Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Edda

Balamb Garden Freshman
Nov 5, 2016
I wouldn't be worry if the central plot is not "strong", from all the material released (previews, videos, interviews, etc) I was expecting XV to be a very (heavy) character focus-driven story rather than rather than plot-driven and for me it sure seens to be excelling in that front.
Sounds like a JRPG to me.

Jul 16, 2015
I'm not going to read the Edge impressions but it's nice to see people discussing it here. I understand how some people will get defensive over people with negative impressions out the gate. Just try not to beat each other up over it. :tonberry:
Yea sorry about that I take full responsibility for starting that crap. I was annoyed about the reactions but I took them out of context. I apologized to Storm and everyone else earlier but I think it got buried under all the new comments. I will pipe down. I promise.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
It was somewhat negative about the game. This is a fact. What matters next is whether the opinion is relevant to you. I'm frankly disgusted by some of the excuses levied here. Some of you are getting obnoxiously defensive, as if you can't trust yourself to like the game despite what anyone else thinks.
Defensiveness is inevitable when the first full-game preview comes from an outlet that described FFX's feature list as follows: "puzzles which involve little thought, but rely on systematic time-consuming trial and error, unbreakable animation sequences that initially impress, then subconsciously irritate; interminable FMV sequences immediately before unpredictably deadly boss encounters; infinite numbers of unavoidable, non-threatening random battles; an utterly linear room-by-room progression mechanism; and, in Tidus, perhaps the most irritating lead character Square has ever conceived, a squawking, petulant teen who it's near impossible to care for." They then went on to say that the voice acting "renders the pathos comedic, the comedy dead, and since emotion is meant to be the series' driving force, it butchers the whole game" and to describe the game as a whole as a "bloated false prophet come to steal away your time."

There's nothing disgusting about making excuses for the flaws perceived by a source who's almost objectively out of touch with the game's primary audience. It's only natural, really.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
See, now, this is what I just can't stand about today's society. That right there is a bullet point (the quote in the pic, not your reply), and that's the stuff people see. Not the content. It's so, so easy to interpret that in so many meaningless ways. That's the kind of thing that drives me nuts.

Like the 4-part absolutely glowing preview that came out last week or so. 4 separate articles of absolute GLOWING praise, but one sentence that sounds bad when taken out of context and that's the part that has a week-long run of people talking over each other about things that there just isn't enough data on to have a real, intelligent conversation about.
It was a joke.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Defensiveness is inevitable when the first full-game preview comes from an outlet that described FFX's feature list as follows: "puzzles which involve little thought, but rely on systematic time-consuming trial and error, unbreakable animation sequences that initially impress, then subconsciously irritate; interminable FMV sequences immediately before unpredictably deadly boss encounters; infinite numbers of unavoidable, non-threatening random battles; an utterly linear room-by-room progression mechanism; and, in Tidus, perhaps the most irritating lead character Square has ever conceived, a squawking, petulant teen who it's near impossible to care for." They then went on to say that the voice acting "renders the pathos comedic, the comedy dead, and since emotion is meant to be the series' driving force, it butchers the whole game" and to describe the game as a whole as a "bloated false prophet come to steal away your time."

There's nothing disgusting about making excuses for the flaws perceived by a source who's almost objectively out of touch with the game's primary audience. It's only natural, really.
Which is hilarious because i've played FFX multiple times and have almost none of those problems they had. "Random Encounters"....really? What about the last 9 games?

Edda

Balamb Garden Freshman
Nov 5, 2016
More like perspective. I have an autistic daughter with an immunodeficiency and a tube-fed baby with a genetic disorder.

Still not concerned with the quality of the game. I'm sure I'll love the hell out of it.
With all due respect, we are strangers here. From where I'm at, you just seemed like you were trying to guilt trip me over an embellished use of a word.

What are you talking about?
You said you didn't see anything resembling what I had talked about, so isn't that a good thing? It's an honest change of subject, because entertaining your request would have been a poor decision.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
So, does this mean an embargo has been lifted on the second round of previews and we should be expecting a huge dump of these today? Is that what the french video was?

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
With all due respect, we are strangers here. From where I'm at, you just seemed like you're trying to guilt trip me over an embellished use of a word.

You said you didn't see anything resembling what I had talked about, so isn't that a good thing? It's an honest change of subject, because entertaining your request would have been a poor decision.
I asked you who you were talking about, and instead of answering, you deflected. That's what I saw. And I asked you that because I think you're either taking something from other sites, or you misread something or something along those lines. Or, if your complaint it legit, then I'd like to know what it was that you were saying is out of line.

You can't just say you're disgusted with the people here and then get to weasel out quietly.

Jul 16, 2015
Can someone please clarify whether or not the guy from Edge played through the entire game?. I don't understand how he could have made it through in only 40 hours without rushing through with hardly doing any of the side quests and other activities. This just seems so weird to me.

Edda

Balamb Garden Freshman
Nov 5, 2016
I asked you who you were talking about, and instead of answering, you deflected. That's what I saw. And I asked you that because I think you're either taking something from other sites, or you misread something or something along those lines. Or, if your complaint it legit, then I'd like to know what it was that you were saying is out of line.

You can't just say you're disgusted with the people here and then get to weasel out quietly.
Woah, calm down. I don't see why you're getting so heated up over this. The precise reason why I 'deflected', or 'weaseled out quietly', is because at the end of the day, I'm not here to start a flame war. Just calm down.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
Can someone please clarify whether or not the guy from Edge played through the entire game?. I don't understand how he could have made it through in only 40 hours without rushing through with hardly doing any of the side quests and other activities. This just seems so weird to me.
He clearly rushed the through whole story. Maybe with a little bit side stuff like chocobos, just for cover it in his preview. Also alot of his statements just without actual context that didn't really tell me anything that i didn't know.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Woah, calm down. I don't see why you're getting so heated up over this. The precise reason why I 'deflected', or 'weaseled out quietly', is because at the end of the day, I'm not here to start a flame war. Just calm down.
You DID, though. You just popped in here and said people here were "disgusting", and now you're weaseling out. What are you talking about? You're the one being defensive about the comments you made in the first place.

Edit: I wasn't even actually getting "heated" until you weaseled out again. Now you're just obnoxious.