Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
And video message instead of showing up? Definitely Nomura.
It's certainly easy to connect "video message" with Nomura, isn't it? XD; He's not the only figure at Squenix that appears in prerecorded videos, but most of the other lead creatives at Squenix are more associated with the Active Time Report style of communication (or weird stage events like Toriyama =P ), while Nomura's sort of infamous for recording off-the-cuff videos wearing Roen shirts and baseball caps (to hide his bed hair).

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
I'll be honest, Nomura speaking about XV would be great. It's not that they need to normalize the situation (especially not now that the game has been out for quite some time), but it would be nice if this happened. Let's see who "that person" is, but, although I don't think it'll be him, the combination of video message and S-E developer surely fits Nomura better than anyone haha.

It's a shame that the juiciest parts of Versus/XV's development won't probably be ever disclosed :(. An hours long post-mortem-like documentary of this game would be fucking gold.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
The graphics looked a lot better. =( Not to mention, that's not really the direction you should take if you're trying to say that Squenix's real problem is announcing things too early. XD;
TBH I don't see many people say that, I really don't, and a lot of it seems like something that can be fixed before release, I think Sora's animation looks a lot better in the recent trailers than the 2013 ones, he looked a bit stiff.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Can you not read? I'm tired of coming to the FFXV thread to see if people have any insight into news and events surrounding FFXV and all I keep reading about is a game that doesn't exist or even been announced. Either drop it, or go to the thread SPECIFICALLY for this hypothetical game you're talking about.

If you don't I'm just going to assume you're a troll and report your posts. We're civil around here and like to debate and discuss topics relevant to the thread. You're getting in the way of that.

On Topic - Looking forward to see what this ATR brings on the 2nd, hoping to maybe get a glimpse at some gameplay of the coming DLC, if not at least a little more detail into them. I've been waiting to replay the game (the NG+ was a joke imo) I'd like to see a reason to put another healthy 60 hours into it.
I simply stated Square shouldn't show too early to avoid messes like this, how on earth is that trolling?

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
How can you say this when you've compared Tabata to Sean Murray? Sean Murray. The liar of the century according to the Internet. Liars aren't transparent. That's why they're accused of lying and labelled liars.
Sean Murray and Tabata are no where near equal in terms of liars, It's like comparing the devil to Pinocchio. Sean Murray straight up lied, Tabata he told it like it was, he was in no way shape and form Murray/

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
TBH I don't see many people say that, I really don't, and a lot of it seems like something that can be fixed before release, I think Sora's animation looks a lot better in the recent trailers than the 2013 ones, he looked a bit stiff.
I've seen a lot of complaints about the character models used in the UE4 KH games, albeit less recently thanks to an improvement from "egregiously bad" (that Terra model in the 0.2 demo D= ) to "okay to good, most of the time" (Aqua in the full game version of 0.2). The animations are obviously more complete now than they were back then, but the initial character model is still a million times closer to what we see from Visual Works than what we have now.

I'm also kind of salty that you can't actually jump on top of the Demon Wave enemy, because that would have made things a lot easier. XD;

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
I've seen a lot of complaints about the character models used in the UE4 KH games, albeit less recently thanks to an improvement from "egregiously bad" (that Terra model in the 0.2 demo D= ) to "okay to good, most of the time" (Aqua in the full game version of 0.2). The animations are obviously more complete now than they were back then, but the initial character model is still a million times closer to what we see from Visual Works than what we have now.

I'm also kind of salty that you can't actually jump on top of the Demon Wave enemy, because that would have made things a lot easier. XD;
Yeah I'm aware about that, but I think close to release they will get closer to looking like the Luminous designs, but I have never seen anything close to FFXV's level of just( cutting I mean look at that Leviathan fight), and if I'm being honest they look pretty close to me, it's not there are vast differences that make it look unrecognizable, also the heartless thing, it will probably happen.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Kingdom Hearts 3 first teaser was fully CG, and it shows: it looks MILES better than what we currently have. Maybe the animations are a bit stiff (they probably ripped the ones from KH 2) and the environment looks pretty bland and empty, but current KH3 doesn't come close to the initial trailer in terms of character model (nor it should, as Sora's first model was straight-up CG).

The Leviathan fight huge downgrade has a good explanation (it was still pretty unimpressive and ugly in the final game, though: they could have done a much better job), and that's that the FF XV E3 trailer was incredibly touched up, with huge amounts of non real-time CG there, especially in the Altissia parts. The character models, however, look considerably worse: they really show their PS3 immediate past.

