Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

NemesisSP

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 1, 2013
I think it's better this way, controlling the other party members won't be as satisfying, so being able to direct commands is ultimately the best decision for the game. I'm glad they made it look like you control them with the camera though, really makes it look really fun and cool.
I do not agree with this, but I will respect that not everyone believes controlling the whole party would make the game a better experience. But I think it does highlight that I don't think the gameplay was that difficult to implement the option to control them, it's just that certain people seemed to have difficulty in it.

RetroPS4

Chocobo Knight
Aug 10, 2015
I appreciate this board. I really do. There's a good kind of pressure to put some thought into our posts, and it's rewarded with quality discussion. In this case, that pressure prompted me to really nail down and articulate why I believe this. It was one of those things. I couldn't put my finger on it.

The reason Ramuh gave us nerdgasms the first time we saw him was because they made the world look so life like and real. That's why there's this gas station and roads and whatnot to establish the setting as something vaguely familiar. By the time a 700 goddamn foot Gandalf shows up, the contrast to the "real world" amplifies the effect. You believe it more. It's in this real world. (And they did this on purpose. They know what they're doing and this is why I think this game is going to be huge, but I digress).

The same effect will be in place with the combat. I believe that relative power difference will make Noctis feel like one of -if not the- most "powerful" characters in the series. I think it's intentional. Think about the Genesis of all of this. Every fanboy crackpot amazing theory on the 'net all cones from that one scene where Noctis walks down the stairs. That was all about how badass he was. So badass he was bored taking out a whole army by himself.

It's about HIM. I know it's about his love for his dad, and his bros, all that, but it's going to be more about how they give *him* the strength. Each one is still ultimately supposed to represent different aspects of him. He's the star of the show. Character switching is for ensemble casts.
Spot on about feeling compelled to make rational-well thought out arguments and getting rewarded with similarly well-thought out, but still passionate responses is really something extremely rare on the internet and I really hope it stays like that here:) As to your succinct point about the gameplay itself, I don't think I could have said it better myself. As much as I love the E3 2013 Gameplay reveal recreation of that scene with Noctis coming down the stairs moment, as soon as I saw Gladio, Prompto, and Ignis with him, I felt a little deflated in my excitement. Something about seeing him by himself taking on that army, that's god tier awesome! Overall, I want the interaction between all of them, but that scene, for some reason is just better by himself.

Now post this on gamefaqs and bask in the leveled headed and intelligent discussions you will have lol. I was about to post earlier about how great of a forum this is. I love that there isn't really any trolling and people don't argue much either. It feels like everything is very focused when dealing with the game itself instead devolving into major thread derailing posts that last for many many pages. Thank you to everyone here for being awesome. Also I love your post here. Very thoughtful and I agree with you.
Don't you know it. I actually signed up at Gamefaqs before Mognet, to post about the Regis re-design reveal at Gamescom and my thread immediately devolved into garbage trolling and was generally just depressing. I found Mognet a couple months after that, and the rest, as they say is history. Thanks everyone for continuing to be awesome!!

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
But I think it does highlight that I don't think the gameplay was that difficult to implement the option to control them, it's just that certain people seemed to have difficulty in it.
I think it has more to do with making it work in the game from a design perspective, not a development one, yeah.

Now post this on gamefaqs and bask in the leveled headed and intelligent discussions you will have lol. I was about to post earlier about how great of a forum this is. I love that there isn't really any trolling and people don't argue much either. It feels like everything is very focused when dealing with the game itself instead devolving into major thread derailing posts that last for many many pages. Thank you to everyone here for being awesome. Also I love your post here. Very thoughtful and I agree with you.
I'm always happy to see a lot of new posters here, one thing I notice is that when I disagree with people I tend to have a back and forth conversation that sometimes alienates people but I try my best not to make things personal. So, just again for anyone that is reading this, know that my intentions aren't hostile if I disagree with your points or argue against it, it's just how I vocalize my own opinions. I feel very strongly about what I talk about, so often it might seem like I'm being harsh or rude, I hope that no one gets that impression from me, as I greatly appreciate any and every opinion given here by every person.

check this interview, Tabata is saying the car will have another form; but this directly contradicts a prior article (from a site I can't remember) saying the flying Regalia would be the only transformation...

my body is ready
I don't remember that, but I do have to wonder what the final upgrade will be... Honestly, it feels like anything is possible.

