Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

It's happening? A FFVII Remake is happening?

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ash

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
Could we please have more spoiler tags usage on here, now that this trailer is out? I'm avoiding the trailer itself, but would like to know what reviews say about the game (spoiler-free).

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Yee I'm rather surprised they've run into this issue given the scope FF7R went for.....unless a day one patch resolves this then visual inconsistencies are gonna stick out (especially post-Midgar once we get there).

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
I would guess there will be a day one patch for those textures. FFXV had the same issue / glitch where if you were loaded into an area all surrounding textures were blurry and it would take a second for it to correct itself. The game as of right now is 85 gigs, it's supposed to be 100 gigs. I would wait until the actual release date before stating what poor quality it is. Also, a side note: FFXV had a full year of patching to fix the glaring of issues from when it was initially released. They will likely do the same to FFVII

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Yee I'm rather surprised they've run into this issue given the scope FF7R went for.....unless a day one patch resolves this then visual inconsistencies are gonna stick out (especially post-Midgar once we get there).
It does seem like the kind of thing that ought to be fixed with a day one patch, yeah.

Oct 26, 2017
Costa Rica
Translation of what they say:

Final Fantasy VII Remake is a masterwork akin to the original release; it has endured the test of time. Square Enix has properly evolved the game without losing its essence, and while not without fault, it's able to elevate itself to the level of this generation's greatest titles. Melding the past with the present is no easy feat, and it has surpassed our greatest expectations.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
ill wait until it has +100 reviews before celebrating though, personally I think the game could have been better structurally and story-wise based on what I've watched.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015

Noctis_Caelum

Chocobo Knight
Jul 15, 2014
Didn't Square Enix said they will develop their future games for both PS4 and for PS5 only cross-gen games?

If so, part 2 will nothing be better technically than part 1, yeah it looks amazing, but thoese limitations. And that's bad, because they NEED to take the advantage of the next-gen technology.