Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Oh, I'm in way too deep to go skipping this event. Not this guy. Not a chance. I'd never make it. If I skip this, I'll crack anyway. My only hope is that nothing too major gets shown.

Besides, this is an event. It's part of the fun, this hype train. A lot of questions will be answered. Hopefully new questions to ponder while we wait. Plus there's that part where the internet implodes for a couple days. That will be entertaining.

Sep 26, 2013
They wouldn't spoil anything, they haven't so far there's no reason for them to. Something I think a lot of people forget is that we know next to NOTHING about this game really.

Who is the real villain? What other party members will we get? What is the real goal in stealing the crystal? What is Noct's powers? What's the reason the star plague? Tons of other questions that we can't even ask because we don't even have information to ask them! People think that by revealing certain characters or minor introductory plot points it's spoiling, but honestly without context especially nothing can truly be spoiled to you.

People call movie trailers these days spoilers, but how many times have you watched a movie trailer, not realize what you just saw, watch the movie, and realize that nothing was spoiled to you, only to look back at the trailer and see things you could perceive as a spoiler, but without context you realize that it's completely lost on newcomers.

I hope that you who chose to hold out will have enough willpower for it, me... no chance in hell! :cactuar:
I don't think anyone abstaining thinks it's spoiler territory, Leon. I think they'd just prefer to experience it in-game for the first time when it will have the most wow-factor and impact. Doesn't seem unreasonable to me, there are lots of things I wish I'd seen for the first time in-game rather than in a trailer.

RetroPS4

Chocobo Knight
Aug 10, 2015
Speaking of that... does anyone think SE is going to confirm the PC version at this event?
No, no way. They will announce the PC version after they have gotten all the console sales they can. In other words, my best bet is it probably will be announced next january-ish.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I don't think anyone abstaining thinks it's spoiler territory, Leon.
There are people who think things they've shown have been spoilers though, that's what I mean. And yeah, I know some people just want to go in with little information.

Speaking of that... does anyone think SE is going to confirm the PC version at this event?
No.

No, no way. They will announce the PC version after they have gotten all the console sales they can. In other words, my best bet is it probably will be announced next january-ish.
Considering that's how they ran with all the other games that came to PC, it wouldn't surprise me. Real shame though, SE showing that their flagship IP gets equal treatment across all platforms would've been a nice move on their part. But it doesn't matter as long as they publish it on Steam and not through MS's app store like Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Looked up the details for the Uncovered Event btw.... the actual event is at 04:00 in the night with the RBTV program being just a lead-up. Not sure how to handle this.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
While I totally understand why people would lament the idea of the PC version coming out after the consoles, but from a business standpoint, it makes a lot of sense. For one, I'm sure they get at least some kind of boost in relations with Microsoft and Sony, if not money outright for temporary console exclusivity, but they'l also get some people's money twice. People like me who aren't going to wait for a PC release and who might also just be dumb enough to buy the game all over again for the shinier graphics.

Zero chance they announce anything more than a "maybe someday" in regards to a PC port.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I don't think anyone is complaining about them. Leopold_Bloom was a friend of mine from before this place, and what he's talking about is that he's already made up his mind, he's going to get this game regardless, so doesn't need any more hype. Rather than watch the trailer, he would rather just be surprised. He's not complaining that they're going to reveal too much, he's just saying he's skipping the event because he'd rather go into it as blind as he can.

Nothin' wrong with that. I don't think he'll make it, but nothin wrong with trying :p

Sep 26, 2013
I don't think anyone is complaining about them. Leopold_Bloom was a friend of mine from before this place, and what he's talking about is that he's already made up his mind, he's going to get this game regardless, so doesn't need any more hype. Rather than watch the trailer, he would rather just be surprised. He's not complaining that they're going to reveal too much, he's just saying he's skipping the event because he'd rather go into it as blind as he can.

Nothin' wrong with that. I don't think he'll make it, but nothin wrong with trying :p
The way LeonBlade explained it made it sound like he wasn't talking about anyone in here, to me. I've seen what he's talking about elsewhere for sure.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Since videogames are an interactive medium each player will experience certain things different from another player.
From a gameplay perspective, you are correct in most cases.

I can be spoiled how certain mechaniques work and the ideas behind them but I will never be spoiled how said mechaniques feel and are executed once I mput my will in the controller.
So you are talking from a gameplay perspective? I was talking more in terms of the story being spoiled. But be it gameplay or story, both aspects of a game can be spoiled for people to varying degrees.

Last edited:

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
I totally understand why people would lament the idea of the PC version coming out after the consoles
I personally don't really lament the idea because I'm happy to buy the game again for PC after playing on console. But for those not willing to, I can see how they would lament the idea since they'd have to wait for the PC version to release.

I'm not that patient xD

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I personally don't really lament the idea because I'm happy to buy the game again for PC after playing on console. But for those not willing to, I can see how they would lament the idea since they'd have to wait for the PC version to release.

I'm not that patient xD
That's EXACTLY where I'm at. I don't have the strength (or desire) to wait any longer than I absolutely have to on the game itself, and by the time it's out for the PC, I'll be ready for my 4th playthrough anyway :)