Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Speaking of doing well, how much you think XV actually needs to sell to be a sucess in S.E eyes?
Well, I might put the total figure at around six million. I believe they estimated that XIII would sell around five million worldwide, and it cleared that by over a million units. It would be silly to overestimate sales expectations, even with the expected entry in a major brand. Something I do think is that first week sales will be higher in the West than in Japan: not only will it be going against other titles such as Persona and Dragon Quest (both firm JP favorites), but action RPGs seem to be less popular than they are in the West. Final Fantasy isn't the giant it used to be, so they can't expect the massive targets of their earlier entries.
Personally, I'd put their Japanese figures at maybe 500,000 to one million, with figures going into the millions in North America and Europe. It will probably be an unknown quantity in South America, so who knows whether it will see commercial success there.
Something else to consider is the budget: they've said it was being kept under control, but we still don't know how much is being spent on it, and that's before any marketing costs. Something I do think is that they're trying to avoid the spiraling costs of the XIII games by taming and modernizing their development methods. That's something Tabata would probably be good at, as he's spent the majority of his career at Square Enix working with mobile and portable titles, which by definition have smaller budgets than home console titles.
Ideally, it will be a massive success and get into the double figures due to it being for next-gen consoles, a long-awaited entry in the series and more accessible to gamers than many previous titles. A bit like how FE Awakening catapulted Fire Emblem sales for an individual game into the millions when it had hung around in the hundred thousands for all its life.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
A metascore that will based from a few dozen of reviewers out of the millon of players that will play the game, a sample that will bare be 0.01% of the total playerbase. This goes to both FFXV & P5 (and every product ever scored in Metacritic).
True, but there are very few other methods for accurately assessing a game's quality.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016

Brotherhood Ep 3 Trailer.

I mean, the whole thing is gonna be up tomorrow, but this is a fansite for FF games, and I hear we eat this crap up anyway :p

Last edited:

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Can't believe I'm actually excited about the next episode. The second one was pretty nice (the first one was considerably worse), and I've always been interested in Gladio's militar background.

So after this one comes Ignis' and then the final chapter, which I assume is going to dwell on Noctis' accident and defeating that Lamia.

Last edited:

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Can't believe I'm actually excited about the next episode.
Dude, I'm actually totally right there with you. I had absolutely no intention of liking the Anime at all, but it's got a little heart. I like it. I feel like the last one made me go from thinking Prompto is kind of annoying, but I'll tolerate him, to someone I want to root for. I already was a disciple of Abacus, so I'm looking forward to getting to know him better, too.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Yeah, I'm the same with Prompto: I find him annoying (both in English (especially) and in Japanese), but I actually found him very endearing because of that episode.

It's also the fact that noone expected his background to be like that. I'm sure most of us have had a head canon and theories for ages, but I definitively didn't see that coming. Very curious about Ignis too, considering he's from another region (according to Tabata).

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
"Partial nudity". That one's on you and you're shirtlessness, Gladio.
I think it might also have something to do with 87% of Cidney's tits.

Actually, someone on another site came up with a valid sounding thing, too, in that it could be like the old games where there might be a monster, maybe a little bit like a monster from FFVI that appears in the Altissia demo, that may show a little side-boob.

Or, could be some funny camp scene where they're roughhousing and one of them loses their pants in a funny way or something, too. I can picture Gladio picking Prompt up by the pants and he falls out of them or something, showing a little bit of naked man-ass for comic effect.