Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

It's happening? A FFVII Remake is happening?

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 26, 2017
Costa Rica
According to Navtra and KatharsisT on ResetEra, Final Fantasy VII Remake would be announced for PlayStation 5 and PC.

KatharsisT said:
I just know that SE plan to announce the PS5 version along the PC one this year. Other than that, don't know. You should wait if you have a PS5, won't take long.

Navtra said:
Square announcements are piling up. We're getting XIV's next expansion's reveal next month and VIIR PS5 & Life is Strange 3 should be soon after.

nomnom

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jan 28, 2021
I think "The Valkyrie" has to be my favorite track out of all of them. "Solemn Sunset" and "7 Seconds till The End" are tied in second place for me with the new version of Anxious Heart being a solid third place, just wish it had been used more outside of when you first get to Sector 5. Also loved the Mako reactor themes and I think it goes without saying that all of the remixes of "Let the Battles Begin!" were greatly varied and awesome in their own ways, always looked forward to hearing when it would pop up again and what would be different about it this time around. Overall they really knocked it out of the park with this soundtrack which is especially impressive given its sheer size, would've expected at least one track to fall short but they all brought something enjoyable to the table.

workos

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Feb 3, 2021
I canBuy gold WOW classic pullin' me up from the underground, and
I Buy gold WOW classic, we could Buy gold WOW classic be more
I can Buy gold WOW classic pickin' me up from the underground, and
I Buy gold WOW classic, we could Buy gold WOW classic
I can Buy gold WOW classic me up from the underground, and (yeah)
IBuy gold WOW classic, we could be more Buy gold WOW classic

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Costa Rica
Navtra from ResetEra about FFVIIR for next-gen:

The thing is, the port was supposed to be announced in the Future of Gaming event alongside Athia, XVI & Avenger's Spider-Man. Those announcements were spread out in the past few months and only this port remains.

8 months have passed though and there's the possibility my information might be outdated by now, that's why I chose not to talk much about the content of the port and just confirm its existence. I guess there's also the possibility it might've been canceled but I highly doubt that's the case.

Here's what I last heard, though: It's releasing for PS5/PC (No Xbox) and it's a bit more substantial than a resolution increase. There’s new story content.

Feb 19, 2018
Hmmmm, this worries me a little because I like consistency in creative teams behind a project otherwise there's a very real possibility of clashing visions and a hodgepodge mess at the end of it all. Whatever the case I hope this doesn't turn out to be a Disney Star Wars trilogy type of deal and that the creative team is able to create an experience that's cohesive with what came before. I am interested in the fact that he brought up Horizon Zero Dawn though and while I won't get my hopes up, the remake going open world in the next part would be really welcome since HZD excels at creating an interesting sandbox to explore.