Final Fantasy XIV 2.0

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Aether

Yevonite
UFFSite Veteran
Sep 25, 2013
Australia
So anyone playing this a lot? I'm enjoying it a lot more than the first version that's for sure. In a couple of more days once my Internet is unshared, I'll be getting back to getting my white Mage job crystal.

Anyone else on the way? I'm on Phoenix (EU) ^_^

Zack

Somniac
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 29, 2013
I played a ton before it went live and hit Level 27 Conjurer. I haven't played it since it launched, but only because I had so many other games on my plate.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Tried out the beta for the heck of it and holy crap, I fell in love with it. Never played an MMO before but I was hooked to say the least. But haven't bought the full game because I don't really have the time atm. I'll get the PS4 version at some point but I don't feel like there's any rush since this game will be supported for years to come. They've done a fantastic job to turn this into a great game.

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
I've been playing it since the beta, and have loved every minute of it. I played most of the beta phases on the Midgardsormr world, but came to rest firmly in Hyperion with a number of friends (two of whom I made through playing ARR). I am currently trying to level each and every class, although my highest-level class is Arcanist at Level 26 due to it being my initial pick. I have a perhaps unhealthy love of crafting, and spend much of my time in the game trying to get to where I can create good gear for the Free Company I started- The Haven Network.

I'm getting ready to move right now so I haven't been able to play as much as I like, but damn what a game.

Sep 26, 2013
I'm kinda new on the ff mmo thing, i didn't like paying monthly fees to play games so i skipped on ffxi... the trailers for ffxiv we're really good though, so i got curious and tried it.
I play casually, since i'm busy with work in the morning. I'm liking it so far. Are you guys going to have guilds? too bad that we're all playing on different servers.
I'm on coeurl(NA).

PS

And i'm also new to the forums thing... so hi guys.

Mifune13

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 26, 2013
Best MMORPG I have laid my hands on! I usually get bored with MMO's but this game changed it all. I think I like it so much because of all the freedom it offers.

Phantasy MAGE

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 26, 2013
Montreal, Canada
twitter.com
I'm playing it and loving it! Started a week ago and finished the storyline a hour ago. I gotta say I was really impressed by the story and look forward to future story expansions. Meanwhile, i've got a tons of stuff to do with my character.

Her name: Makyna Emeryna on Goblin (NA)

I still have a few dozens of games in my backlog to finish... but I just can't put down this game!

Guy Gamer

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
I've been playing addictively since early access. Started as a Gladiator, got to Paladin and now I'm an Archer working toward Bard. I'm on the Ultros server.
You guys got a solid Free Company going? I've been sitting on a LVL50 Warrior for a bit and rerolled Bard on another server but wouldn't mind getting back to my Warrior.

Honestly Ultros does seem like a very "Hardcore" server which I like and dislike at the sametime. Being a warrior in end game atm is like the plague. Which I'm sure the real answers in the middle of yes they could use a buff but it's not nearly as bad as ppl say.

Riyuki

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 26, 2013
Europe
I've been playing since phase 3 and I'm loving it a lot too. It's really addictive. Got a lvl50 scholar on Ultros and working my way up as a weaver/botanist.

Guy Gamer

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Any of you guys running End Game content yet? In a laid back FC that's still recruiting? I was in Gin & Tonberry's but some of their members were pretty immature and sorta turned me off to running with them. I wouldn't mind staying on Ultros especially if other liked minded folk are around to run with.

Me and my Buddy are looking for a FC anyway. Both experienced MMO players, I would classify us as Casually Hardcore. We are looking for an End Game focused FC.

Riyuki

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 26, 2013
Europe
I am but as for FC I'd have to ask because it isn't mine. But then again it isn't a really active FC and some members have been leaving because the leader hasn't been online for a few days. I don't think it would be the best one to join right now even though I'm not leaving for now. I'd recommend the reddit linkshell, everyone is nice there, lots of people to run end game with and maybe one of them has a FC that you could join?

Phantasy MAGE

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 26, 2013
Montreal, Canada
twitter.com
Just beat HM Ifrit for the first time. It sure took a couple of wipes before I could figure out how to avoid everything! Now, I'm too scared to go against HM Garuda and especally HM Titan :D

I can't believe they're planning to release extreme modes. How would you even survive without higher leveled gear~? This makes me wonder what kidn gear would drop after clearing Bahamut's dungeon.

I watched the FFXIV Lightning trailer... While it may look a bit nice, I'm not very excited about it since it'll most likely be just like Behemoth and Odin's FATEs: Enemy will only show up a couple of seconds on my sceen and will become invisible (along with a few dozens of players/party members) thanks to the bad model loading priority. I really wish Square-Enix would tackle this issue without delay, before doing anything else. It renders some battles in the game totally unplayable, especially by PS3 players.

Nikolasvanitas

Chocobo Knight
Sep 27, 2013
Greece
www.youtube.com
Today i unlocked the warrior class for my character and i can definately say FFXIV ARR is my favorite Final Fantasy in this generation of consoles

1)I love the medieval setting and the storyline keeps me interested to try to learn more about Eorzeas secrets
2)Exploring each region and hunting monsters is fun
3)Many roles and jobs to try and experiment different fighting styles
3)The final fantasy music is awesome as always
3)The artstyle is something that i have missed from the earlier final fantasies

Sep 29, 2013
Been playing since Closed Beta Phase 2 and still haven't found myself bored with it at all. Gorgeous game through and through, and it has plenty to keep you coming back for more. Whether I should be ashamed or not, I'm unsure, but I have a ttendency to play for at least 6 hours a day, between one thing and another.