RetroPS4

Chocobo Knight
Aug 10, 2015
check this interview, Tabata is saying the car will have another form; but this directly contradicts a prior article (from a site I can't remember) saying the flying Regalia would be the only transformation...

my body is ready
I believe this particular instance is not a pure contradiction, lol those are adding up though aren't they:p In some interview between Gamescom and TGS of last year, Tabata-san said that the Regalia can get certain "modification upgrades" I think at the time, he was talking about it like in car customization games where you can get better tires or a faster engine, something like that. Obviously at that time no one thought, make it fly, lol. But there we go, that's our ultimate upgrade which we will be able to attain near the end of the game. I believe that was how it was stated, not that it was the only upgrade. He did say at one of the Uncovered interviews, that it could not become a boat though, so maybe that is why people thought the airship ability was the only upgrade.

EDIT: Oops, I didn't watch the whole interview, so yeah. This is intimating that the airship version is...NOT EVEN ITS FINAL FORM! Sorry, I couldn't resist. Ahem, maybe ol' Cid will help us turn it into a rocket so we can
finally reach Luna. It will turn out she turned into the moon and that was the only way we could be with her:dead:

Last edited:

RetroPS4

Chocobo Knight
Aug 10, 2015
In the 2nd video "first chapter exploring" of GI, I found out that while Prompto is running you can see on the minimap that there are possible all icons represented.
Also, you can get a map of Lucis.

Another found, is that an elavator??
Perhaps you can use it to get to the roof.^^
Ohhhh, 1 step closer to Lucis/city of Insomnia exploration confirmed!!!
After its been destroyed... :(

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
In the 2nd video "first chapter exploring" of GI, I found out that while Prompto is running you can see on the minimap that there are possible all icons represented.
Also, you can get a map of Lucis.

Another found, is that an elavator??
Perhaps you can use it to get to the roof.^^
I really like the idea of collecting maps in the game for certain areas, I hope they do that in this game. It kind of reminds me of FFXI where you had to buy maps for each area you wanted to go to, otherwise you would be completely lost.

masterlobo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 23, 2013
Random thought of the day:

If this game has already sold 30,000 copies of the Ultimate Collector's Edition, which are priced at 269.99 each, then SE has already made $8,099,700 USD out of this game.

That might cover the paycheck for Aaron Paul.

In all seriousness, how much money do you guys think they need to make to break even?
-Production costs
-Distribution costs
-Marketing costs
-Certification costs
-Legal costs
-Retailer costs
-Development costs (employee salaries, facilities, traveling, computers, cameras)
-Localization costs
-Voice actors
-Hollywood voice actors for Kingslaive
-Kingslaive
-The mobile apps
-Brotherhood
-Florence + The Machine

As excited as I am for this game, I can't help but think it's a very risky gamble for SE.

Let's hope it pays off!

Noctis_Caelum

Chocobo Knight
Jul 15, 2014
I really like the idea of collecting maps in the game for certain areas, I hope they do that in this game. It kind of reminds me of FFXI where you had to buy maps for each area you wanted to go to, otherwise you would be completely lost.
I like it too, but I'm also surprised that the minimap and possibly the normal map in the menu too are designed like a picture token from a satellite.
So really detailed and I love it.^^
Since FF X, XIII Saga had only the necessities and looked like a sketch.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Since for whatever reason the GI update is not live yet, I'll just leave this here..
So we may have the name of the other Mobile game Sakaguchi-san mentioned on the stream this morning. "FFXV LITE"
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=200995374&postcount=239
I wonder what FFXV LITE would possible be.

I like it too, but I'm also surprised that the minimap and possibly the normal map in the menu too are designed like a picture token from a satellite.
So really detailed and I love it.^^
Since FF X, XIII Saga had only the necessities and looked like a sketch.
Yeah, I really like it as well.

Oct 19, 2013
I wonder what FFXV LITE would possible be.
Honestly, the "hold to button to automatically guard and attack" lends itself to a mobile streaming version if you think about it :D Maybe it's something like the now defunct Dive In service that streamed a version of FFXIII running in a cloud on smartphones in Japan. Then you could also have automatic weapon switching to make it easier when playing on phones. Mark my words. That's their solution for the problem with the dying Japanese console market.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I was recently thinking about, How do you think the save game system will work? Only on specific location (save points)? Autosave once you reach a certain checkpoint or complete a mission?

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Save when you camp and certain checkpoints. That's how it is in Duscae, anyway. Obviously things may have changed. But in Duscae, it saves when you camp and there's at leat once checkpoint at the entrance of the cave. I would imagine there's another one when entering the Behemoth's den, but that's just a logi-guess.