Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

It's happening? A FFVII Remake is happening?

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
We'll see. I personally believe Sqaure-Enix is too little, too late on this. The repeated disappointments over the years have waned my enthusiasm to the point of the potential actual realization doesn't faze me in the least bit. Let's hope this rumored remake isn't their trump card for E3. It would be more exciting to see announcements for new IPs or another entry in the franchise like Final Fantasy XVI in my honest opinion.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
We'll see. I personally believe Sqaure-Enix is too little, too late on this. The repeated disappointments over the years have waned my enthusiasm to the point of the potential actual realization doesn't faze me in the least bit. Let's hope this rumored remake isn't their trump card for E3. It would be more exciting to see announcements for new IPs or another entry in the franchise like Final Fantasy XVI in my honest opinion.
I'm all for new IPs ,though with XV development history i doubt they will announce XVI before the former is release.

Mistwalker

SOLDIER Second Class
Sep 20, 2014
Santiago de Chile
www.youtube.com
2 hours... in 2 hours we'll see. If the remake gets revealed, the internet breaks.
Careful, because (if this is real) it may not be shown at Sony's conference, but at the conference of Square Enix tomorrow.
Anyways, further reading the NeoGAF thread as given me a sense of hype I didn't expect. Who know, maybe this time is REAL.

Oh, Etro, forgive or Sinhs!

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Thinking about it, why would SE announce FFVII remake on SONY's conference instead of their's ? Thats the only think that makes me think its not true.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Thinking about it, why would SE announce FFVII remake on SONY's conference instead of their's ? Thats the only think that makes me think its not true.
Bigger viewing audience. They announced FFVII PS4 during Sony, as well as FFXV. FFVII tech demo was of course shown off for PS3. Plenty of reasons to assume the biggest RPG on PS1 would get its remake shown during a Sony conference.

But yeah, still possible it could be shown during SE's conf, too. This is if it happens.