Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
I think I like more the PS2 one :(

Let's hope they allow us to play with original music too, like the FF4 on PSP.
I'll be honest: I agree.

Besaid is one of my favourite tracks in FFX and I was really looking forward to its arrangement. I don't dislike it, but it doesn't give me the same feeling as the original does at all. Some of the sounds I liked in the original have been replaced and it just isn't giving me the same sort of vibe.

I don't get the impression we'll be able to choose between original and arrangement, but I hope so.

That all said, I'm still looking forward to arrangements of some of my other faves. There's bound to be some that I feel will be great. I hope.

Leon Aether

ShinRa SOLDIER
Sep 26, 2013
Corfu, Greece
Well the new version includes more piano and violin compositions. I still have the previous one in my ears, which is faster and reminds me that feeling from the first time I played it... It's natural to like the original more, at the moment I suppose, but the new version is also welcome! I find it quite interesting since I'm a lover of these two musical instruments! Thank you for posting the comparison!

Orenji

Clan Centurio Member
Oct 15, 2013
Mataró
orenji-chan.blogspot.com
'Besaid' has always been one of my favourite tracks from the X OST, and I was really looking forward to listening to its new rendition (thanks for sharing!). Although I'm obviously more used to the original version, I wasn't disappointed by the new one. I think the violins sound beautiful, and it has the same calm and relaxing vibe to it. Dying to hear the rest!

masterlobo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 23, 2013
It's definitely not bad, but the original one is sacred to me. It's one of (or the) best song in the OST to me.

Nikki-Cola

Balamb Garden Freshman
Oct 5, 2013
USA
twitter.com
So wait, I'm confuzzled. Have they released the soundtrack yet? o.o
I don't think they did cause I haven't seen anything on it. They're like, releasing a few songs at a time am I correct?

masterlobo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 23, 2013
So wait, I'm confuzzled. Have they released the soundtrack yet? o.o
I don't think they did cause I haven't seen anything on it. They're like, releasing a few songs at a time am I correct?
According to the video uploader...
Someone (finally) posted Square Enix Music Sampler CD Vol. 8 (released at the Tokyo Game Show 2013) on the internet. This is one of the tracks on that cd.

It contains a lot of things. This is the only track from FFX HD. There are also tracks from Lightning Returns, Drakengard 3, FF Agito, etc. Check here for the complete tracklist: vgmdb (dot) net/album/41395

masterlobo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 23, 2013
I am scared about the music remaster.

I don't like how Tidus looks too clean/pretty and whiter.

But I still want this game soooo badly :D

Shin Kazama

Sphere Hunter
UFFSite Veteran
Oct 30, 2013
Screenshots are looking pretty good. X still has my favorite FF battle system, save for XIII.

I also got an e-mail this morning from Amazon saying this was gonna arrive on release day, their release date being Dec. 31st.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
I will have to reserve complete judgement until the game is out, but from what we know, and from what the developers have said, there are not going to be any gameplay changes.

What I was hoping for was a way to make the 100% completion in FFX-2 completely obtainable no matter what point of the game you are at. Or to at least make changes so that you know much easier where to obtain certain % before you go past the missable points. Getting 100% in X-2 is nigh-on impossible unless you follow a guide to a tee, and even then you have to really make sure you do stuff exactly.

I'm really disappointed that for something so hard to obtain without following a guide, they haven't made any changes to that. I really expected something relating to making achieving 100% in X-2 easier.

Again, will reserve complete judgement until the game's out, but they have said they aren't changing anything. Nothing I will lose sleep over, but disappointing all the same.

Orenji

Clan Centurio Member
Oct 15, 2013
Mataró
orenji-chan.blogspot.com
What I was hoping for was a way to make the 100% completion in FFX-2 completely obtainable no matter what point of the game you are at. Or to at least make changes so that you know much easier where to obtain certain % before you go past the missable points. Getting 100% in X-2 is nigh-on impossible unless you follow a guide to a tee, and even then you have to really make sure you do stuff exactly.

I'm really disappointed that for something so hard to obtain without following a guide, they haven't made any changes to that. I really expected something relating to making achieving 100% in X-2 easier.
This. I mean, I didn't really love that game (I wouldn't mind if it wasn't included in the package), but stuff like that made it even more difficult to do so. I love me some special treat for achieving specific goals in a game, but not when the goal is the ending itself...