Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

It's happening? A FFVII Remake is happening?

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LogicalFal'cie

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 8, 2015
U.K
That's the main concern right? What is the moment to moment gameplay of this? They've happily shown in game and pre-rendered cutscenes as well as extended combat but not a lot else aside from some mini games. We didn't even see a menu screen until TGS and those recent screenshots.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
As for moment to moment gameplay, I'd like to think we will have "free time" in between the story missions that will allow you to traverse around Midgar (and its slums) in some capacity as the story progress, that's where any kind of side-quest would take place.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
It still shocks me that technically three people are directing this game. Personally, I hope that becomes a standard going forward in regards to mainline games. It's clear the Triple A nature of the Final Fantasy games in today's age is too much for one person alone to handle.

LogicalFal'cie

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 8, 2015
U.K
I'm sure this isn't an original observation, but Barrett's voice direction sounds to me like Tropic Thunder. I'll reserve judgement until the final product, however.
Keeping it faithful to the original localisation for that character, which I think is a mistake.

Anyways that was a made for tv ass tv trailer. Hope the Jump Festa trailer is a bit more informative.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
This game's graphics look fantastic, though I'm not much of a graphic person which I've said a few times before, here's hoping we get a fun experience with this game and it's multi-part structure. And I'm looking forward to seeing Midgar, and the beginning of Cloud's story anew in a new light.

Last edited: