Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

It's happening? A FFVII Remake is happening?

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
loved the trailer, my only issue are the english voices, not bad but definitely nothing special so far, think Im going to play on jp.

another worry for me is that theyre going to ditch the quirky original OST characteristical sounds (that fitted so well the junky atmosphere) to a complete orchestral soundtrack...

Noctis_Caelum

Chocobo Knight
Jul 15, 2014
loved the trailer, my only issue are the english voices, not bad but definitely nothing special so far, think Im going to play on jp.

another worry for me is that theyre going to ditch the quirky original OST characteristical sounds (that fitted so well the junky atmosphere) to a complete orchestral soundtrack...
Yeah the trailer looked pretty amazing almost everything perfect. But...
- surprisingly I'm not that hyped about the soundtrack yet, it's too much orchestra.
I think Masashi Hamauzu is also working on it

- I'm more interested in the German voices (FF XV had pretty good German voices)

- I need to know more about some details /facts like is there a dynamic weather system (I really hope that)
- how much is midgar exploreable

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Im a big fan of Hamauzu, he managed to create an identity and flavor that is unique to XIII, it had a mix of classic orquestra, melodic pieces and electronic sounds that matched XIIIs world like a glove

so far the remake arrangements are great but seems to lack the distinct flavor of the original that connected the music to the world; hope im wrong.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Im a big fan of Hamauzu, he managed to create an identity and flavor that is unique to XIII, it had a mix of classic orquestra, melodic pieces and electronic sounds that matched XIIIs world like a glove

so far the remake arrangements are great but seems to lack the distinct flavor of the original that connected the music to the world; hope im wrong.
I'm fine with whatever musical direction they go for in any game, evn in a game like this, but I understand why you and others would want that, so hopefully, there's some of the music captures the impact of the original soundtrack for you.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Solid trailer!

I like what I'm hearing of the tracks presented thus far, but yeah I too hope they keep a good balance of the orchestrated content with the OST overall.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
gotta say the level of polish in the demo rivals God of War, which I consider one of the most polished games released recently.

the music though doesnt variate from the orchestra instrumentalization, and thats my only real issue so far :/

Mix in those synthetizers please.

SerjAngelo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 28, 2017
Ugh, I really don't want to be excited for a SE title again just to be disappointed in one way or another, but that trailer was really awesome in every regard. The gameplay demo showings also look very cool and gameplay is shaping out to be very fun. I hope the whole game shows this level of polish and there's a fine, meaningful balance between story scenes and gameplay.

Feb 19, 2018
So my theory on the nameless new SOLDIER character is that he's no one special. The original game had a lot of story ideas cut and shelved from the final product and I think this is one of them. I'm guessing the SOLDIER operatives will be sprinkled in as enemies that specialize in fast paced close quarters combat to break up the monotony of fighting gun based enemies and robots all the time outside of the unique boss encounters. It makes sense they would expand upon the SOLDIERs in the remake considering the original gave us very little to go off of despite the title apparently meaning a lot and it was strange that they were never dispatched to deal with the anti-ShinRa terrorists. It would especially be downright bizarre if Square continued ignoring them after how much of a spotlight Crisis Core cast on them. Anyways it would be kind of cool if the game had a sort of notoriety system where you move up from ShinRa grunts and robots to SOLDIERs and start off fighting the 3rd classes before eventually getting to fight some 1st classes.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
So my theory on the nameless new SOLDIER character is that he's no one special. The original game had a lot of story ideas cut and shelved from the final product and I think this is one of them. I'm guessing the SOLDIER operatives will be sprinkled in as enemies that specialize in fast paced close quarters combat to break up the monotony of fighting gun based enemies and robots all the time outside of the unique boss encounters. It makes sense they would expand upon the SOLDIERs in the remake considering the original gave us very little to go off of despite the title apparently meaning a lot and it was strange that they were never dispatched to deal with the anti-ShinRa terrorists. It would especially be downright bizarre if Square continued ignoring them after how much of a spotlight Crisis Core cast on them. Anyways it would be kind of cool if the game had a sort of notoriety system where you move up from ShinRa grunts and robots to SOLDIERs and start off fighting the 3rd classes before eventually getting to fight some 1st classes.
A notorious system would be really cool!

about the mysterious SOLDIER..

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014

SerjAngelo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 28, 2017
All the characters' actions look so sick in combat, it's awesome. Love the monk-brawler style of Tifa's combos and grace of Aerith's moves. It's crazy how much work they've put into each character and all of them having their own unique abilities and styles of play.

The boss interactions how it jumps into water to cool off after being hit by Fire spell is very neat. And thank god summons aren't just cut-scenes, but actual support characters on the battlefield you can issue commands to (while not replacing other party members either). Very excited