Final Fantasy XV-2015 release year looks to be right

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Sep 26, 2013
As true as that maybe, they haven't "officially gave that info till that website.
No. It's all old information that was officially released many months ago.

At E3 2013, Square Enix released a brief description of the 5 main characters and revealed their Japanese voice actors. They also officially released a story synopsis too.

The battle system bit on those pages is not only stuff we heard at E313, but also at the 1st PD Premiere Event too. So not only is it several years old, not much has changed either.

Also, you don't need to hear it from Microsoft and Sony in order for it to be official. They're not the ones making the game.

Last edited:

kamikki

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 18, 2013
Finland
Anyway, I want to believe that the game will be released sooner rather than later, but the signs I read tell me otherwise.
Here's hoping E3 will prove me wrong.

A Q4 2015 release in Japan is the most solid guess right now. If we end up getting it earlier, all the better. I do think the majority of things in the game must be pretty advanced into development right now. They're supposed to be working on it since 2006 which is eight years already. They've had enough time to even change the entire gameplay, I remember a very old trailer showing some fights that looked extremely similar to a KH game and last year's E3 trailer showed a very different approach even though it's still an action JRPG.

If Square wants people to keep interest in the game, they're forced to show it at E3 AND TGS. Not only one of those. We haven't been this hyped about it since back in 2013. I even remember a lot of us in social networks spreading a rumor about the game being canned back in 2012.

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
A Q4 2015 release in Japan is the most solid guess right now. If we end up getting it earlier, all the better. I do think the majority of things in the game must be pretty advanced into development right now. They're supposed to be working on it since 2006 which is eight years already. They've had enough time to even change the entire gameplay, I remember a very old trailer showing some fights that looked extremely similar to a KH game and last year's E3 trailer showed a very different approach even though it's still an action JRPG.

If Square wants people to keep interest in the game, they're forced to show it at E3 AND TGS. Not only one of those. We haven't been this hyped about it since back in 2013. I even remember a lot of us in social networks spreading a rumor about the game being canned back in 2012.
Q4 2015...? I know you people like to keep your expectations low, but that's a bit ridiculous.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
One thing to consider is that the game isn't as large as it always was; Nomura said - in a very round-about way - that his broader idea for the plot had been sliced into multiple chapters that could be told across multiple games. At least that's how I read it, and somebody in the know compared the situation to making one Harry Potter/The Hobbit to me. If they've done that, it does mean less areas to create and less to animate, inevitably, which means they can churn it out faster.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
One thing to consider is that the game isn't as large as it always was; Nomura said - in a very round-about way - that his broader idea for the plot had been sliced into multiple chapters that could be told across multiple games. At least that's how I read it, and somebody in the know compared the situation to making one Harry Potter/The Hobbit to me. If they've done that, it does mean less areas to create and less to animate, inevitably, which means they can churn it out faster.
So we're all almost certainly guaranteed future FFXV games.

Interesting. It's certainly a way to try and reconcile the need to release something regularly, as well as the basic practical problems of trying to develop games that big in scope that a regular release of them would be improbable, as well as trying to be innovative after the largely failed results of the Lightning trilogy.

But.

I don't like the idea. I've joked about a FFXV "Prologus" game, perhaps akin to what Kojima has just done for MGS 5, because the company's financial reports like to talk about trying to monetise a game before it's out or something, but to chop the game up into episodes would really irk me. It works well enough for adventure games like what Telltale makes, and despite the artificiality of it, Broken Sword 5, but I'm not convinced that it will work well for an entire RPG. Well, it could, but I'm a bit prejudiced by my general displeasure at the idea. I miss the idea of self-contained mainline games.

Nov 29, 2013
Really? I thought he said the XV story would have a fitting conclusion, but with room for expansion. It's been a while since I read that quote.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
I think I read it differently. What I understood was that the story was going to be done in this game, but there could be room to expand the universe. Noctis and Co.---XV, Versus universe---XV-2 (?)

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
I think it's a bit of both in terms of the slogan, but there is no disputing that Nomura said that the game will have sequels and that there's more story "than can be told" in one game and all that.. there will be sequels. It's one of the only ways for Square to make it economical.

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
I think it's a bit of both in terms of the slogan, but there is no disputing that Nomura said that the game will have sequels and that there's more story "than can be told" in one game and all that.. there will be sequels. It's one of the only ways for Square to make it economical.
That's what they "said". but recent events of their recent sequels non-success ( Especially LR:FFXIII. I question that statement now whether or not they will really pursue the sequels. Perhaps they are taking this long because they want to cram it all in one game. who knows.