Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

It's happening? A FFVII Remake is happening?

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Wow. I never thought they would acknowledge Dirge of Cerberus. I hope they could get Gackt to return as Genesis if that's the case.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
In fairness, they were trying to work around keeping OG FFVII relevant yet remaking the title and possibly dismantling the awful compilation
After that footage I'm 99% expecting Genesis to make an appearance in the future. Ditto for other compilation casts.

Otherwise, I'm mostly apathetic. :/ At least Yuffie joining was pretty cool.

Last edited:

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
After that footage I'm 99% expecting Genesis to make an appearance in the future. Ditto for other compilation casts.
Gotta say, I think it reflects on my knowledge of VII universe that the moment I saw those glowing suits I knew it was Deepground, so seeing Nero wasn't a surprise at all. Does tie Yuffie into the Deepground plot elements nicely for Dirge of Cerberus.

Feb 19, 2018
So it seems like Ever Crisis is going to be the 1-1 remake everyone was originally expecting out of FFVIIR and will likely get a console release at a later date much in the same way FFXV pocket edition did. Which just further cements in my mind that FFVIIR is more of a sequel to the OG story. I think as long as we get Ever Crisis on console I'm definitely willing to see how crazy they can get with the Remake, seems like good business sense to offer newcomers to the series the opportunity to get an up to date crash course on the compilation while also making the Remake a new experience that can take new routes in the storytelling. Also offers people that didn't enjoy FFVIIR as much a chance to play an updated version of the original games. If things work out well enough then everyone wins at the end of this imo.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
So it seems like Ever Crisis is going to be the 1-1 remake everyone was originally expecting out of FFVIIR and will likely get a console release at a later date much in the same way FFXV pocket edition did. Which just further cements in my mind that FFVIIR is more of a sequel to the OG story. I think as long as we get Ever Crisis on console I'm definitely willing to see how crazy they can get with the Remake, seems like good business sense to offer newcomers to the series the opportunity to get an up to date crash course on the compilation while also making the Remake a new experience that can take new routes in the storytelling. Also offers people that didn't enjoy FFVIIR as much a chance to play an updated version of the original games. If things work out well enough then everyone wins at the end of this imo.
I wouldn't be surprised if Ever Crisis releases in pieces, considering that it covers the entire compilation and... mobile.

Anyway all this stuff reeks of FFVII Compilation 2 and honestly, the milking is pretty evident (how many OST albums again!?). The project already entails 3-4 parts, wasn't that enough?

I really can't muster any excitement at this point.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
I wouldn't be surprised if Ever Crisis releases in pieces, considering that it covers the entire compilation and... mobile.

Anyway all this stuff reeks of FFVII Compilation 2 and honestly, the milking is pretty evident (how many OST albums again!?). The project already entails 3-4 parts, wasn't that enough?

I really can't muster any excitement at this point.
FFVII's been getting milked for nearly 25 years now so I'm just along for the ride at this point tbh. The mobile version of Ever Crisis is definitely releasing in parts and will likely be compiled as an HD edition for consoles like FFXV Pocket Edition was. Anyways I'm just curious to see what endgame in all this is since now there's a faithful remake from the looks of it and the "remake." Oh well, time will tell.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Regardless, I'm just not sure what they were trying to accomplish in the long term with how they marketed and claimed from interviews of intending to deliver a full fledged faithful Remake....only to hastly pull the rug and provide the opposite. :banghead:

Right now FF7R has a lot of baggage to carry due to its nature as both a multi-part installment (which definitely won't end as a trilogy) and a stealth-sequel to the OG classic, especially given the amount of approaches it's likely to pull to maintain interest. In all honesty though I'm just rather turned off right now.

Last edited:

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
I was happy FF7R was pulling the best pieces of the compilation into a definitive game, but now they're expand the compilation and doing some XV-Universe shit. Oh God.

EDIT:
I am also intrigued with Nomura taking a step back as creative director because he's involved on so many projects. What's this chad cooking behind the scenes haha

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
The fact Nomura stepped down as main director can lead to even more drastic changes in the story.

Also this isn't FFVIIR project anymore, its a new compilation entirely.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Remember when some people were hoping there wouldn't be any story DLC in this project? :hahaha:

The fact Nomura stepped down as main director can lead to even more drastic changes in the story.

Also this isn't FFVIIR project anymore, its a new compilation entirely.
Apparently the role change is not all that different from before, either way I'm pretty much expecting them to steadily let loose with changes for future parts....