Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

It's happening? A FFVII Remake is happening?

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 26, 2017
Costa Rica
How dare you spoil the character roaster for me!!! Now I know for sure I will have a giant white box as one of my party members. NOT LIKE THIS!
What the fu** you're talking about?! I didn't spoiled anything!

Which character roster?! There it says "Chapter select."

Last edited:

NikoZ

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
I really hope this won't come off as flame-bait, but this game has some seriously ugly textures and foliage. There are parts of the world where literally EVERY texture is blurry AF and Cloud looks as if he's a PS4 character in a PS3 game. I've yet to stumble upon ANY foliage that reacts to the player and/or moves on its own. The main characters and lighting are amazing though, but I really don't think it looks better than FFXV

Noctis_Caelum

Chocobo Knight
Jul 15, 2014
I really hope this won't come off as flame-bait, but this game has some seriously ugly textures and foliage. There are parts of the world where literally EVERY texture is blurry AF and Cloud looks as if he's a PS4 character in a PS3 game. I've yet to stumble upon ANY foliage that reacts to the player and/or moves on its own. The main characters and lighting are amazing though, but I really don't think it looks better than FFXV
I think (hopefully) the day 1 patch will fix these issues.

NikoZ

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
I think (hopefully) the day 1 patch will fix these issues.
Did you too notice what I'm talking about? I would legitimately like to know the reason behind these shortcomings, because some parts are dishearteningly bad for a 2020 game... maybe textures from 2010 or so?

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Did you too notice what I'm talking about? I would legitimately like to know the reason behind these shortcomings, because some parts are dishearteningly bad for a 2020 game... maybe textures from 2010 or so?
Could you show a screenshot of this? I'm wondering whether the game might be using lower LODs for some reason (like... running out of room on two Blu-rays and not wanting to pay for a third? o_o ).

NikoZ

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
Could you show a screenshot of this? I'm wondering whether the game might be using lower LODs for some reason (like... running out of room on two Blu-rays and not wanting to pay for a third? o_o ).
My internet is kinda limited to mobile data these days, but I'll try!

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I feel like they're playing with fire, I just dont want this to turn into KH, those spooky-figures already remind me enough of heartless...

Fate, destiny stuff were used intensily on recent entries, whats the point of forcing this again into an already set up story?

... this could go wrong in so many ways that i dont want to even think about it.

Somber

SOLDIER Second Class
Nov 22, 2013
lol they said it's gonna be a faithful adaptation but this isn't clearly it. "Don't trust Nomura" is my motto now. Anyway things really look fun. I'm hyped.