Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Actually, maybe it might be MP after all considering how Shurikens (which is definitely a phantom weapon) eat up plenty of it in the PD. Who knows...

I thought this was already confirmed? Or was that just me figuring that that's what "call a tow truck" must mean?
Most of the fast traveling sounded like Episode Duscae style.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Most of the fast traveling sounded like Episode Duscae style.
I remember it now, it was my own conjecture.

I can't believe I can't find a damn screenshot of this, but in the 53 minute demo, you can see a map. Cut to 6:35

You see some options:

Return to rest point <-- duscae style
Return to car <-- duscae style + car
and
Call Car
Tow Car

Now, if you can call the car to you, you don't need to tow your car to you, right? So the only reason I could imagine there were both options to choose from is if you select "Tow Car" to pay cindy to fast travel you to a place you've visited.

Sep 1, 2016
During the story, the party sometimes grows to five people. For now, we know that Cor and Luna are among the people who will lend the party a helping hand. Being a Lucian marshall, Cor's sword skills are beyond formidable. The details about Luna's participation are unknown for now, but considering her proactive personality, she can probably take care of herself.
Luna as a guest party member makes me super excited. I need to see her twirling that trident - it can't just be for show! I'm pretty sure we join her during the Levi fight...

Wait what? Armiger tied to HP?
well, the ring/crystal drains the vital energy of it's wearer, so maybe the HP thing is not a mistranslation.
I actually like the idea of there being a price to pay for using Armiger. It's a powerful attack that people should not be allowed to spam. I know it's something that charges up over time, but still, I like the idea of us having to be careful how we use it - much like how we have to be careful where and when to use magic. Remember how Noctis' team got electrocuted in that dungeon area? As for using the ring, it makes sense that it would drain the wearer as we all know it took a toll on Regis.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
In spite of all the juicy info we're getting, the one gameplay element that i'd like to see/hopefully improved by a bunch is Armiger.

E3 2013 and the October 2014 extended footage had the best looking one, so i hope the final game's version of it is more closer to those two. PD's Armiger was beyond shit.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Great find!

You can see how in that western continent, there's only a yellow line. I'm assuming it's the train (especially since that seems to be the continent Niflheim is (look at the airship, for example) in and because of the snowy mountains), so the whole "second half or so of the game is more linear, but you can return to the previous zones". Also, Tenebrae is closer to Duscae than I thought it would. Makes sense if Noctis and Regis travelled there for a while.

I hope we can still explore freely even if we don't have the car or something like that. I wonder if we can travel to some of those islands with the aircar, considering what Tabata said about otherwise unreachable places. Considering we see the Malboro place in that continent, it seems that way (it'd be weird if they heavily restricted our moves).

Can't wait.

Last edited: