Final Fantasy X-2.5 novel ends with "To be Continued"!!!!

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Oct 5, 2013
This is just rich. I've been laughing so much about it since I found out about the contents of the Novella.

The audio segment was realistic, however. I really liked Chuami and how she serves to point out a lot of the shortcomings in religion and the characters themselves. I mean she's somewhat bitter due to personal bias, but if they do a X-3, I'd love to see her around.

What a disaster, tho.

Found this spoiler-ish gif. lol bye friends i have died laughing.

I also came across some rumoured talk of how one creates a Fayth and...

...it involves sex? Apparently the novella implies this to be the case, which creates a number of horrific scenarios that I'll refrain from explicitly saying. I'm sure you can figure out what the potential scenarios are yourselves. Plus the novella allegedly contains not only gore, but a lot of sexual content, which is presumably heavily implied and referenced, as opposed to full-on descriptive scenes of sheer, unadulterated physical bliss under the pale moonlight between a couple of characters. Or more.

So who would have to shag Yunalesca to earn the Summoner the Final Aeon?

kamikki

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 18, 2013
Finland
I also came across some rumoured talk of how one creates a Fayth and...

...it involves sex? Apparently the novella implies this to be the case, which creates a number of horrific scenarios that I'll refrain from explicitly saying. I'm sure you can figure out what the potential scenarios are yourselves. Plus the novella allegedly contains not only gore, but a lot of sexual content, which is presumably heavily implied and referenced, as opposed to full-on descriptive scenes of sheer, unadulterated physical bliss under the pale moonlight between a couple of characters. Or more.

So who would have to shag Yunalesca to earn the Summoner the Final Aeon?
I guess this explains Yunalesca's attire.

Catnip

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Oct 26, 2013
Spira
This is some fanfiction yo

Seriously though, if there's one thing good that comes from this, it's resurrecting the FFX/X-2 fandom.

Welcome back, guys. It's unfortunate that something tragic had to happen, but here we are~

@Tsukiyomi

Pretty much. His decapitated head purportedly lands next to Yuna, etched on it a frozen look of shock. No clue whether he bleeds blood or Pyreflies though.

Yuna re-resurrecting Tidus (through suspect means. Anyone know yet how she actually does it?) and the circumstances of his second revival and what Tidus actually is will apparently leave quite a psychological effect on Yuna by the time the audio drama chronologically occurs.

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
Can't stay long, but according to what I've been told...

Tidus and Yuna have a bit of a fight because he seemingly refuses to grow up and she is something of an important figure in Spiran culture/government who has responsibilities. Tidus stomps off across the beach and kicks what he believes to be an abandoned blitzball but is, in fact, a disguised mine from the days of the Machina War. He is killed by the explosion, and his head pops off with no blood or gore leading to Yuna's realization that no matter how hard she wishes for it, Tidus will never really be real. I was told his body dissolves into pyreflies just before Yuna loses consciousness, or at least part of him does? My source was a little unclear. When Yuna wakes up and explores the island she discovers it was the refuge of a summoner on the run from the conflict between Zanarkand and Bevelle, and the mines were set up to protect him/her. Yuna learns the process of creating Fayth, and I believe it was implied that she either creates a Fayth to sustain her recalled Tidus or makes him one. (My source did not elaborate on the process at all) Either way, it mentions that if Tidus were ever to realize his existence as a Fayth/Fayth's dream, he would simply cease to exist. Coupled with the fact that his personality seems to be a little off, this danger leads Yuna to believe that the two of them being together is too risky for Tidus' continued survival and eventually decides leaving him is the only way to save him.

But to be clear I've got my information secondhand from a person half-interested in translating the stuff which I have yet to see with my own eyes. Someone could easily be having me on.

Kuja9001

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Oct 19, 2013

Tidus and Yuna have a bit of a fight because he seemingly refuses to grow up and she is something of an important figure in Spiran culture/government who has responsibilities. Tidus stomps off across the beach and kicks what he believes to be an abandoned blitzball but is, in fact, a disguised mine from the days of the Machina War. He is killed by the explosion, and his head pops off with no blood or gore leading to Yuna's realization that no matter how hard she wishes for it, Tidus will never really be real. I was told his body dissolves into pyreflies just before Yuna loses consciousness, or at least part of him does? My source was a little unclear. When Yuna wakes up and explores the island she discovers it was the refuge of a summoner on the run from the conflict between Zanarkand and Bevelle, and the mines were set up to protect him/her. Yuna learns the process of creating Fayth, and I believe it was implied that she either creates a Fayth to sustain her recalled Tidus or makes him one. (My source did not elaborate on the process at all) Either way, it mentions that if Tidus were ever to realize his existence as a Fayth/Fayth's dream, he would simply cease to exist. Coupled with the fact that his personality seems to be a little off, this danger leads Yuna to believe that the two of them being together is too risky for Tidus' continued survival and eventually decides leaving him is the only way to save him.

But to be clear I've got my information secondhand from a person half-interested in translating the stuff which I have yet to see with my own eyes. Someone could easily be having me on.
Some of that is a bit incorrect.

The correct stuff is here

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela

He is killed by the explosion, and his head pops off with no blood or gore leading to Yuna's realization that no matter how hard she wishes for it, Tidus will never really be real.
Well that's a rather strange way to make a point isn't it?

BoN

Yevonite
Sep 26, 2013
Thailand
re-ffplanet.blogspot.com
Some part that I have heard.

This novel divides into 3 parts
- boy
- girl
- boy and girl

My friend who can read japanese have read the chapter 1 and 2 in boy part. It's begin at the end of X-2 ending. Tidus in underwater thinking about his past, his pain since he was child and many story until the end of FFX.

When he float onto surface, he talkded to Yuna, Wakka, Lulu, Yuna, Besaid Auroch members and return to village.

Lulu told Tidus to sleep in big tent in village (the old tent for soldier), Yuna sleep in her room in temple.

Many elders in Besaid can't remember Tidus. After the end of Yu Yevon, this elder don't know how to live or what to believe. They always come to speak with Yuna all days, so she didn't have time to spend with Tidus. Moreover, the elders have much respectful in Yuna, so they don't want Tidus to be close with her.

Rikku told Tidus about what have been change during 2 year after he dissappeared. Tidus began to feel bad because everything have changed, everyone can be happy without him. Rikku also told story about Shuyin, Lenne, Veganagun, Gipple, Nooj, Baralai and Paine.

After Tidus and Wakka retired from Besaid Aurochs, their team have much development. Tidus join their team in trainning. He found he didn't good in blitzball as he was in the past. Now his skill has been worse than ever. That's made him sad. (There are many parts in novel that express his bad,sad feeling)

Yuna still don't have time to be with him. Tidus thought that if the elders dissappear or if he can defeat them just like monsters, it would be good.

Tidus wonder that did Yuna miss him? Did Yuna ever cry because she missed him? The more he thought, the more he hate himself

Riiiiiight.

I dunno. It just sounds really forceful, to put Tidus through all these paces just to squeeze out what reads like an overly dramatic U-turn of the sort of character we've typically known, and the happy Tidus at the end of the FFX-2 good ending. Why does he need to be this miserable wreck all of a sudden? Why the big question of whether Yuna ever missed him? Has she not told him the reason why she joined the Gullwings in the first place? Why she set out on her journey? The entire point of FFX-2 aside from trying to settle the major socio-political tensions of Spira?

Wait, Tidus thinks that if the elders "disappear or if he can defeat them just like monsters, it would be good"? Can someone reword this for me, because at the moment I'm literally picturing this perpetually depressed Tidus grabbing his sword and going on a murder rampage in the village. I know I joked about an FFX-3 essentially becoming a dark comedy, but the thought of a psychotic, mentally-degrading Tidus slaying NPCs in towns is quite something else.

Oh, Nojima. What dark evil have you unleashed from your box?

Tsukiyomi

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 26, 2013
The basement
Edited my original since I was in a rush earlier and said the wrong things

Tidus' head getting blown off and Yuna finding it is just so...mature. Granted there was some bad stuff in FFX like after the attack on Sin (wasnt one of the npcs missing half of their body?) So basically Yuna brought him back afterwards too? All that stuff about him being a fayth and ceasing to exist if he realizes it...I cant imagine a happy ending here

Last edited:
Well

I...personally wouldn't choose to call it "mature". I understand what you mean, but the method with which he is unceremoniously killed like that is just so over-the-top gruesome, it comes off as outlandishly cartoony, and I think we can all concur with the GIF jokes circulating around the internet about it right now. It sounds like something a fanfic might feature, if it were written by someone mean-spirited towards Tidus.

I know Final Fantasy has tackled actual on-screen - or in this case, descriptive death at the forefront of the audience's attention - before, but this just seems so jarringly out of place. It's such an incongruent circumstance of death compared to nearly everything else we've seen in Final Fantasy that one wonders why he couldn't have just been killed off another way. Heck, I would accept him being mauled to death by a lurking fiend. I'd buy that. Not only would it be an interestingly (somewhat) ironic cause of death given what kind of beasts they have slain before, but it would still have the same psychological effect on Yuna if Nojima absolutely sought that.

EDIT: Hmm, don't recall an NPC missing half his body.