Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

It's happening? A FFVII Remake is happening?

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 26, 2017
Costa Rica
Oct 26, 2017
Costa Rica
New TV Spots of Final Fantasy VII Remake from PlayStation Japan.

Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia has released a new set of Japanese TV commercials for Final Fantasy VII Remake.

The “4.10” commercial features Masataka Kubota and Misato Morita, who appeared in the November 2019-released special feature commercial for Final Fantasy VII Remake.

The “4.10 – Brown and Cony” commercial features LINE Friends characters Brown and Cony.

The “4.10 – Man with a Mission” commercial feature Japanese rock band Man with a Mission’s Jean-Ken Johnny and Spear Rib.

The “4.10 – Napolimens” commercial features the boys of game live streamer group Napolimens.

Watch the TV commercials below.

4.10 – Man with a Mission

4.10 – Brown and Cony

4.10 – Napolimens

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Costa Rica
All of the English voice actors that are in Final Fantasy VII Remake so far.

Here’s the full list of voice actors for all the characters you’ve heard in our trailers so far, and where you might have seen or heard them in the past:

. Cloud Strife: Cody Christian (All American, Teen Wolf)
. Barret Wallace: John Eric Bentley (Hart of Dixie, Lab Rats, Fear of the Walking Dead)
. Aerith Gainsborough: Briana White (Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, Occupants)
. Tifa Lockhart: Britt Baron (GLOW, The Thing About Harry, My Valentine)
. Red XIII: Max Mittelman (Persona 5, One-Punch Man)
. Jessie: Erica Lindbeck (Spider-Man PS4, Mortal Kombat 11)
. Biggs: Gideon Emery (Dash & Lily, Teen Wolf, Dragon Age II)
. Wedge: Matt Jones (Bob Hearts Abishola, Breaking Bad)
. Sephiroth: Tyler Hoechlin
. Reno: Arnie Pantoja (Konosuba, Trolls, Sydney White)
. Rude: William Christopher Stephens (The Avengers, Spies in Disguise, Mortal Kombat 11)
. Tseng: Vic Chao (Seis Manos, Mortal Kombat X, Ben 10)
. President Shinra: James Horan (Metal Gear Solid V, Fallout: New Vegas, Love, Death & Robots)
. Heidegger: John DiMaggio (Futurama, Adventure Time)
. Scarlet: Erin Cottrell (Love’s Long Journey, The Identical)
. Palmer: William Salyers (Regular Show, Spider-Man PS4, Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders)
. Reeve: Jon Root (Call of Duty: Ghosts, Fallout 76)
. Professor Hojo: James Sie (Jackie Chan Adventures, Uncharted)
. Marlene Wallace: Brielle Milla (The Ellen Show, T.O.T.S.)
. Roche: Austin Lee Matthews (Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon, Trails of Cold Steel III)
. Don Corneo: Fred Tatasciore (Overwatch, Fortnite, Gears of War)

Oct 26, 2017
Costa Rica
It remains the same, for April 10th, but there may be distribution problems depending on wich country do you live. Those who have pre-ordered it in the S-E Store will get it on the launch day.

As we prepare for the release of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE on April 10, we wanted to keep you updated on how the proactive measures being taken to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus are likely to affect the distribution and retail landscape in western regions at launch.

As you will be aware, many countries are limiting entry or closing their national and state borders and restricting the distribution and delivery of non-essential items. Understandably these restrictions are being implemented so that essential items can reach their destination as fast as possible.

This does not mean that box copies of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE will not be dispatched, it just means that we cannot control the date the game may arrive.

In many countries and states, retail stores are closing to help with social distancing measures. If you placed a pre-order with one of these retailers, we advise you to check their websites for the latest information about the status of pre-orders, as well as pick-up and/or delivery information. Please ensure your mailing address and contact details are up to date, as some retailers have begun contacting customers with delivery updates.

Finally, we are currently making arrangements to ensure that pre-orders from the SQUARE ENIX STORE reach you by April 10.

We are working hard to ensure as many of you as possible can play the game on April 10 and will update further when we have more information.

Thank you for your continued support and most importantly, stay safe.

Feb 19, 2018
From the same guy on reddit.

Damn the box itself for the deluxe edition actually came out looking really nice. Wish the lighting for the pic was better though cuz I wanted to see how the Sephiroth steelbook looks in hand. Liking what I'm seeing so far, just hope I can get my copy at release, especially amidst all the quarantine stuff that's happening. Probably shouldn't have pre-ordered at gamestop what with all the recent drama but I really wanted that ShinRa ID card. lol

ash

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
I can already see some screens popping up online, stay on guard y'all.
Thank you. If I recall, there's an extension I used in the past for my browser for FFXV to prevent spoiler-y YouTube recommendations - based on keywords of your choosing. I will look for it and post it here.

Edit: It's called VideoBlocker. Please be safe from spoilers, everyone! You waited for so long and only a few days left.. Don't waste all that patience on spoilers, and enjoy the full experience!

Somber

SOLDIER Second Class
Nov 22, 2013
Square enix revealed the tracklist for the soundtrack! More than 150 tracks!
Link to the website. Beware of spoilers though because it definitely reveals potential in-game elements and plot progress.
I am so excited! This is the mainline FF OST entry which is kinda surreal but FFXV didn't leave real impression for me so I'm worried if it goes on like that. 150+ tracks seem a bit overkill. I'm afraid it would largely be forgettable and bloated.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I expect a considerable part of the OST to be made of variations (calm/dynamic arrangements of specific tracks that change in real-time based on the action).

Last edited: