Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (Coming to PS4)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Based Ito. I hope this means he'll get a director's chair again, god knows we need him.

Some additional intel from NeoGAF:
-based on FINAL FANTASY XII INTERNATIONAL ZODIAC JOB SYSTEM
-Background, character model, fonts and all 2D parts are higher resolution
-Movie scenes are higher resolution
-Uses current-gen graphics tech
-7.1 surround sound
-higher quality audio
-Japanese and English voice
-Option between original BGM and newly recorded BGM

-shorter loading time
-auto-save feature
-turbo mode
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=205785393&postcount=177

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Wow. Talk about unexpected. Those graphics look darn close to the level the original XIII was at (which shows how advanced XII was for its day). Absolutely chuffed that they're re-recording the soundtrack while including the original. Let's hope this drums up interest in Ivalice again. This'll probably be at E3, one of the secret titles SQEX was teasing.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
For people that care about staff list...

Producer: Hiroaki Kato
Director: Takashi Katano
Art Director: Ryotaro Takahashi (CGStyle Co., Ltd.)
Tech Director: Seiki Iwamura
Game Design: Jun Akiyama
Composer: Hitoshi Sakimoto (Basiscape)
Music Editor: Keiji Kawamori
Sound Direction: Tomohiro Yajima
Movie Direction: Kazuyuki Ikumori
Supervisor: Hiroyuki Ito & Hiroshi Minagawa

Please note, many of the current lists online have wrong names because people use Google Translate and expect it to be right, these are all the actual names of the people listed.

Last edited:

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I wonder if they will remove this fetuare or keep it now that they have a strong hardware.
I got a feeling that's hard coded into the game. I wouldn't expect it to be removed. I'd Love it to be removed, but I'm not expecting it.

Another feature I'd love but am not expecting is some way to change a job. Even if you lose all LP in the process. It just can't be permanent, especially since you need to play the whole game first to get to trial mode, and trial mode is a totally different beast. But also because picking jobs is actually a pretty in depth question. People are going to make bad combos at first and want to switch as they learn.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I wonder if they will remove this fetuare or keep it now that they have a strong hardware.
It seens that they truly removed the Effect Capacity mechanique.

You can see Scathe (an Effect index 8 spell) being casted at the time as Blizaga (an Effect Index 4 spell), giving a total Effect Capacity of 12. In the PS2 version of both vanilla and IZJS the max index was 8 and when excceded the action charged can only be executed when the earliest action ends.
This means that now previous strategies againts high level bosses are no longer viable.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Are they both being cast or are they both queued? Asking because I genuinely don't know, not challenging you.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Are they both being cast or are they both queued? Asking because I genuinely don't know, not challenging you.
In the context of the image above presents ,you can see both Blizaga and Scathe having the words action, in the both PS2 versions of XII Scathe would only get the action message after Blizaga gets the action message and finish being casted completely.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Oh, well in that case, that's awesome and will have other side effects, too. Could make magic based classes more viable in the end game, too.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I've played IZJS 4 times now, and the original 3 or 4 times and I couldn't be happier. Just a fantastic, underapreciated game. And this is the best version there is of it.

If anyone played the original and wasn't quite feeling it but wanted to like it, you're in for a treat.

Chocobocoholic

ShinRa SOLDIER
Mar 29, 2016
I never got around to completing the original game so I'm looking forward to giving this version a go next year. To be honest though I didn't really find FFXII that appealing. I was really bad at setting gambits and I feel that I'll be even worse now that there are more Gambits to choose from. Also I didn't find the story that great up to where I played. I got lost / stuck finding somewhere called Giruvegan, was that anywhere near the end?

RetroPS4

Chocobo Knight
Aug 10, 2015
I never got around to completing the original game so I'm looking forward to giving this version a go next year. To be honest though I didn't really find FFXII that appealing. I was really bad at setting gambits and I feel that I'll be even worse now that there are more Gambits to choose from. Also I didn't find the story that great up to where I played. I got lost / stuck finding somewhere called Giruvegan, was that anywhere near the end?
Yep, I'm in the same boat! This anouncement confirmation is the first thing from SE Final Fantasy division since the E32013 FFVX trailer to really make me genuinely excited..
mainly because its the remastered international edition we never got in the west, so yeah! I'm hyped!!

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Its getting towards the end, but still quite a ways off.

Myself and a lot of others I know weren't fond of it at first. It's a game that gets better with time and I think the remaster will go over quite well. IZJS will help a lot, too. There's a ton of little changes, all of which were great.

And seriously don't sweat the new gambits. There aren't that many and they're self explanatory, like foe count >= 5 or whatever.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I got lost / stuck finding somewhere called Giruvegan, was that anywhere near the end?
There are 2 more dungeons after Giruvegan, which equates to 4 hours and some more minutes of gameplay (assuming you finished Giruvegan, cause Giruvegan itself takes 1:30 hours to complete)

Edit: there was so much padding in the last 3 dungeons.