Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Tabata said you will come back to Insomnia before though.
Oh, you'll come back alright.

Just in time
to watch Bahamut destroy the whole city

But I'm banking on them being smarter than me. Either way, though, I'd place a pretty confident bet that we can't explore Insomnia.

Jul 16, 2015
Oh, you'll come back alright.

Just in time
to watch Bahamut destroy the whole city

But I'm banking on them being smarter than me. Either way, though, I'd place a pretty confident bet that we can't explore Insomnia.
I think people are overlooking the fact that FF games are rarely so simple and that something far more important than simply taking back a kingdom will be happening. Let's not forget about plague of stars and those three deity's from the Dawn trailer. It may be possible that we will see Insomnia mid way through the game but I don't know. We really haven't seen much of the game honestly. It feels like they have shown us a lot but we really haven't seen much. Just about everything we have seen so far has been around the first couple of chapters. I expect there to be a lot of amazing things throughout this game that no one is expecting.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I think people are overlooking the fact that FF games are rarely so simple and that something far more important than simply taking back a kingdom will be happening. Let's not forget about plague of stars and those three deity's from the Dawn trailer. It may be possible that we will see Insomnia mid way through the game but I don't know. We really haven't seen much of the game honestly. It feels like they have shown us a lot but we really haven't seen much. Just about everything we have seen so far has been around the first couple of chapters. I expect there to be a lot of amazing things throughout this game that no one is expecting.
Yeah, getting back the city is important, but there is a greater evil in XV's story and a greater villain.

Djordan117

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Apr 5, 2016
I really hope Doomtrain isn't in FFXV x)
According to Tabata, Archaeans look like Gods who have been existing since centuries, a train can't be a god *.*
And if there are battles between Archaens, I can't imagine Doomtrain against Titan or Ramuth *.*

But this ring of FF8 is interesting ! I remember it's a Nomura's idea, so maybe he has take up the idea but with an other beast. I hope so !

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
damn, it's one of those crazy summons that can lead to surprising moments.
can't wait to see how they'll fit a train in the lore, maybe Doomtrain could be a train which carries the dead, a "train of the afterlife".

Nov 17, 2014
Either way, though, I'd place a pretty confident bet that we can't explore Insomnia.
I remember, I think it was Naora, that he said not all buildings are accessible.
That's so awesome ^.^
The Ring of the Lucii (FFXV) and the description of the ring in FFVIII to summon Doomtrain

A convergence has occured! How many have been up until now?

Noctis_Caelum

Chocobo Knight
Jul 15, 2014
According to Tabata, Archaeans look like Gods who have been existing since centuries, a train can't be a god *.*
And if there are battles between Archaens, I can't imagine Doomtrain against Titan or Ramuth *.*

But this ring of FF8 is interesting ! I remember it's a Nomura's idea, so maybe he has take up the idea but with an other beast. I hope so !
I remember Tabata siad that one esper will completely different than usually.
So perhaps Doomstrain will look very different.

Also the connection between FF XV and VIII is very interesting. ^o^

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
Tabata/Poffley in GameReactor's video interview confirms that the summons in XV are indeed called "Astrals."

Also, about what kind of places we'll explore; Tabata told 4Gamer that players will start off in places that are similar to those in the real world, and as they progress through the game, the areas will become more fantastical. Moving from reality to fantasy was done to help newcomers to the series ease into the game and also to cater to long-time FF fans.

Jul 16, 2015
Tabata/Poffley in GameReactor's video interview confirms that the summons in XV are indeed called "Astrals."

Also, about what kind of places we'll explore; Tabata told 4Gamer that players will start off in places that are similar to those in the real world, and as they progress through the game, the areas will become more fantastical. Moving from reality to fantasy was done to help newcomers to the series ease into the game and also to cater to long-time FF fans.
I always love listening to that translator lol. He is probably the best I have ever heard.

oimori

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Apr 9, 2016

I really love that concept of game progress.

Jul 16, 2015
Tabata just said in an article that there is a secret boss in the Platinum demo. Has anyone found it?.

Edit: I just checked and I think it is just a harder version of the iron golem.

Last edited:

RetroPS4

Chocobo Knight
Aug 10, 2015

Hmm it looks like you may be disappointed, you know what they say, where there is smoke...
I remember Tabata siad that one esper will completely different than usually.
So perhaps Doomstrain will look very different.

Also the connection between FF XV and VIII is very interesting. ^o^
People have seen connections between VIII and XV for a while, because of the art style, and now this. Very interesting, and if we are right about our speculation, we have an idea of what he will look like right here in this painting:)

Last edited: