Final Fantasy XV Demo: Availability and Release Timing Discussed

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Arcana

Yevonite
Sep 28, 2013

Tabata confirms demo is downloadable, and not on-disc.

“For the users who have been waiting, we really wanted to provide a version of the game that could be played as soon as possible, so we thought up this sort of gift,” Tabata said about the demo.

“But rather than make it available forever, we’re thinking of a cut-off period. It wouldn’t be a very long period, in order to make its existence feel a little more special.”

It should be noted that, for now, this is something still under consideration at Square Enix rather than a definite decision.

While the demo’s contents have yet to be detailed, it will run players one hour at minimum, two hours at normal play, or three to four hours if you really play into it.

Tabata also said that they’re going to be listening to fan feedback on the demo, and want to create a place where users can share their thoughts.
Via Gematsu.

Last edited:
Tabata confirms demo is downloadable, and not on-disc.
I expected that. Still, it would have been nice to pick up the disc and know that everything is in there. While this is no biggie, I miss those days of not having to screw around with downloading and installing everything.

“But rather than make it available forever, we’re thinking of a cut-off period. It wouldn’t be a very long period, in order to make its existence feel a little more special.”

Of course you'll do it. It provides great incentive for as many people as possible to pre-order your game or pick it up at full price. Your bosses at the finance department will be rubbing their hands with glee at the mere thought of this.

It looks like I will probably miss out on the demo then, because I have my reasons for not picking Type-0 HD up straight away.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Makes sense, they want to ensure that their efforts for making Type-0 HD aren't going to waste, adding the demo as a timed event gives them good sales numbers at the launch of the game.

It's not really surprising either that it's only available for a limited time, as there's no reason to keep the demo going for long as they want to take in feedback from the demo to make potential adjustments to the game. This ensures that anyone who wants to submit feedback will NEED to do so in a certain window of time. No waiting until the middle of next year to get the demo to submit your feedback, as this causes a mess when it comes to organizing this information.

It makes sense on a business end and a practical end in many senses.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Makes sense, they want to ensure that their efforts for making Type-0 HD aren't going to waste, adding the demo as a timed event gives them good sales numbers at the launch of the game.

It's not really surprising either that it's only available for a limited time, as there's no reason to keep the demo going for long as they want to take in feedback from the demo to make potential adjustments to the game. This ensures that anyone who wants to submit feedback will NEED to do so in a certain window of time. No waiting until the middle of next year to get the demo to submit your feedback, as this causes a mess when it comes to organizing this information.

It makes sense on a business end and a practical end in many senses.
As you said it makes sense, it is not like they will be reading 3+monfhs of feedback and make changes in the fly as more feedback is submited.
Also said feedback i think it will only influence more likely in the game's extra content/side quest exploration and at most very minimun changes to specific gameplay aspects(moreover they already have something build and i dont think they trash years of work to make 180ºchange) and some technical performances.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
I'd love to see a collector's edition of Type-0 HD with a retail copy of the XV demo. But that probably won't happen. ^^

Oct 8, 2014
It looks like I will probably miss out on the demo then, because I have my reasons for not picking Type-0 HD up straight away.
You already played it im guessing. I've been tempted to play it on a emulator, but march isn't too far off so ill probably hold out till i can play a real HD version.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Strange how the demo is still "under consideration". It should be a sure thing by now I would think.

You already played it im guessing. I've been tempted to play it on a emulator, but march isn't too far off so ill probably hold out till i can play a real HD version.
I haven't, no.

I've things going on in my life by the time the New Year rolls in and it won't be an optimal time for me to do much extensive gaming. On top of that I don't think I can excuse a heavy investment in something like a PS4 or Xbox One with the full price of the game to go along with a console price tag. As I'm convinced that FFXV itself won't hit the shelves until sometime in 2016, I wasn't thinking of going near a current generation machine or Type-0 HD until much later in the year. To think that I may well end up being penalised because I'm not planning to be one of the early purchasers irks me that way.

Of course, I don't want to project the impression that I'm only in it for the Duscae demo. It won't be a dealbreaker. Hopefully a price cut by then will make the game more attractive to a fiscally tight person like me, but I'll still be left knowing full well that it would lack one of the major advertised components of the package.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
I'm kinda confused. If I pre-order Type-0 HD and get the download code will I be able to redeem it whenever I want? Or will there be a date where they stop allowing the redeeming of codes?