Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Pretty daft move to lock the game on easy mode. Literally no reason to do that. Just have a standard and easy mode included.

Doesn't matter for me though since I ain't touching the demo xD

Also I heard that Tabata said there will be exclusive look at the game after completing the demo and he in unsure if it's spoiler worthy. It could be or it couldn't be.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
Pretty daft move to lock the game on easy mode. Literally no reason to do that. Just have a standard and easy mode included.
Its for japs anyway, i read on gamefaqs that they afraid of game being too hard.
Jesus what happened to Japan? Is the same people who made tons of Devil May Cry and Bayonetta combo videos
Mobile gaming is total degradation.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016

Doesn't matter for me though since I ain't touching the demo xD

Also I heard that Tabata said there will be exclusive look at the game after completing the demo and he in unsure if it's spoiler worthy. It could be or it couldn't be.
The Japanese found ED hard, hence why they had to put in Easy mode.

I think he's trying to ease the Japanese into picking up the game so if it's too hard for them, they won't like it, therefore they won't buy it.

I remember a few months back there was a live Japanese showcase of the game. Guy was fighting a mini boss in the game and he got wrecked... 3 times. 3 game overs in the space of 15 minutes was extremely embarrassing and I remember the faces of the host and co-host - one of utter shock and "oh shit.. what do we do now?"

Not as planned.

The Japanese really struggle with this combat system from what I've seen.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Its for japs anyway, i read on gamefaqs that they afraid of game being too hard.
Jesus what happened to Japan? Is the same people who made tons of Devil May Cry and Bayonetta combo videos
Lol you probably saw me responding to a few people on there xD

I thought the same thing. Thought Japanese people were god tier when it came to games.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Yeh but why not just have an easy and normal mode?
Choice is nice. I'm sure there are some japanese gamers who like the challenge.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
I remember a few months back there was a live Japanese showcase of the game. Guy was fighting a mini boss in the game and he got wrecked... 3 times. 3 game overs in the space of 15 minutes was extremely embarrassing and I remember the faces of the host and co-host - one of utter shock and "oh shit.. what do we do now?"
I've seen this live. Yeah it was embarassing. I don't think Arachne was that hard, maybe guy was really underleveled? But he got his ass whooped hard.

Argento

Red Wings Commander
Nov 5, 2016
Also guys, be ready for another FFXV DRAMA EPISODE tomorrow once people get hands on the game. It will be a shitshow i can see it already.
People who always supporter the game start doubting about it a month before the release. That's fucking dumb, even because the game improved a lot, they had no reason to... I guess they get influenced by the overall pessimism coming from the skepticals.

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016
People really need to learn to take a step back and stop looking at every single business decision from the perspective of a hardcore fan (I believe most of us fall in that latter group).

Us fans will already buy the game. No matter what they show or do (or don't), we're there day one (raise your hand if you've already pre-ordered and even paid for the game*). This demo isn't meant for us. In fact, a lot of marketing material surrounding XV hasn't been for us.

Every thing they do has a very specific goal and target audience in mind. Even if we think it's a stupid move, there's still a rational behind it from their perspective.

There's enough doubt and confusion present in the Japanese market regarding this game and said doubt is centered around a few aspects. This demo is aimed to address (a few) of those aspects. The difficulty of the game is one of them.

And no, when talking about "Japan" it's not meant as a generalization. The Japanese gaming market is insanely huge. What I've written about hardcore gamers also applies to a large group of Japanese gamers. They're already there day one together with us. This demo isn't aimed at them either. So no, "Japan" isn't suddenly bad at games because the gaming market is huge there. There's an immensely large more casual gaming market there to which a story-driven, beautiful-looking and wonderful-sounding game appeals to, while they might not be skilled enough to tackle the normal difficulty of the game. This is a huge market as well and SE is trying to tap that market.

In the end, it's a good thing they're doing this because it can potentially lead to much more sales and that's good for the future of FF.

*Bought the Pro and PSVR yesterday, have the Deluxe Edition of the game pre-ordered since around the Uncovered event.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Yeah I think this demo is a good move on SE part, difficulty level included. Would be great if more people picked up some copies over there as a result of this demo.

Tomorrow morning I expect lot's of hyperbole, both positive and negative. Internet likes to lose its mind over minute things unfortunately.

People who always supporter the game start doubting about it a month before the release. That's fucking dumb, even because the game improved a lot, they had no reason to... I guess they get influenced by the overall pessimism coming from the skepticals.
Yeah I've always found this weird.

People should be able to make up their own minds and be independent with their thoughts instead of relying on others heavily. Disturbing thing is, this is for a game only. Imagine what they're like when it comes to the important things in life o_O

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Looking at the cover, I kinda wish the party was composed of 5 dudes so that we could a more simetric formation (The King on the center and 2 Kingsglaives on his left and right), a pedantic wish I know :p.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
People really need to learn to take a step back and stop looking at every single business decision from the perspective of a hardcore fan (I believe most of us fall in that latter group).

Us fans will already buy the game. No matter what they show or do (or don't), we're there day one (raise your hand if you've already pre-ordered and even paid for the game*). This demo isn't meant for us. In fact, a lot of marketing material surrounding XV hasn't been for us.

Every thing they do has a very specific goal and target audience in mind. Even if we think it's a stupid move, there's still a rational behind it from their perspective.

There's enough doubt and confusion present in the Japanese market regarding this game and said doubt is centered around a few aspects. This demo is aimed to address (a few) of those aspects. The difficulty of the game is one of them.

And no, when talking about "Japan" it's not meant as a generalization. The Japanese gaming market is insanely huge. What I've written about hardcore gamers also applies to a large group of Japanese gamers. They're already there day one together with us. This demo isn't aimed at them either. So no, "Japan" isn't suddenly bad at games because the gaming market is huge there. There's an immensely large more casual gaming market there to which a story-driven, beautiful-looking and wonderful-sounding game appeals to, while they might not be skilled enough to tackle the normal difficulty of the game. This is a huge market as well and SE is trying to tap that market.

In the end, it's a good thing they're doing this because it can potentially lead to much more sales and that's good for the future of FF.

*Bought the Pro and PSVR yesterday, have the Deluxe Edition of the game pre-ordered since around the Uncovered event.
I wouldn't necessarily assume that the demo is only meant for non-fans -- non-fans of XV, certainly, but if there's negative sentiment from the internet in Japan, it's more likely to be coming from fans of previous FFs who are wondering "What did you do to my FF?!" than from people who weren't interested in the series in the first place.

With that said, that sort of FF fan is exactly the type of person who could be best served by a demo showing them that they weren't tossed aside in the switch to real-time combat. The Judgment demo seems to be intended to say, "You don't need to be good at action games to play this. You can play it like an RPG," which is exactly what those sorts need to hear.

The only thing I don't get is why Tabby only implemented two difficulty settings in the first place. FFXV seems like exactly the sort of game that could benefit from a Mass Effect style trivialize-the-gameplay mode.