FINAL FANTASY writers disscusion thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Who would like see writing in future FINAL FANTASY games ?

• Daisuke Watanabe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jun Aikawa

• Yoshinori Kitase

• More than 1 writer (tell us)

• Kazutoyo Maehiro

• Total voters

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I imagine it to be frustrating putting so much effort into a complex and amazing story, just to have the characters visualized by a wave of generic, androgynous faced avatars. However good the characters may be written, that writing is crippled by these manikin manifestations.
I have never seen good writing (of anything) being crippled by what you mention before, a good example would be (though this is not a game) JoJo's bizzare adventures, where the level of bishonenism is over 9000 and the writing didn't suffer from it.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I imagine it to be frustrating putting so much effort into a complex and amazing story, just to have the characters visualized by a wave of generic, androgynous faced avatars. However good the characters may be written, that writing is crippled by these manikin manifestations.
Well, that's highly subjective.

I have never seen good writing (of anything) being crippled by what you mention before, a good example would be (though this is not a game) JoJo's bizzare adventures, where the level of bishonenism is over 9000 and the writing didn't suffer from it.
Yeah, in some cases, certain characters definitely look androgynous.