit of his backstory and will exclude everything else from Crisis Core (Angel/Genesis).

Advent Children: Unlikely, they will stop at the end of OG FFVII, at most they would remove the ambiguity from the OG ending and would add snips of their fate post ending.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
Crisis Core: the most I can see be added to the remake would be reimagined death of Zack and a bit of his backstory and will exclude everything else from Crisis Core (Angel/Genesis).

Advent Children: Unlikely, they will stop at the end of OG FFVII, at most they would remove the ambiguity from the OG ending and would add snips of their fate post ending.
I see. Thanks for providing insight into it.