Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

It's happening? A FFVII Remake is happening?

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
There is some data in the FF7R datamine that
has perseved dates as far back as to late 2013, implying FF7R has been in some sort of development since at least 2013, which incidentally fall around the same time that Nomura was taken off FFXV in 2013. This would more than explain why Nomura was taken off XV, since if 7R started in 2013 then they moved him to that instead of doing XV, rather than taking him off XV then him bumbing around just doing KH3 stuff then FF7R starting later in 2014. Either way actual game programming and the like on the engine itself would have started in 2014 sometime after March since that is when UE4 was given out to developers to use, but things like concept art, model assets, textures, CG and early planning things could have still existed since 2013.

Last edited:

Somber

SOLDIER Second Class
Nov 22, 2013
Hopefully almost a decade long development has meant something to it. All those resources spent need to have an impact. I hate to see another unrealized project like FFXV.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
FF7 Remake delayed to April 10th.
SQUARE ENIX announced today that the global release date for FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE will be April 10, 2020.

Below is a message from the development team:

“We know that so many of you are looking forward to the release of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE and have been waiting patiently to experience what we have been working on. In order to ensure we deliver a game that is in-line with our vision, and the quality that our fans who have been waiting for deserve, we have decided to move the release date to April 10, 2020.

We are making this tough decision in order to give ourselves a few extra weeks to apply final polish to the game and to deliver you with the best possible experience. I, on behalf of the whole team, want to apologize to everyone, as I know this means waiting for the game just a little bit longer.

Thank you for your patience and continued support”

Yoshinori Kitase, Producer of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE.

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE will be available for the PS4 on April 10, 2020.
https://square-enix-games.com/en_GB/news/message-final-fantasy-vii-remake-development-team

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Apparently people over in Japan only just found out FF7R is just covering the Midgar Escape portion
In all fairness, unless you were super plugged in to how that game was set up and being developed, this fact could easily elude you. Square Enix hasn't been exactly communicative with this.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
In all fairness, unless you were super plugged in to how that game was set up and being developed, this fact could easily elude you. Square Enix hasn't been exactly communicative with this.
It's honestly weird how the only places that mention it are various interviews on gaming sites and press releases which the general audience isn't going to see, or in the description on digital stores, which frankly hardly anyone ever reads those. What about for physical versions though which the majority will buy? Like Nova said the best option is to say it's just Midgar and part 1 on the back of the box in a blurb or some such. I feel like the whole "only Midgar" thing is going to only get louder the closer we get to release.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
They should at least bold the "first part" info on the back of the box art, last thing I want are critics docking points for finding out about the episodic format very late.
I know this will be disagree on, but I'd rather it not be made explicit so we can see which "critics" were informed and which ones weren't. If somebody has time to bitch and moan on a forum/site, then they have time to do some research.

I feel it doesn't need to be on the packaging that big (compare and contrast with Falcom, who usually don't call the first entry in the "Trails" meta-series by a number), and I think critics aren't going to trash it for this. Most of the backlash/confusion is going to come from fans and even those who are "informed" may or may not be happy with SE's decision.

In the end, the litmus test for that is going to be sales - if Episode 2 has as steep a drop sales-wise as XIII-2 did, well...

(Then again, SE put "Only On PlayStation for a year" on the box to avoid backlash from rabid Sony fanboys, maybe this'll make them consider it as well)

May 15, 2018
It's honestly weird how the only places that mention it are various interviews on gaming sites and press releases which the general audience isn't going to see, or in the description on digital stores, which frankly hardly anyone ever reads those. What about for physical versions though which the majority will buy? Like Nova said the best option is to say it's just Midgar and part 1 on the back of the box in a blurb or some such. I feel like the whole "only Midgar" thing is going to only get louder the closer we get to release.
or a subtitle, or something
I`m kinda suprised they didnt go with a new logo for the episode too