Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

It's happening? A FFVII Remake is happening?

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
I'm getting a very distinct feeling that the only explorable areas throughout the game is sector 7: for at least half, sector 5, and upper plate sector 8. They really haven't shown any other notable areas or at least new ones. Like, they've expanded certain dungeons (Train graveyard, shinra HQ, sewers, subway/ tunnels) But I think there has only been one semi new area that has been shown is where Roche shows up in the new trailer. It reminds me of the bases from XV. This might be a smaller title than anticipated. The only reason why I bring this up is because I remember at the start of the project, they mentioned that they were aiming for a fully explorable Midgar. I think thats how they might get us on DLC

Noctis_Caelum

Chocobo Knight
Jul 15, 2014
I'm getting a very distinct feeling that the only explorable areas throughout the game is sector 7: for at least half, sector 5, and upper plate sector 8. They really haven't shown any other notable areas or at least new ones. Like, they've expanded certain dungeons (Train graveyard, shinra HQ, sewers, subway/ tunnels) But I think there has only been one semi new area that has been shown is where Roche shows up in the new trailer. It reminds me of the bases from XV. This might be a smaller title than anticipated. The only reason why I bring this up is because I remember at the start of the project, they mentioned that they were aiming for a fully explorable Midgar. I think nd thats how they might get us on DLC
Oh no please god no dlc's anymore like the uncomplete FF xv that was enough for me.
It's already hard and understandable why they splitt it up into 3 or 4 parts, but no dlc, if so than only some cosmetic ones like weapons or costumes, but NO story dlc's please

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
DLC is more than certain... play with Red XIII during (insert name of event), mini-games, new costumes (summer bikinis), weapons, materias...

pls be excited.

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
Oh no please god no dlc's anymore like the uncomplete FF xv that was enough for me.
It's already hard and understandable why they splitt it up into 3 or 4 parts, but no dlc, if so than only some cosmetic ones like weapons or costumes, but NO story dlc's please
It's going to take another 3-5 years for the next one. They are definitely going to DLC so it stays in our mind and brings hype for the next installment. I don't think they are going to cut out obvious chunks like FFXV where it was like "You want to find out what happens to this character...buy our poorly made DLC." Hopefully they will stay away from timed events. It still irks me that for whatever reason the FFXV Moogle Carnival wasn't just an option in the main game and the story line for the assassin's creed event (or at least just the part with Loqi) couldn't have been integrated somewhere in the main story.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
Also I wonder if they'll do an Advent Children game adaptation dlc a few months after the last part.

I would buy it... :rolleyes:
Honestly if there was Advent Children/Crisis Core DLC made, I'd buy it. If people argue why it should have been in the base game, it would be shut down by the fact that the content comes from other FFVII media products and was never part of the OG FFVII experience.

Feb 19, 2018
If they've trademarked Advent Children and DoC again I'm curious if they'll make full games out of those or if they'll be treated like DLC expansions should anything actually come of this. Prompto and Barret's shooting mechanics would carry over pretty nicely for Vincent as I feel like he'd be somewhere in the middle of those two in terms of combat style since he seems more nimble in later depictions like Prompto while also being a bit tanky like Barret. As for Advent Children I want them to introduce wall running and air gliding mechanics in later installments because the reason I love the Advent Children fight between Cloud and Sephiroth is just how much verticality it has and how dynamic it is. Also they should totally integrate Crisis Core back into the Remake while they're at it. I'd love to see Zack in this style of gameplay.