Let's see what they talk about in the ATR. I'm assuming a lot of it is going to be about the game's reception and stuff like that. I guess they're going to show tentative timeframes for the releases of the DLCs, and talk a bit more about them.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Kingdom Hearts 3 first teaser was fully CG, and it shows: it looks MILES better than what we currently have. Maybe the animations are a bit stiff (they probably ripped the ones from KH 2) and the environment looks pretty bland and empty, but current KH3 doesn't come close to the initial trailer in terms of character model (nor it should, as Sora's first model was straight-up CG).

The Leviathan fight huge downgrade has a good explanation (it was still pretty unimpressive and ugly in the final game, though: they could have done a much better job), and that's that the FF XV E3 trailer was incredibly touched up, with huge amounts of non real-time CG there, especially in the Altissia parts. The character models, however, look considerably worse: they really show their PS3 immediate past.

Let's see what they talk about in the ATR. I'm assuming a lot of it is going to be about the game's reception and stuff like that. I guess they're going to show tentative timeframes for the releases of the DLCs, and talk a bit more about them.
I wouldn't say miles, but yeah in some cases it does look better like Sora's KH2 clothed model, I think at release it might look better though. I heard that Nomura is going to show up at this ATR, if he does I really wonder what he's going to show, maybe some post ending story content, that might tie to a possible future game I don't know. I just hope we get release dates for the DLC.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I'd rather them give rough estimates for the DLC tbh, not precise dates.

I would much prefer them to fully complete the DLC than rush because of a deadline they set for themselves.

Although deadlines are good at getting things done, I think they've rushed the game enough as is and should be focusing on quality for the finished product more than anything.

They can set an internal deadline for the team to work with, but just please make sure the final product is fully complete.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Speaking about DLC, do you think we will get the episode DLCs within 2017?
I personally think that at the very least Episode Gladiolus/Ignis/Prompto will, with the multiplayer DLC being released on early 2018.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I think episode Gladio and Ignis could come out this year, but episode Prompto may come out in early 2018.

New environments and gameplay elements would take a lot of time I'd imagine.

Multiplayer would be late 2018 imo.

Just giving them a lot of time in between releases as a buffer.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Speaking about DLC, do you think we will get the episode DLCs within 2017?
I personally think that at the very least Episode Gladiolus/Ignis/Prompto will, with the multiplayer DLC being released on early 2018.
I think they want to get it over and done with as fast as possible

I think episode Gladio and Ignis could come out this year, but episode Prompto may come out in early 2018.

New environments and gameplay elements would take a lot of time I'd imagine.

Multiplayer would be late 2018 imo.

Just giving them a lot of time in between releases as a buffer.
I would imagine some of the assets are done, I honestly don't expect them to draw this out till 2018. We also don't know how big the DLC's are they could be small 4 hours at most.

I expect all the big DLC's an expansions to be done in 2017, and a PC release in early-mid 2018, I don't expect anything from Final Fantasy XV in late 2018, unless it's a sequel announcement or something.

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Well, it was just a rough estimate after all. I find that things usually take longer to develop than initially thought and that things do go awry during development. So giving them a longer period to finish everything puts me in the mindset of not getting impatient during waiting (something I think more people should be doing since whining about waiting is unbelievable)

I mean it's a win-win situation kind of thinking.

People were pissed about the delay, then they turn around and say they should've delayed the game... I mean what?

Anyway, I don't mind the wait time so long as the quality for the DLC is great. I feel that Episode Ignis will be the most interesting and memorable DLC out of the 3 character ones.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Photo limit increase being considered, DLC weapons + more costumes planned.

https://twitter.com/RedMakuzawa/status/826297783976013824
Very nice. I hope they do increase the photo limit. I've become quite attached to my photos so deleting them to make room for new ones is proving quite difficult.

Mmmm more costumes. Me likey... but then I do wonder will the future ones surpass the greatness that is senor Mariachi Noctis *ponders*

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
Very nice. I hope they do increase the photo limit. I've become quite attached to my photos so deleting them to make room for new ones is proving quite difficult.

Mmmm more costumes. Me likey... but then I do wonder will the future ones surpass the greatness that is senor Mariachi Noctis *ponders*
Just take a screenshot using the PS share feature. If you set up the controls so that a single tap on the share button to take screenshots, you can simply select a photo, tap save and delete.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
It looks like it takes place within Taelpar Crag.

Sooo glad that Cor will be joining. I wasn't really that excited about Gladio's DLC before, but now I am.

I wonder what his story will be in this one?

Edit: Just took a look at the Twitter link you posted. It looks like we're gonna get story flashbacks in Gladio's DLC. Good. I was hoping we would get scenes like that to add more character depth.

Also... them suits are amazing xD