Final Fantasy XIV - General News and Discussion Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
more reviews coming out:

http://www.dualshockers.com/final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood-review-glorious-story-promise-fulfilled/

"Ultimately, Stormblood is without a doubt the best content that Square Enix created for Final Fantasy XIV since the game’s inception. It expands very successfully on the cast, on the world, and on the story, fulfilling a promise that veteran players have been expecting for seven years."

9.5/10

http://www.gamerevolution.com/revie...-the-golden-era-of-final-fantasy-xiv#/slide/1

"It's been a long process for Square Enix and Final Fantasy fans alike, but with Stormblood's superb content and level design the golden era of Final Fantasy XIV has finally arrived."

4.5/5

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06/25/ffxiv-stormblood-is-stunning-but-perhaps-too-easy/

"I give Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood this review score for being a stunning, well executed expansion with a mostly-successful overhaul of the combat system and UI. Stormblood is absolutely worth the hype that it was given and is an absolute joy to play."

8.5/10

http://www.pcgamer.com/final-fantasy-14-stormblood-review/

"Stormblood’s rousing tale of rebellion and exceptional boss fights aren’t just exquisite by MMO standards, but rival even the most beloved Final Fantasy games."

92/100

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Got hit by this great bug on the PS4 version : http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/328655-22.7gb-update-after-relogging

I'll be waiting till they patch it to play Stormblood.
yeah it happened to me as well, but i connected the PS4 cable in my nobreak (with an extension cable) to avoid energy outages; now thankfully i don't have this problem, took me half a day to download the entire thing lol.

edit: issue was fixed with the last PS4 system software update.

Last edited:

LogicalFal'cie

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 8, 2015
U.K
Rabanastre is really, really cool (yay Mastuno is back) but man, 24 player content sure does bring in some of the very worse people. Why would you waste your time in a sub-based game to intentionally wipe content? Crystal Tower had this problem too.

Alekzan

ShinRa SOLDIER
Jan 7, 2017
I woul say each bunch has their own black sheep, but is it right to judge whole bunch for one sheep?
I havent tried new raid yet, but Crystal Tower during my runs always was pretty smooth. Just luck

LogicalFal'cie

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 8, 2015
U.K
I'm fine with new players not understanding mechanics but the number of goods runs I've had of Rabanastre I can count on one hand, the number of times I've encountered players intentionally cleaving the entire alliance is too much! Let me have this salt!

Alekzan

ShinRa SOLDIER
Jan 7, 2017
Its fine, go ahead) I can understand it. Sometimes you want scream so much:arghh: but hard to find a good place for this.
I hope i wont meet such people in my future runs there

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
best thing is when some dps forget to go to their respective markers at the third boss (when you need to kill the archdemons fast) and then wipe the party.

also 2nd boss was a wipefest in the first week because of the sand spheres.

Alekzan

ShinRa SOLDIER
Jan 7, 2017
I would say - Internet. I can sh*t on people, i can screw with them and i wont get anything in return. Comfort zone.

Feb 19, 2018
Final Fantasy XIVs story and characters are as good as FFX

I get huge FFX quality vibes when running through the story. I love this game so much. I just got trough the Heavensward patches and am now clearing up the quests (like the void ship, hilderbrand and the optional dungeons). Then I’ll get on with a Stormblood in earnest.

If anyone feels ff has lost something since X, then I implore you to try xiv. That’s not a sly dig at newer entries. I love new FFs, but 14 has the MAGIC

Alekzan

ShinRa SOLDIER
Jan 7, 2017
If i would compare XIV with others ff, i would give more credits IV-VI, the best time in franchise.

Last edited:
If i would compare XIV with othres ff, i would give more credits IV-VI, the best time in franchise.
Yeah, it definitely has that vibe to it. I hope I can play it more extensively someday, but I'm not enough into MMOs to want to subscribe and not patient enough to revisit the game everytime free gametime opportunities pop up - just not the way I play games... :/

LogicalFal'cie

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 8, 2015
U.K
FFXIV definitely has that classic vibe going for, but i think the FF that resembles the most to it is FFXII.
XIV is everything that I hoped XII would be when it came out.
Anyone who has played & loved XII but hasn't played XIV owes it to themselves to play it *whispers* because it's a much better game!