Final Fantasy XIV - General News and Discussion Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

buddhafied

Sphere Hunter
Sep 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Glad to see this thread survived :D

So, many is speculating Red Mage will finally make it to the next expansion. Mainly due to the fact that when Yoshi-P announced the expansion at FanFest, he was wearing a "Scarlet Witch" t-shirt. Those who remember, a year ago when they announce Heavensward, he was wearing a Batman t-shirt.

Another job speculation is Dancer. Dancer was highly praised in the XI community and in the trailer, it did seems like the girl has a bit of Dancer style to it.

What do you think?

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Glad to see this thread survived :D

So, many is speculating Red Mage will finally make it to the next expansion. Mainly due to the fact that when Yoshi-P announced the expansion at FanFest, he was wearing a "Scarlet Witch" t-shirt. Those who remember, a year ago when they announce Heavensward, he was wearing a Batman t-shirt.

Another job speculation is Dancer. Dancer was highly praised in the XI community and in the trailer, it did seems like the girl has a bit of Dancer style to it.

What do you think?
Two Monks

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
a dancing monk, you can't deny that. ;p

in other news, the main quest just keeps delivering... so far i really like alisae (the scene with the night sky in camp overlook was so serene, the dialogue was on point), and the WoD and SPOILERyouknowwhichscionSPOILER, so many lore revelations.

fantastic.

the ost i don't think i ever need to comment, it's never been nothing below than amazing and memorable since release.

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
One monk and One Dancer.
She's not a dancer, she performs martial arts moves and even some moves Monk already has in the game. Dancing like this is something that martial artists do, Wushu style for example. This is also Yda, which means that she is a Monk... not a Dancer.

Yoshida himself emphasized the importance of MONKS for this expansion and they're sparing on top of the FIST OF RHALGR the God to which the MONKS named their own order in Ala Mhigo "The Fist of Rhalgr".

I feel like I've opened a can of worm... Also:

Yda, Yda's sister, or another girl?
I doubt Yda's sister would be a twin. Otherwise, how would Gundobald have been able to identify her with her mask STILL on. If they are twins, why would Yda need to hide her identity at all if she didn't have some importance to Ala Mhigo.

Trust me when I say, it's two Monks... it's not Dancer... SE doesn't reveal jobs in trailers like this. Just because someone does a little dance doesn't mean they're a Dancer. Literally everyone in Eorzea has a dance, not just random universal dances, but dances of their own race as well. Dance is a form of expression among many other things.

Oh, by the way, Dancer in FFXI primarily used daggers (hand-to-hand being pretty useless for Dancer and even sub MNK being useless in general fairly early on in leveling). In Mobius, Dancer also uses Daggers.

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Super hyped for Stormblood! Red Mage looks fucking amazing, my girlfriend wants to switch from Dragoon main to Red Mage, lol. I'm gonna stick with Monk though. :cool:

Swimming also looks really cool, I can't wait to see how it works in game, as well as all the new type of gathering content that can be done under water. It adds depth (pun intended) to the world and I love it. I'm glad there's no combat under water though, as it's usually messy.

Got to say, was NOT expecting the Return to Ivalice for the 24-Man raid, really interested to see where this will go.

buddhafied

Sphere Hunter
Sep 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
I also find the name "Return to Ivalice" very interesting. I am hoping we will meet a character from Ivalice, and we have to help him/her return to the land. *screams*

NoctisX21

PSICOM Soldier
Dec 27, 2016
He Guys,

After a long time I want to start playing FFXIV again, any team of player interested in gaming? Thats my character for the moment, is there a new Level cap or something?

upload_2017-1-6_12-32-48.png